[1.3] INFERNAL FIST - 5 Exalt Price, ATZIRI KILLER. Max Block, 110k AoE/130k Single DPS, 5.5k+ HP

why exactly are you using a belly, the only thing going for it is flask recovery and with such low health it's nearly irrelevent anyway. the increased maximum life is worth less than any life roll on a rare would be.

edit: alright I'm an idiot, I wasn't factoring base life like a complete moron. Not even going to edit out my stupidity, gonna let it sit here for the ages.
Last edited by Tennian on Jan 3, 2015, 2:23:51 PM
I specced a lvl80 Marauder into this. This build feels very solid. Gems are far from max/quality but no problems to clear low-mid 70s. I also played facebreaker builds before but i think this is the cheapest and maybe fastest i came along so far. No mana issues. Leveling should be easy.

Equipment:
Spoiler

Had everything in stash, just had to socket, link and recolour things. Flask setup still need some love.

"
Jungla_ wrote:
I got a question regarding Tempest Shield you say that you should keep it at level1, however yours are level14 in the gloves?. And if its not to much to ask for, is there a chance you could make level range points? and not just show us the 98/120 points build.

Edit: You also didn't say which Bandits you took.

I think the int requirements are the limited factor on tempest shield. Can't find a word about keeping it at lvl1.

Bandits: Oak/Oak/Oak or kill makes sense.
"
Tennian wrote:
why exactly are you using a belly, the only thing going for it is flask recovery and with such low health it's nearly irrelevent anyway. the increased maximum life is worth less than any life roll on a rare would be.

Can you show us the math? Because Belly beats a rare by far (~300 to ~650) on my setup.
"
Jungla_ wrote:
I got a question regarding Tempest Shield you say that you should keep it at level1, however yours are level14 in the gloves?. And if its not to much to ask for, is there a chance you could make level range points? and not just show us the 98/120 points build.

Edit: You also didn't say which Bandits you took.

I was leveling using Enfeeble and Rainbowstrides, then I realized it was a waste of time and eventually unnecessary to use both, plus a headache to get the required Intelligence, so I removed it all, but I need to grab a tempest lvl 1 once I buy a new amulet.

Bandits: Oak, Oak, Kill All. Updated in guide thanks.

And yeah I'll post a lvling tree guide as well.

Edit: Here is the leveling tree (added to main post).

LEVELING TREE

I'm putting them in order of points spent instead of certain level.
Notes:
* We focus on block chance before anything.
* Life leech and mana related nodes are left for the near-final nodes because you should have no problem with either of those subjects until late 60s when you upgrade to a 5Link, use abbysus and so on.
* On that sense, extra flask hp is more important than leech, trust me.
* Life nodes are the final ones we get because only at lvl 75+ rare maps is when you need the big hp pool, before that you basically kill everything in 1 or 2 attacks, sometimes none, you just walk near the mobs and your counters will kill them.
* We never pick physical damage nodes except the first 5 because... we don't need them, on our way to get block nodes, the new 1.3 tree gives melee damage while using shields, giving us both block, defense, survivability and damage, best tree ever. I might add them later, will update.

14 points: Get resolute technique, nothing else.
http://poeurl.com/zavFcWZ

23 points: Block chance and elemental resists.
http://poeurl.com/zavFfj1

40 points: RUSH to get the 3 mana nodes, this is very important because you will have mana problems until you do high damage AND find the right mana leech jewlery piece. I kept these 3 nodes until mid 60s.
http://poeurl.com/zavFhnI

53 points: Block chance, life and damage nodes.
http://poeurl.com/zavFjCs

64 points: Block chance upgrade, life AND FLASK NODES, survivability will stop becoming an issue at this point.
http://poeurl.com/zavFlDs

72 points: Edge of tree for block chance and damage nodes.
http://poeurl.com/zavFnkY

81 points: Get mana leech to remove the 3 mana nodes. Now get the final block nodes on the templar tree, get the life leech nodes, Unwavering Stance (I didn't get this until lvl 78 tbh, when getting stunned became a problem, but never before) and Retaliation (the damage node while using a shield on the big wheel of Duelist). At this point I'm asuming you're using a 4Link only.
http://poeurl.com/zavFpff

93 points: Unrelenting so you can use your 5Link without mana issues and get more life. Juggernaut for 20% more life from flask, armour bonus and life. Bloodless for more life.
http://poeurl.com/zavFq4v

103 points: Herbalism and Constitution wheel. I haven't reached this point but I'm only 2-3 levels away, 20% flask recovery speed and 20% more life from flasks giving us a final 100% extra life from flasks, amazing. And of course more and more life.
http://poeurl.com/zavFsJl
Last edited by RXXQ on Jan 3, 2015, 5:34:02 PM
"
Tennian wrote:

edit: alright I'm an idiot, I wasn't factoring base life like a complete moron. Not even going to edit out my stupidity, gonna let it sit here for the ages.

