Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

would atziri's splendour be good for this build
Hey there, this time around I come by just to clear up some confusion and share my testing/experience.

Although I play a low life version of crit arc while dual wielding void batteries, I've been fiddling around with I call the normal arc lightning build and a call of the brotherhood one.

First things first the gear and gems I test with are pretty much BiS except for some mirrored wands with the new rolls perhaps. I've tried a myriad of different setups, curses, passives, jewels and I always come back and have the best offensive/defensive with the Normal crit arc setup. Here's a breakdown:

-While CoTB shows up a much higher tooltip dps (103k as opposed to 84) I can hardly chill/shock any boss from map lvl 77 onwards.

-The classic arc-light pen-echo-faster casting-PCoC-LiFe leech Setup, Outdps'es any other I tried and offers the best leech.

-Even with massive regen on gear I can hardly sustain more than 7 or 8 casts. For bosses you can nuke (like Necropolis Phase2) I suggest using ralying cry.

-Poachers mark with CoH - HoI provides steady frenzy Charges, which in turn can boost your damage or used as a defensive synergy with CwDT - phase run, but it will not grant you any mana Back, this is for attacks only.

-Assassins mark with CoH - HoI offers the best offensive solution and will also solve %mana regen maps / no regen Maps.

-vaal pact + life leech is an absolute must with high dps. You don't need purity of lightning any more to deal with reflect and you are safe up to minus 8/9 resistances on maps affixes.

-Jewels are op. You can get as much as 40+ spell dmg plus %es/life from a single jewel. Get as many as possible.

I keep reading this thread much like a arc build group, so I salute enki for keeping it up and running.
Natrak 94 Witch | Low Life Crit Arc'er - Standard
Jannee 92 Templar | Low Life Wander - Standard
Ntk 74 Ranger | Low Life TS - Standard (idling)
Jaaneee 72 Ranger | LS Tank (idling)
Joramm 73 Templar | Ele cleaver - Hardcore (idling)
"
Ntk wrote:
Hey there, this time around I come by just to clear up some confusion and share my testing/experience.

Although I play a low life version of crit arc while dual wielding void batteries, I've been fiddling around with I call the normal arc lightning build and a call of the brotherhood one.

First things first the gear and gems I test with are pretty much BiS except for some mirrored wands with the new rolls perhaps. I've tried a myriad of different setups, curses, passives, jewels and I always come back and have the best offensive/defensive with the Normal crit arc setup. Here's a breakdown:

-While CoTB shows up a much higher tooltip dps (103k as opposed to 84) I can hardly chill/shock any boss from map lvl 77 onwards.

-The classic arc-light pen-echo-faster casting-PCoC-LiFe leech Setup, Outdps'es any other I tried and offers the best leech.

-Even with massive regen on gear I can hardly sustain more than 7 or 8 casts. For bosses you can nuke (like Necropolis Phase2) I suggest using ralying cry.

-Poachers mark with CoH - HoI provides steady frenzy Charges, which in turn can boost your damage or used as a defensive synergy with CwDT - phase run, but it will not grant you any mana Back, this is for attacks only.

-Assassins mark with CoH - HoI offers the best offensive solution and will also solve %mana regen maps / no regen Maps.

-vaal pact + life leech is an absolute must with high dps. You don't need purity of lightning any more to deal with reflect and you are safe up to minus 8/9 resistances on maps affixes.

-Jewels are op. You can get as much as 40+ spell dmg plus %es/life from a single jewel. Get as many as possible.

I keep reading this thread much like a arc build group, so I salute enki for keeping it up and running.

