Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

SAd no vid :(
"
MezegisX wrote:
Hello, complete newbie here with likely a very simple question, only level 22, so I may be early in asking this.

You take Elemental Overload for the 40% boost to damage when you crit, but then have us use controlled destruction which gives -100% crit. How does that work? Wont I never crit, thus not get the bonus damage?

Thanks!

Mainly the elemental overload is proc by the orb of storm set up since it doesn't use the nerfed crit gem in.Then he took some crit node that come with the staff block mastery Wheel.

So yes arc will have only 5% crit with controlled destruction ( nerfed crit+ more spell dmg) and will be hard to proc the OA .But with the staff mastery+ crit chance on item you will have a little better crit chance but not that much.
I just found a Vaal Arc any thoughts on the gem? I notice it has much more chaining and 100% chance to shock at the sacrifice of the increase shock effect.
so i got now 75% resi but a another problem.

I make 10k damage in "C" with arc.

stormburst just make 300.

but i cant run lvl 6-10 maps solo...

my friend got half equip and plays a other build and he make 70k damage on C :/

Hey there,

Thanks so much for creating this. I've been enjoying my time so far and I'm looking forward to getting to progressing this more and more. I was wondering if you could break down a bit more for me why we choose Necromancer over something like Elementalist? Is it just for the block chance from Bone Offering? Thank you!
Hey!

Thanks for this major update you did to this build :)

I see that you use 3 different setups which we can choose from for single target. But I was wondering if ball lightning might be an option as well with slower projectiles.

I tried it, it's okay... did you test it as well and what do you think of it?
Hello I have a question related to this build.

So in the build you recommend:

Kitava's Thirst: Bone Offering / Desecrate / Warlord's Mark / Conductivity

I find it more reliable to instead do:

Gloves/Boots: Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit - Warlord's Mark - Conductivity

The problem I find with your setup is that frequently my skills cast Desecrate on myself, which then causes Bone Offering to cast on myself which curses no enemies because the curses are cast on me, and I end up running out of mana from lack of leech because nothing's being cursed. I found it to be much more reliable to cast Orb of Storms which curses immediately rather than only with a helmet proc and stand closer to enemies so at least half of them end up in range of the curses.

I only have half your DPS so maybe I just don't attack fast enough yet for the 30% proc to be much more frequent for your setup to be reliable. Could you elaborate on my take on it? I'm curious if I'm doing something wrong, I just can't get your setup to work.

Also side question: Is there a way for the helmet to proc Desecrate / Bone Offering one after another? Right now it seems like no matter how you rearrange the gems on the helmet, Bone Offering always goes first and Desecrate second, so with no corpses around Bone Offering will not work on the first helmet proc.

Thanks.
@MezegisX: As Elf_97 already explained, we mainly proc Elemental Overload with Orb of Storms.
That said, the 100% reduced crit chance is an additive multiplier and means instead of completely removing all crit chance, it simply reduces the total crit chance by 100% of the base crit value, and that only for the linked skill.

@Normanoid: This is basically still there, just in text form and exactly at which points you will get those gems. Can't really make more additions to the guide now, i'm about ~300 characters below the post limit cap of 50k.

@gera23ret: Yes, check the picture right below the links to see which choices are optional and what they do, so you can decide which ones to go for.

@Cryten0: Nah it's pretty much useless. Vaal skills can't be supported by Spell Echo anymore, and require an amount of souls to use, 64 incase of Vaal Arc once in endgame.
This means you would have to sacrifice a 4L, or even 6L for a mediocre skill that you can only use once in a while.

@Farm4Ace: Looks like you've respecced the char so i can't really have a look anymore, but just gonna say never compare builds by their DPS, especially not tooltip DPS and even more so not if they use different skills.

@Rhois: You can find a direct Necro vs. Elementalist comparison around halfway down on page 292.

@Mungu: Haven't tested it yet, gonna give that a try later!

@Grabz19: The curses ae automatically cast on the nearest enemies, if there are none it will be cast on you. To my understanding, you need to socket Desecrate before your offering skill to get it cast first. Check the trigger order here.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hello,

First, thanks for sharing the build (and a lot of informations).

Also, I had some problems on Bosses (i'm in Act 10 for now) and i find that link desecrate and decoy totem with a Faster Casting gem help me a lot during boss fighting (better than using a spell totem for desecrate). Easier to manage placement with faster casts.

Thanks for the effort but I think this guide is far from sustainable in late game. I'm having problem with level 2 maps even though I have invested lots of chaos.

1) The storm burst is kinda trash. The idea behind it is cool and it works kinda well in aoe, but for single target, no. The damage output of storm burst(5L atm) is just too weak vs single targets. It takes me several minutes to take down a boss in a lvl 2 map and it frankly goes much faster with arc. (Arc is still extremely slow though).

2) Arc is a good spell for clearing trash and weaker bosses but for single target it is way, way too weak. This fact combined with the uselessness of storm burst makes this build kinda hard to master(or even viable at all), especially for beginners which you recommend it for in the title.

3) The range of the curses from orb of storms is a good idea but the range and placement limit of the orb often makes the curses useless.

4) Bone offering is our main survival spell. Well, too bad that close to a majority of all bosses in the game(especially in the new patch) do not have adds to use it on.

I appreciate the time and effort you put in to the guide, and I don't mean to criticize you unfairly, but compared to most other builds I've tried this build is not viable what so ever, especially not for a beginner.

So, for anyone who is wondering if this build is worth it, it is not!

Brb, rerolling. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info