Yeah, Belly gives us about 500-600 HP once you have 4k hp. So it is a good thing. But once I reach 5k Life around lvl 87, I will try a Tabula and see how it goes.

"
MacMoertel wrote:
I specced a lvl80 Marauder into this. This build feels very solid. Gems are far from max/quality but no problems to clear low-mid 70s. I also played facebreaker builds before but i think this is the cheapest and maybe fastest i came along so far. No mana issues. Leveling should be easy.

Equipment:
Spoiler

Had everything in stash, just had to socket, link and recolour things. Flask setup still need some love.

I think the int requirements are the limited factor on tempest shield. Can't find a word about keeping it at lvl1.

Bandits: Oak/Oak/Oak or kill makes sense.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the build.

Yeah you're right on both Tempest Shield and Bandits. Reason for tempest is that lvling and quality only gives more lightning damage, something that is useless to us since we have no spell and no lightning damage at all. Mine's 14 because I was using jewelry with intelligence and other things but eventually stopped using all intelligence required gems/equips because focusing on str/dex was easier, faster, better and stronger.
I have almost reached 60, and i most say this is really fun to play, however i have one more question, are you even res capped with all the uniques equipped? as i can't see how you can be with your current equippes, It will ofc be easier endgame with Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt. but i am thinking about skipping the unique shield. and just go a tri ress rare.
"
Jungla_ wrote:
I have almost reached 60, and i most say this is really fun to play, however i have one more question, are you even res capped with all the uniques equipped? as i can't see how you can be with your current equippes, It will ofc be easier endgame with Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt. but i am thinking about skipping the unique shield. and just go a tri ress rare.

I had the same doubt while I was building and lvling, I in fact had planned to get more resists from tree but I realized it was very easy to get the rolls on everything at a cheap price. And ALL we need is just one 15% resist node on the tree, nothing else. Later if you get higher rolls on everything you could also get rid of that node.

Here's the math:

For starters we have this base resist:
27% All from tree
10 -15% All from Belly
18 -20% Cold from Meginord (Don't buy any less than 18% resist)

We need a total of 135% On each on Merciles to have 75% Resists.

So, after considering our base resists at lowest rolls from both uniques, we need:

98% Fire
98% Lightning
80% Cold

We have the free boots slot, which proves you can easily get a 80+ Life plus 2x 40% Resists at 2-3C, or even less. Which brings the final resits of:

98% Fire
58% Lightning
40% Cold

And that's all the resists you need to get from your 3 jewelry slots. Easy to do and cheap:

Paid 2-3C for each of those.
First ring: 60 Fire + 16 Cold
Second ring: 62 Lightning + 23 Fire + 7 Cold
Amulet: 19 Fire + 18 Cold
Total: 102% Fire + 62% Lightning + 41% Cold

Bam, overcapped resists for a total of 8-12C worth of jewelry and boots.

Trust me I did a lot of tweaking and writing notes to make this build work haha. The basic idea was for it to remain cheap while having a high life and survival rate along with stupid high damage. Specially for it's price.
Last edited by RXXQ on Jan 3, 2015, 9:43:37 PM
Awesome good to know, thanks man, also just hit 60, that dps jump when you equip Abyssus is retarded. from 12k,to 25k :D Btw a good tip, use a wand with Faster Casting/lightning warp as a secondary weapon tab, Only thing i see my self dying to would be a dsync do a lockbox, and this solves that!
Last edited by Jungla_ on Jan 3, 2015, 10:08:10 PM
"
Jungla_ wrote:
Awesome good to know, thanks man, also just hit 60, that dps jump when you equip Abyssus is retarded. from 12k,to 25k :D Btw a good tip, use a wand with Faster Casting/lightning warp as a secondary weapon tab, Only thing i see my self dying to would be a dsync do a lockbox, and this solves that!

Yep, Abyssus gives insane DPS. Glad you're enjoying the build. It only gets better from here, but you gotta focus on life, that 90+% armour granite flask and high armour/life shield until lioneye. I would't recommend Great Old One until your base life pool is close to 4.5k, the dmg it brings it's also off the charts specially with a 5Link.

As for off hand I use Wand/Sword and put gems I want to level:

Spoiler

I equip Atziri's Foible + Rings with attributes when they lvl up, when I go back to my normal rings and amulet they become "red" and can't use them but still gain EXP.

As for boxes, unless there's an exile in them, I don't care for lag, sometimes my screen freezes for 1 second and when it comes back to normal everything's dead and my character is at max hp lmao. What I used to do was just swap my Vaal Haste/Cyclone slot for a Smoke Mine lvl 1. Works wonderful.

Another trick is to put a portal right next to the box. Open box and then click portal.
"
RXXQ wrote:

I equip Atziri's Foible + Rings with attributes when they lvl up, when I go back to my normal rings and amulet they become "red" and can't use them but still gain EXP.

Don't forget to do this in your mainhand also. Another 3 slots to level gems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info