I agree with you what you say about Vaal Pact makes everythink much easyier. I will spec like this for Vaal Pact
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBLMFQgceCPQN0Q5IDlwPqxEPEZYTnhZvFr8W8xcvGGoaOBpsG_Ec3B0UH8cgbiL0JIskqiY8JpUnLylPKjgreCycLYsvnTbpOVI6WDrYO-NBlkSrRPtFfkWdSVFMLUyzUDBTUlVLVa5VxlXWVytYB13yXyph4mNDZAlknWTnakNq-mu3bAttGXBScNV0VX4zfsd_xoCkghCCm4UyhX2J04oojDaOZI9Gj6aP-pBVkyeVLpZ0muCboZ2uogCkkacIrJius7aGtvq9gsBUwGbDOtAf0PXVptte37Dhc-Nq5CLli-vu6_XsOO0g7-vw1fId96b31_rS

But at Poachers i disagree cuz you get life and Mana each hit.
My dps is 4.2k. I feel like its kind of low especially when I'm fighting bosses. What gear should I improve/optimize in offensive and defensive area?

My arc character is ReepInPeaceShanky

"
But at Poachers i disagree cuz you get life and Mana each hit.

The wording on curse is very precise, it will grant mana with attacks only.
Natrak 94 Witch | Low Life Crit Arc'er - Standard
Jannee 92 Templar | Low Life Wander - Standard
Ntk 74 Ranger | Low Life TS - Standard (idling)
Jaaneee 72 Ranger | LS Tank (idling)
Joramm 73 Templar | Ele cleaver - Hardcore (idling)
@Zaeo: Hey, cool to see that! Without MoM you may not need as much mana/regen investment, so you could try around a bit and drop some for ES nodes to build a bigger hit buffer.

@MyopicJoe: Thanks for your kind words! Always great to see when people get into this game through my build :)

@Johura: In that case i would recommend mana regen. No big deal if you've already crafted lightning damage %, just means you have to cast Rallying Cry a bit more often.

@UhYuuki: Yeah your DPS is fine. This number will skyrocket once you get to Lv20 gems and all the crit nodes in the tree.

@drankk: Splendour with a life roll is good, it's kind of like a rare chest and the life/mana on kill is a nice little bonus.

@Ntk: Hey man, nice to see you around here again! Thanks for your insight on those things, will save me a lot of time when i'm going back to test stuff for this build.

CoH + Ass Mark for Half/No Regen maps is something i didn't think of. I also really start to like the idea of free frenzy charges through HoI CoH Poachers, will most likely integrate this into the build soon.

I agree with you about Vaal Pact and would like to get it back into the build, just not sure what to drop. Possibly Doom Cast or Arcane Potency and make them an option for people without good rolled jewels at 90+, what do you think of this idea?

@Psycee: Good to see you finally got it working :) Ntk is right about Poachers though, we do not get back any life/mana from the curse.

@kingkactuar: You're kind of at the point between storyline and endgame right now, and will have to upgrade lots of your gear. To raise your DPS, best you can do right now is getting better wands. Since you won't have most crit yet, you can easily go for 2x Moonsorrows, if you want to boost crit already look for wands with 10%+ cast speed and 80%+ spell crit chance on each.

Even more important is your survivability. By looking at your gear, you should try to upgrade everything but your helmet, amulet and Fate Loop ring. Also use a Granite Flask and get the Alchemist cluster asap. All those changes will leave you with a much better endgame experience.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hello,
Thanks for the build but i changed my tree and all to the call of the brotherhood ring!
my question is which one would u use this
or this one
together with
this one?

The first one gives me like 700 more dps than the second one but the second one gives me like 4% more crit chance so more freezes and chills and damage off paper...

Thanks!
"
Ntk wrote:

Thanks a ton, Ntk. I learned a bunch of new things from your post and looking at your gems.
I'm level 70 and my dps is at 7k, around 8.5k with buffs (gems not 20 yet). Am wondering at what point will my dps be like yours (40-60k)

My gear -

I've also got a question about dps, when I'm using my main gear I got about 18.5k dps without Power Charges, with Power Charges It's about 23.5k~, is this decent for a level 86? I play with a ranger often and compared to his dps, mine feels quite gimped, then again he is playing split/tornado so probably not the best to compare with.
Last edited by honerpro on Jul 30, 2015, 7:32:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info