Build of the Week Season 4 Episode 1: Arc/Spark PvP Witch

lol
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
"
Shimaran wrote:
Can you make real news about the game for once ?

burn!!!!
Ign: ThatManWithTheBow
"
foetal wrote:
What a surprise, Path Of PVP build of the week a PVP one

What happened to POE??

To be more specific, what happened to the "we'll explain the changes we make to the game" and "frequent news about future plans" ? Also, we are still waiting for fixes that should have come weeks, or months ago for some issues.
Some players feel betrayed because they think PvE nerfs happened due to PvP.
This is just spilling oil into campfire.

As for me... not sure, i'd like to see some new inventive builds featured.
"
Shimaran wrote:
"
foetal wrote:

What happened to POE??

To be more specific, what happened to the "we'll explain the changes we make to the game" and "frequent news about future plans" ? Also, we are still waiting for fixes that should have come weeks, or months ago for some issues.

We've been trying hard to include explanations of balance changes in the patch notes (usually in italics). Do you have any specific examples of changes that you'd like explained better? I'd love to improve this if we can.

With regards to frequent news about future plans, we're not going to be prematurely revealing any of the Act Four content until a few weeks before it goes live (as then it's locked down and in a state where we can show it). We'll of course continue to post daily news, but it's not going to be earth-shattering until late Feb or early March, if the primary thing you want to hear is what's in the next expansion.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
With your public focus based 110% on PvP and nothing else you are going to slowly lose veterans of the game who chose not to PvP. This will of course change when you add more PvE content or skill modifications, but for now even I am losing interest in this game. Although it was fun, it runs out of content quite quickly.
ign Duelin_n_shit // AccidentlyTheWholeThing // Shweepin
Phys Static Strike build www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1124778
New Facebreaker 2.0 counterbuild www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1132421
Started From The Bottom remix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GndHO2lvF3k
"
Chris wrote:
"
Shimaran wrote:
"
foetal wrote:

What happened to POE??

We've been trying hard to include explanations of balance changes in the patch notes (usually in italics). Do you have any specific examples of changes that you'd like explained better? I'd love to improve this if we can.

With regards to frequent news about future plans, we're not going to be prematurely revealing any of the Act Four content until a few weeks before it goes live (as then it's locked down and in a state where we can show it). We'll of course continue to post daily news, but it's not going to be earth-shattering until late Feb or early March, if the primary thing you want to hear is what's in the next expansion.

Well at least this is honest. Color me uninterested until this game gets back to what it does best.

E: Ill try to explain myself a little better. Chris, PoE has gotten really diluted and I feel the singular focus of it being a hardcore arpg is being lost. The disconnect and disenfranchisement I feel towards it now are real. It may very well just be a matter of perception but from where i'm sitting you guys just keep adding "extras" without really giving us any real substance.

FM was ok but honestly? Clever re-skins are only clever the first time you go to that well(maps?). The entire game just starts to feel really same-y when you overuse old assets so much in "new" areas. I can also understand that truly new content must be very expensive, this is partly why i've been so patient. But time and time again you guys prove me wrong and keep taking this thing in other directions(which is fine, its your baby, you're free to do with it what you will). I'm only speaking for myself although i've noticed similar sentiments being echoed on the forums lately. Yes PvP was just something to keep us busy for now, can you honestly tell me that the time and funds dedicated to that couldn't have been spent on improving the core game who a year after release still has only 3 acts?

I digress, best of luck for the future of PoE and GGG, really hoping you guys can bring me back into the fold. Love you guys but you're losing me.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jan 7, 2015, 4:25:01 PM
"
Chris wrote:
"
Shimaran wrote:
"
foetal wrote:

What happened to POE??

I for one wouldnt mind if you keep info and hype low and just end up blowing our minds with great act content, proper balancing, no more build destruction and overall game improvements in 1.4
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Jan 7, 2015, 4:21:31 PM
Ehhhh..... GameSpot's video isn't loading. When's the YouTube version coming out?
Thanks for the video Chris! :)

And for everyone who is looking for "real" content related news, is it not good enough that GGG is working really hard on Act4 which is planned to be released relatively soon?

I think it would be quite boring if the news every day would be "Act 4 is coming in a few months". I appreciate that they are working hard on the new content and I also appreciate that they are trying to post something interesting in the news every day!

I can't think of any other game publisher that keeps their community updated as often as GGG does, and it's completely logical that you can't talk about content updates on every single day.

So thanks again for the video Chris, I'm looking forward to the PvP Invitational! :D
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Jan 7, 2015, 4:31:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info