dual wield cyclone mechanics

i have some questions on cyclone:

if i dual wield weapons, lets say a foil and a 1h mace. they both have different range, namely 7/5. which AoE will my cyclone end up with?

how is crit rolled for cyclone? each weapon has its own crit roll i guess ? so is there one crit roll per spin, or one crit roll per move (i.e. from the starting location to the target location i click to ) ?

how is cyclone linked most efficiently? is attackspeed important?

RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
It's kinda hard to test (but possible), I could get around to it these days I suppose. The way it works is this - while cycloning you're making these little circle AoEs by alternating your weapons, so it's entirely possible those AoEs can differ in size while DW.

Crit is rolled once per skill use by rolling a number from 1 to 100, so it means all hits you make with a weapon with a crit range that includes that number will be potential crits (and become crits if you also make the confirmation roll) until you stop spinning. So it's possible that your dagger will do crits and mace won't.

Yes, attack speed is very important, even more because a lot of players use the slot multistrike would occupy to socket life on hit.
Good links are MPD - LGoH - FA - conc, if you don't mind sacrificing aoe size. Don't fancy that personally because I find extra area very useful on cyclone so I use something else instead of conc, like added fire, but many would disagree with that, so it's up to you I guess.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 5, 2015, 6:18:13 PM
thx for the replay - im looking forward to your results !

another question: how is attackspeed calculated if i dual wield 2 weapons with different attack speed ?
"
cmphx wrote:
another question: how is attackspeed calculated if i dual wield 2 weapons with different attack speed ?

It doesn't really matter if it uses average attack speed like dual strike or not, you would get the same number of attacks per use. What you see on the tooltip is dps with averaged attack speed.

Last edited by raics on Jan 6, 2015, 7:54:15 AM
yeah but am i getting it wrong or does attack speed determine the speed with you spin around yourself?
"
cmphx wrote:
yeah but am i getting it wrong or does attack speed determine the speed with you spin around yourself?

Ah, yes, of course, average attack speed is used when dual wielding, with 1aps you make one spin per second and deal damage twice during the spin.

Last edited by raics on Jan 6, 2015, 9:30:01 AM
Ok, tested and confirmed. Cyclone uses the range of your longer weapon for all attacks, I've got over 130% AoE on that char so the base difference of two units shows nicely when attacking stationary enemies like totems.

According to game rules, it shouldn't work that way so I assume it was a coding limitation, an oversight or just too bothersome to do.

Last edited by raics on Jan 6, 2015, 10:29:02 AM
awesome bro thanks alot for testing! that means dualwielding with a foil offhand could actually produce interesting builds!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info