Belt of the deceiver

1) Does reflected damage from critical strikes considered as critical strike damage?
2) Is Belt of the Deceiver able to reduce reflected damage from critical strikes?
1) As far as i know, reflect is calculated simply from the damage an enemy recieves. That means that you will take more damage from reflect when you crit but the reflected damage itself isn't considered a 'crit' meaning it will not apply crit effects like elemental status ailments.
2) Considering that the reflected damage isn't considered a 'crit', i would assume that the damage reduction does not apply although i am not 100% sure.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
"
vargorn wrote:
2) Considering that the reflected damage isn't considered a 'crit', i would assume that the damage reduction does not apply although i am not 100% sure.

Yup, reflected damage isn't critical damage even if it got reflected off a critical hit, it's just damage.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I just found one of these, and wondered what kind of build it's good for in PvM. It seems to be mainly a PvP item, as a counter to crit builds.

The reduced blocking hurts a lot of builds, and the overall stats are easily surpassed by rare belts, so the reduced extra damage from critical strikes is the only draw. Default monster crits are quite feeble anyway (130% multiplier), so it's mostly blue/yellow mobs with crit multi bonuses that you need to worry about. Evasion builds rarely suffer critical hits in the first place (except from spells I suppose, but spell crits tend not to be too devastating damage-wise). So... something like a 2h melee armour-stacker build, combining this with Unyielding to take the edge off any 'armour-piercing' big crits?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info