Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

@sandor555

A 4l Kitava all blue is 10c

I don't even have that yet.

If I buy a one socket Kitava for one alch I do not have the currency to make it a 4 socket 2l yet either.

4 slot Kitavas are 1c.....

Then the currency needed to make it the right colours.

Ah, right also, you need Fevered Mind Jewel. Another 6c at least.

:/

<<Is poor.

Guess I am going grinding!
Last edited by Bhaladas on Aug 16, 2017, 12:55:23 AM
Yeah, the costs can be heavy at First, but well worth it :)

Enki91:
Please, try Ball Lightning. It looks amazing so far. Nice aoe & single dps.
ElysiumGate POE Klán:
http://www.pathofexile.com/guild/profile/91153

IGN: RedDuh
Last edited by sandor555 on Aug 16, 2017, 2:33:10 AM
Hi,

thanks for the build, got a pledge drop in last league and will try an arc build, still have to find
out how to get the dps-boost from hideout to buffed just with arcane surge and onslaught without the
elementalist passives.

But my main question is about elemental overload, of course you have no multiplier (100 %) but
your strike chance also stays at 5 %, even if you take the counterweight nod, on another char i have
a gift from above diamond ring that says "trigger level 10 consecrate when you deal a critical strike",
with 47 percent crit chance i should have constantly consecrate but i don't have (and nearly never
in boss fights), so is elemental overload useful if even the chance tooltip is too high or the chance scales down against bosses?
@Bhaladas: Arc will fell better in endgame, even without the extra chains enchant it clears really fast with this build. If you prefer to use Storm Burst while leveling then go ahead, just make sure to level the Arc gem with you.

Kitava's is not really an option for you right now as you're still low level. I can see why you had issues on Avarius, you barely have any life on gear and no movement speed on boots - i had no issues outrunning him with Wanderlusts. If anything, invest into said boots and a Goldrim, and use essences or farm a bit to get some gear with decent liferolls.

We don't use the endgame gem setup for storyline, there's its own setup explained in the leveling section - when we get which gems, what to link and what to drop. This mainly affects also how we apply curses, during leveling they're on Blasphemy as we don't use MoM yet.

I've also worked on your build and came to the conclusion that either Three Dragons or Aegis gets wasted in that setup. But i had a pretty cool idea in the process, and if you're open for different gearing options then i'd share it.

@sandor555: Tried BL and have to say it feels really nice with Slower Proj, not so much without.
Skill has potential to become the new main single target for this build, haven't had much time yet to compare all four together under same circumstances.

I actually really like gastanks approach on the previous page, together with a Kaom's Heart this could make the build Shaper/Uber capable. Will try once my new computer arrives.

@Capleton2: The reason for the inconsistent consecrated ground uptime you experience is that the consecrate skill, which is exclusive to Gifts from Above has a rather high cooldown.
The ring used to simply trigger consecrated ground on crit in the past, but GGG explicitely made this change since it could become a massive stress on the performance and servers with a high crit/s build.

For this build, we mostly get Elemental Overload proc through Orb of Storms, which has 9.5% chance to crit (or ~22% with Crit Strikes gem) and produces lots of individual hits, which all have a chance to crit and with that proc EO.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Aug 16, 2017, 9:16:51 AM
@Enki91

Yeah I am open to ideas.

I also adjusted my build and it is working better in it's current form. Avirus is still hard, but thats mechanics more than anything now.

In regards to the "Stormbringer" I am open to hearing what you want to share. For me the build is a brainstorm as I understand that even though so many builds are viable, POE has certain mechanics that make some builds more "viable" than others and I would prefer to have a viable build. I just like to look for builds outside of the "norm" but am still learning how to implement them in a way that works.

So sure, share away. :)
"
Enki91 wrote:
I actually really like gastanks approach on the previous page, together with a Kaom's Heart this could make the build Shaper/Uber capable. Will try once my new computer arrives.

Even without access to Kaoms (I'm playing SSF right now, so don't even have pledge or a 6L yet) I've found the additional defense from CwDT+IC and Leap+Fort solves a lot of the single target problems. Lightning Tendrils seems to be the highest single target spell with Conc Effect, and this lets you facetank bosses longer, which alleviates the problem with having such a short range. Even with ranged spells like Storm Burst or Ball Lightning, just being able to sit still casting longer will help a lot with single target DPS.
Hey guys
What is this build viable for?
Just started to play and haven't feel potential of the build.
How easily can I clear T10? Can I complete T15? (with acceptable equip, not the best).
"
Enki91 wrote:

@Capleton2: The reason for the inconsistent consecrated ground uptime you experience is that the consecrate skill, which is exclusive to Gifts from Above has a rather high cooldown.
The ring used to simply trigger consecrated ground on crit in the past, but GGG explicitely made this change since it could become a massive stress on the performance and servers with a high crit/s build.

For this build, we mostly get Elemental Overload proc through Orb of Storms, which has 9.5% chance to crit (or ~22% with Crit Strikes gem) and produces lots of individual hits, which all have a chance to crit and with that proc EO.

hi,

i agree with the crit chance but why not using sparks instead, buff is needed in boss fights (if you
can't clear the trash mobs in the map without EO you wont kill the boss), orb of storms has a low range
and its hard to trigger EO in boss fights without trash mobs, maybe using sparks + crit chance
+ curse on hit + conductivy or warlord in a 4L, what you think of making a storm call totem instead of the decoy totem, it also taunts mobs/the boss and does some decent damage in a 5L-Chest, don't see
any sense using arc and tendrils at the same time, you cant cast both at the same time and you need
a 6L chest for tendrills to be effective compared to arc. (I'm a poor player not a trader but thats
what i like about poe, having fun playing instead standing half of your time before the auction house like in other games)
How about throwing arc into one of these: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Tempest%27s_Binding

And then using the 6 link for single target skill (such as lightning tendrils)?

Also, I feel like berserker with vaal pact, high hp, and MoM might be the version that ends up doing shaper just because of how op that berserker leech is.
@Bhaladas: Here's the build i was thinking of, you need to import it into Path of Building. There's two trees you can switch between, just adjust the gem setups and configuration (Crit Strikes gem, Power Charges, Lucky Crit Chance) when doing so.

The goal was to maximize flat fire damage and balance it together with lightning damage to have a similar shock and freeze chance. The crit version has higher probability to apply those ailments, the noncrit version has more life instead. Mutewind Whispersteps are needed to be able to ignite, and with that enable Mantra of Flames, which we stack lots of buffs for.

Spent way more time than it was probably worth, but was fun experimenting a little.

@gastank: Yeah good points, unfortunately i'm too close to the limit to add this optional setup to the guide right now. Seriously need to cut down my wording.

@sonic_sleep: I've done T16s with it already, it works but it's not foolproof, you need to dodge, keep up your buffs and preferably have some experience with the bossfights.
If you're looking for a build to facetank everything with, this isn't the best choice.

@Capleton2: The thing about Orb of Storms is, you drop it once, can drag the boss into it if needed and forget about it until you need to refresh EO, while with Spark you'd sometimes have to cast a long time until it finally crits.

Spell Totem has significantly lower life than Decoy Totem, plus it doesn't naturally taunt and we can't really enable it to taunt with this build. I've tried all kinds of spells with Spell Totem for single target aid over the last weeks, but the spell damage & cast speed penalty and low life of the totem make it no feasible choice.

Tendrils is better for single target than Arc even on a 5L, you probably just compared differently leveled gems or your Tendrils ended up hitting on the low end of lightning damage range.

@tsunny: That's an option, but i'd like to avoid requiring league-specific uniques or changing the class of this build.
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info