Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Thank you very much for the guide and the update. I have been coming back to PoE using your guide and so far it has been a lot of fun! At the moment I am trying out your changes to prepare and plan for 2.5 and the new league.

A (hopefully not too dumb) question towards your new revision: Your "new" setup has 10 skills one would like to have on one's hotbar. Am I missing something here or do you have to change your layout every now and then?

Because as I see it, with 2 blasphemic curses and 2 golems, one movements skill, two main attacks (Arc and OoS for culling) and the "oh shit oh shit" totem - action bar is full. How do you ever use frost bomb or vall grace/clarity?

~Edit~

I just learned that you can switch the golem skill to something else without the golem being destroyed. So this is likely how you fit the 10 skills on the hotbar, right? Then lets hope my golems don't die that much... *g* Because I finde it quite a hassle to reassign skills every few minutes.
Last edited by Stone884 on Nov 20, 2016, 5:58:01 PM
Is there any way i can get the old passive tree?

I was following the Arc Scion build, but now you have taken the skill tree down.
"
NaineNoire wrote:
Decisions, decisions..

Two possibilities. Either continue on the generic path Enki has laid out or divert into the Void Battery scheme. - can't deny it, ever since Septi outlined his numbers I felt goosebumps :).

Planning ahead towards lvl 90 what do you guys think?

This was my build at Lv.93, I use Enlighten Lv.3 which has to replace sovereignty. And my gear had a lot of HP so I could still maintain 5K HP or you cannot afford to drop those few HP nodes for more jewels (all jewels had 6% or 7% life)

I cannot lie, the high DPS and high crit rate are great fun to play with, the facebreakers mean everything is literally exploding it showers of gore, looks fantastic on DX11 :)

Lv.93 dual voids
Last edited by Sectiplave on Nov 20, 2016, 8:59:02 PM
I feel so much more squishy with the new tree, and I lost damage. The loss of immortal call and artic armor really hurts on a map that is hexproof.
even a non hexproof map, I feel like I do less damage and take much more. I might have to revert back to the old guide, it felt much stronger. Do you have a old hyperlink of the older guide?
"
Sectiplave wrote:

This was my build at Lv.93, I use Enlighten Lv.3 which has to replace sovereignty. And my gear had a lot of HP so I could still maintain 5K HP or you cannot afford to drop those few HP nodes for more jewels (all jewels had 6% or 7% life)

I cannot lie, the high DPS and high crit rate are great fun to play with, the facebreakers mean everything is literally exploding it showers of gore, looks fantastic on DX11 :)

Lv.93 dual voids

Thanks so much for the input Secti.

After considerable testing and swapping around passives, I am almost decided on my projected end-game build. I shall continue as is for the moment - my char profile is public, so's my passive tree - and keep Doom Cast. Its loss at my level made a noticeable dent in my damage output.

Additionally, I kept the mana-related passives at start and decided to not pick up Practical Application for the time being. I ditched Soul Siphon and the odd life point after Devotion, thereby having the necessary 6 points for Whispers of Doom.

The plan is to get Arcane Potency (4 points) and the two extra Power Charge nodes (2+3 points). This would be possible @ lvl 95. Unless I do away with either Deep Thoughts or a Jewel slot (both 2 points)to bring it down to lvl 93.

End objective is to go dual VB, but as long as I have neither the Power Charge nodes will take a back seat.
Last edited by NaineNoire on Nov 21, 2016, 5:46:21 AM
@NaineNoore: I'd say spec over to this tree, you'll lose some mana regen and 30% crit, but should gain more unreserved mana, some aoe for curses and Practical Application.

If you don't go with VB, get the 2 lifenodes in templar and last jewel socket next, otherwise powercharges. Bought a second VB yesterday and made a quick test, without changing trees they gave me ~12k more DPS fully buffed than my wands, haven't checked yet how much the last charge will give.

@Tiggah: If you check the Lv100 trees, all non VP trees have 4 jewel sockets and all VP ones have 5. While it says Lv100, you don't necessarily need to wait that long to get the last jewel sockets, it's just a baseline how i think the progression makes most sense.

Void Battery users for example definitely want all power charges, but they also need all the other stuff like enough life, MoM, unreserved mana and VP at a mapping level, which is why i had to ditch some DPS stuff or keep it for highest levels.

I've tried many different ways to increase our unreserved mana pool for the least point investment since we're kind of point starved already, and Sovereignty was the clear winner, giving consistently about 100-150 more unreserved mana than with mana nodes.

Looking at your tree, definitely drop Doom Cast for now and get the last life nodes and Sovereignty first. The DPS loss will be noticeable at first, but your survivability gain should more than make up for it.

Your DPS seems fine for the level of gear, but what i noticed is you didn't have your power charges up. I hope you keep them up while mapping.
Gearwise i see a few low life roll you may want to improve, and also switch to the new gem setup.
Especially Decoy Totem is important, i can't mention enough how good this gem is especially at bosses.

@Stone884: Yeah, you'll see how i personally have them set up if i'll be able to make some vids after the next patch tomorrow.

@Bommer29: Sorry, don't have the trees anymore, but to be fair i've mentioned on first page that this guide will go witch-only. You can take a look at the regular witch tree to get an idea what nodes to get.

@vladimars: That's unfortunate. Two things i can see is 3 jewels that miss life, low level Decoy Totem and no Enlighten/Sovereignty yet, these things should heavily improve your survivability.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Nov 21, 2016, 7:11:59 AM
Enki, you don't have a flask "of Heat". How do you deal with being frozen?
"
Enki91 wrote:
@NaineNoore: I'd say spec over to this tree, you'll lose some mana regen and 30% crit, but should gain more unreserved mana, some aoe for curses and Practical Application.

If you don't go with VB, get the 2 lifenodes in templar and last jewel socket next, otherwise powercharges. Bought a second VB yesterday and made a quick test, without changing trees they gave me ~12k more DPS fully buffed than my wands, haven't checked yet how much the last charge will give.

Thanks for the customisation Enki :) Will give it a whirl and see how it pans out. Prolly will go with VBs once I manage to find decently rolled ones @ not too steep a price.

I am sort of confused a little here, the screenshot of your character shows 126dex (with the Paua Amulet?) but the skill tree totals up to 144dex. My witch is currently lv77 with all of the dex nodes on the tree of the build (except the +30dex node)with a +35dex ring she is already at 149. Could you clarify?

I was following the old build, but have respeced to grab dual-curse since the update. Though still far in terms of equipment. I've stucked to immortal call, swapped vaal haste for phase run (casts together with immortal call on hit). p/s:My character profile is public.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info