Pain attunement

PA is ok. You get 30% more damage for a pretty damn huge cost. First of all - chaos damage. While you can feel kinda safe in PvE with low or negative chaos resistance, you can be easy countered in PvP. Keeping all res. including chaos at their max/nearly max. while you are a low-life caster is possible for a cost of ineffective build in the end. Second - energy shield. Considering the huge amount of damage you receiving in PvP from many sources, having an energy shield less than 8k is deadly, while having 8k life would be much more reliable. Going for more shield through tree means sacrificing more nodes, thus clipping your damage/crit/mana. Going for more shield through gear means loosing other benefits like spell block and stun immunity, and gonna cost you whole bunch of gold bars.

I was testing PA like a day before this thread was born, and it is nothing else than a fair 30% spell buff. It is strong, but considering all the drawbacks of low-life profile, PA compensates those fairly and reasonably.

I'd rather be digging somewhere around the skills such tempest, molten, ele. penetration gems and ele. damage output formula. Ele. damage outperforms phys. damage by a ton, and that is the reason why some phys. damage builds are messing around AoF and all those damage conversion options through gems and gear.
IGN: RichMightyWitch
"
letmeknov wrote:
PA is ok. You get 30% more damage for a pretty damn huge cost. First of all - chaos damage. While you can feel kinda safe in PvE with low or negative chaos resistance, you can be easy countered in PvP. Keeping all res. including chaos at their max/nearly max. while you are a low-life caster is possible for a cost of ineffective build in the end. Second - energy shield. Considering the huge amount of damage you receiving in PvP from many sources, having an energy shield less than 8k is deadly, while having 8k life would be much more reliable. Going for more shield through tree means sacrificing more nodes, thus clipping your damage/crit/mana. Going for more shield through gear means loosing other benefits like spell block and stun immunity, and gonna cost you whole bunch of gold bars.

I was testing PA like a day before this thread was born, and it is nothing else than a fair 30% spell buff. It is strong, but considering all the drawbacks of low-life profile, PA compensates those fairly and reasonably.

I'd rather be digging somewhere around the skills such tempest, molten, ele. penetration gems and ele. damage output formula. Ele. damage outperforms phys. damage by a ton, and that is the reason why some phys. damage builds are messing around AoF and all those damage conversion options through gems and gear.

Like I said I can understand the 30% PA gain IF the other stuff was tweaked accordingly. Which you and Haunt both agree on, so I guess we're pretty much on the same page here.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Right there is huge cost for PA but in PVP PA is overpowered you easily shoot everybody before they can do a thing to you so little nerf is fine // 15%

Low life got lot of different bonus from gears with (increase x when in low life)

I think Mulla means PVP balance for PA
"
alshabibi7 wrote:
Right there is huge cost for PA but in PVP PA is overpowered you easily shoot everybody before they can do a thing to you so little nerf is fine // 15%

Low life got lot of different bonus from gears with (increase x when in low life)

No, I dont think it looks a bit unbalanced if you get two shot with arround 7k life from a low life caster with freezing pulse even before you can damage his high energy shield. Even if you try this with full ele damage to not get blown away by Molten Shell, its only a joke.
Beware, there could be irony included :-)
"
PigBrother wrote:
"
alshabibi7 wrote:

No, I dont think it looks a bit unbalanced if you get two shot with arround 7k life from a low life caster with freezing pulse even before you can damage his high energy shield. Even if you try this with full ele damage to not get blown away by Molten Shell, its only a joke.

Well I agree, watching your life drops in seconds while you are not able to do a thing, EK can get 6.2k dmg/shoot with good crit/crit multi from tree // with PA = 8.14k dmg/shoot note only tree nothing else , so to survive this you need high life pool :p at least to survive 1 shoot making sure you are dead next shoot.

but in freezing pulse you just RIP
"
alshabibi7 wrote:
"
PigBrother wrote:
"
alshabibi7 wrote:

Well I agree, watching your life drops in seconds while you are not able to do a thing, EK can get 6.2k dmg/shoot with good crit/crit multi from tree // with PA = 8.14k dmg/shoot note only tree nothing else , so to survive this you need high life pool :p at least to survive 1 shoot making sure you are dead next shoot.

but in freezing pulse you just RIP

Cwdt freezing pulse with LMP and cold pentetration does half life dmg no crit just for attacking. Tempest does nearly 1/4th per block and molten is a 1hit kill. Hey what do I know right? Everyone non caster sees it, dueliator made a caster just BC he wanted to see how broken it was, he's 10x what his melee was in top gear.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info