Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Thanks. Doesn't quite answer the question, but better than nothing :) Didn't even know that double corruption only had a 25% chance of occurring. I tried yesterday with a Starkonja, but it got bricked :( For gems, do we need the Lapidary lens or can it be done in on the corruption alter (too)?

Not that I will get (m)any chances to do this anyway, since I basically can't stand incursions (even though this build certainly makes them more tolerable).

About Empower, ofc it would be grand to have both of those fantastic items, but it either requires extreme luck or a wheelbarrow of exalts. And considering the extra chain has been pushed back from level 24 to 26 (lvl 25 for Vaal Arc), the gain isn't as massive as it was before. Hopefully the 8th chain should be strong for those of us who don't swim in exalts ;-)

But I have another question. Now that I'm done with the story and got hit with another 30% resistance penalty, I need to go over my gear and change a whole lot, and set up the Vortex-CWDT, as it sounds to be recommended to have two CWDT setups. Since most enemies will be killed from distance and I may not try to up block chances a whole lot, what gem is best to use as the third one? The guide mentions Tempest shield, but it looks like that won't trigger unless we block.
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Jul 20, 2018, 6:09:38 AM
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
Thanks. Doesn't quite answer the question, but better than nothing :) Didn't even know that double corruption only had a 25% chance of occurring. I tried yesterday with a Starkonja, but it got bricked :( For gems, do we need the Lapidary lens or can it be done in on the corruption alter (too)?

Not that I will get (m)any chances to do this anyway, since I basically can't stand incursions (even though this build certainly makes them more tolerable).

About Empower, ofc it would be grand to have both of those fantastic items, but it either requires extreme luck or a wheelbarrow of exalts. And considering the extra chain has been pushed back from level 24 to 26 (lvl 25 for Vaal Arc), the gain isn't as massive as it was before. Hopefully the 8th chain should be strong for those of us who don't swim in exalts ;-)

But I have another question. Now that I'm done with the story and got hit with another 30% resistance penalty, I need to go over my gear and change a whole lot, and set up the Vortex-CWDT, as it sounds to be recommended to have two CWDT setups. Since most enemies will be killed from distance and I may not try to up block chances a whole lot, what gem is best to use as the third one? The guide mentions Tempest shield, but it looks like that won't trigger unless we block.

Double corruption can be only aquired in Lapidary Lens, since u cant corrupt already corrupted item.

About 21 Arc. From 3.3 (right?) it gives 15% more (multiplicative) dmg for each remaining chains, that means difference between 20 Arc and 21 is: (more flat dmg)*all ur light/spell/elem factor + 15% more dmg to single target + extra chain for mapping to destroy everthing in 2 screens.

About CWDT's: all is correct, one with enfeeble/IC/duration and second is with vortex/tempest shield.
For second one all is about preference, i like how the Tempest shield looks like (ye we dont have normal MTX for Light shield) + additional block is always good. Some guys prefer Vortex to slow enemies. Believe me, the far u will go in maps, the more often they will trigger and save ur ass :}.
"
Baboonje wrote:
About CWDT's: all is correct, one with enfeeble/IC/duration and second is with vortex/tempest shield.
For second one all is about preference, i like how the Tempest shield looks like (ye we dont have normal MTX for Light shield) + additional block is always good. Some guys prefer Vortex to slow enemies. Believe me, the far u will go in maps, the more often they will trigger and save ur ass :}.

Okay, then maybe this is another case of "going my own way and making things worse" :P

I'll play around in PoB and see what gear I can get while topping up resistances. But I also looked at some skills on the wiki, and something like Shock Nova looks to be a possibly good fit too? It can only be level 4, but that gives 46 to 137 lightning damage and 23% shock effect. Could be useful if we struggle to reach the shock effect cap of 150%.
@vaNNii: No need to change any gear, you're already more than ready for endgame bosses. You could get a 21/20 Vaal Arc for some more damage, but that's about it.

@Naptoss: Damage-wise your weapon is better due to the high cast speed and flat damage, the guide only says that Doryani's is a good allrounder and even points out that it's not the absolute best for the build. What you would gain by using Catalyst is some more attack speed for Shield Charge.

Gearwise, aim to cap resistances without needing res on amulet or the boot implicit, then upgrade those both. After that, save up for a 6L Inpulsa's.

@KASHiRiNKiTO: First thing would be a Watcher's Eye with Wrath Mana Leech to have some sustain, and then fix your flask setup. Since you went the block route, use Eternal Life - Basalt - Sulphur/Silver - Atziri's Promise - Rumi's Concoction and then get the Alchemist cluster. You may also want to look out for a pair of elder gloves with 4/5% block chance.

@SuperTots: +Chain enchant gives us more damage, if you're on a budget get the Lightning Golem Buff Effect enchant.

@Raechel: Hinder on abyss jewels is still useful, since Singularity's Hinder range is very low and it's usually just a weapon that you'll use until you can afford something better anyway.

@Svenux: Time for you to get one of the better mana sustain options, and upgrade your Pantheon if you didn't yet.

@Pangaearocks: Lots of questions there, gotta summarize them all in order of appearance.

A 5L Inpulsa makes the damage loss compared to a Tabula up with its shock effect, which gives us another 2% to final damage for each 10% shock effect, until hitting 150%.

Quality on weapons does nothing for our damage, but does increase socketing and linking probability.

I'm recommending Merc Lab after A10 Kitava so you can farm a little inbetween, level up your Arc gem and maybe gear up for maps already, which will make it substantially easier. Countering the second resistance penalty isn't hard.

You eventually want Lv21 Vaal Arc and Lv4 Empower for the huge base damage increases. Currency is pretty easy to build up once you're geared and just map, alch them and pick up loot and check out the guide on how to figure out if something is valuable in First Steps section.

Shock Nova on CwDt won't help, just like with Arc the shock effect it grants is only for the skill itself, you don't gain global shock effect. Same goes for its damage.
twitch.tv/enki91
@Enki91 and @Baboonje THANK YOU!
Any advice on what I should do to up my damge? I'm currently stuck at around 23k, which makes killing bosses (anything above t7-8) a chore, really.
My budget is limited, as I've only recently started playing and have no idea how to tell if stuff will sell or not, yet - around 70c is what I have.
Hey, Enki! I chose your build as my first character and it's been going so well into the endgame, I have learned so much about the game from your detailed guide and I truly appreciate it.

I'd like to ask a question, which one of those should I try and 6L? One has less shock effectiveness than the other but gives more damage when an enemy is shocked.. thoughts?

Edit: If you have the time and could criticize my current gear then I'd appreciate it. I am trying to focus on getting Mind of The Council helmet while still maintaining my res but I hit a roadblock there.. Also on jewels.. cast speed or shock effectiveness? which would benefit more..
Last edited by Neoroify on Jul 20, 2018, 1:34:14 PM
Hi to all!
What I need to change, to be better? I know I need fix my Flask, but not drop good for now. I will buy Inpulsa's Broken Heart when I have currency or drop.

That is my Offence:

That is my Defence:

I think my Character can be see it.

Thank you!
Hey Enki, thought I'd check back here and see how your build has changed with the patch. I kind of made my own build using your old guide as a basis, so thanks for that. Pretty much the same apart from switching to duel wield and using whirling blades because of that. I just wanted to check what your thoughts were on watcher's eye and the importance of their interaction. Currently in the process of saving up for some wrath/clarity mixture. Feel like just adding more pene/shock effectiveness will help the most for bosses.
First of all thank you for this in-depth guide and the time you have invested in making the guide and answering to everyone.

If you have time could you check out my build and give me tips which items should i upgrade, im struggling with elder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info