Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

I find something really disappointing in POE and this build is a good example, Enki did put a lot of work to make it work and survive through patches, and even so, the result is, i'm really sorry : meh.

The truth is simple, it's the last selfcaster build alive in the whole witch section, everything else is crap broken spellslinger like VD with shitloads of millions of DPS and necros, and that's it.

And it sucks. My over-crappy stuffed Hierophant is allready much above 1M DPS and he litterraly has no stuff or almost so, he's not tanky at all, no defense layers, nothing, and he rolls over everything. I knew i wasn't going to love Harvest and didn't wanted to put efforts in this crap and bug'ed league, that's why i lvl'ed up that sort of thing, but still, here i am, wondering why a spell is most of time better used with totems, SS, mines or even trap, with better DPS and survivability, wtf is this crap ?

Selfcasters need a huge boost, with that work and all the imagination Enki did put in this build, the final DPS should be much higher, i don't see with selfcasters take higher risks than other "casters" for lower results, and i don't want to play a stupid SS VD or stuff like that, my hiero allready disgusts me from the game.

I invite you all people using this build to put the same thing that is in Enki's signature on the forum, GGG has to rebalance everything about casting, sels or not, this is a stupid situation.
Yes that's true unfortunately. Self casting anything other than DOT is far behind the Meta, and generally not very effective.

I don't care tho, i will still play self cast arc if that's what I'm into.

Who knows, maybe we will see some major changes in POE2..
"
"
UltimateAP wrote:
Hi all.

Im a noob at this game, but enjoying the hell out of it. Have played Diablo 3 alot, and needed something knew to get my head around and also cuz i had some hunger to learn something knew. And yeah.... That hunger is not there anymore, im actually full up deluxe! What a game. So much to read, so fun to learn, and an awesome passive skill tree, overwhelmed. :)

Have some questions regarding some steps and not leveling up skill gems in this guide thou, have googled around and couldnt find any exact answer.

In Act 3 it says:
"‣ Keep this Arcane Surge at Lv6 or lower, to proc it with a single use"

Dont know if im not familiar with "proc" so its a lack of rendering or whatever, but would appreciate to get that one explained: Why? I have been reading about not lvl up the gem when im not met the requirements, and that i cant be using the gear the gem is socketed in (and also not the gem). But when i meet the requirements, isnt the gem always better when they level up?

Actually found the same in Act 4 when i kept reading a bit in the guide, but with no info at all regarding why i should keep it on a lvl, this time on lvl 1:
"‣ Get Desecrate from Siosa and keep it Lv1"

Just want to know what the heck im doing and why im doing it so i can learn. :)

That arc is linked to flame dash which has a low mana cost. Higher level of arcane surge requires higher mana cost to proc it, so you want to keep it lvl 6 thus flame dash would be able to proc it.

Desecrate does chaos dmg per sec to you as its level increases, since we only need the corpses and nothing else from it we can just keep it level 1 and have the min amount of chaos damage dealt to us.

Huge thanx for reply.

So, in other words: I will just use Flame dash mainly for the movement ability first hand and not damage. And thats why its better to have low mana cost so you can move around quick whitout eating up your mana... Correct?

Regarding Desecrate and chaos damage: Do Chaos damage always damage players/myself? In the discription for the Desecrate gem it says:
"Desecrates the ground, summoning corpses and dealing chaos damage to all enemies in the area. The corpses will be chosen from the monsters in the current area and any Spectres that have existed in this instance.
Per 1% Quality:
1% increased Cast Speed
Base duration is 4 seconds
Deals (8.2-294) Base Chaos Damage per second
Spawns 5 corpses
Spawns corpses up to Level (20-100)
Maximum of 10 corpses allowed"

Doesnt say anything about "it will do chaos damage to you". Im not arguing or something about it, and i have all my trust in you, but again, just want to learn, and understand what im doing. :)
Hi guys!

I'm looking for help with my Enki's witch build because i'm struggling to do high tier map, would maybe someone be available to message me ingame to help me out? Or maybe you can reply me directly here on the forum, just look at my character with the name Witchnyyy.

Thank you very much and happy gaming everyone!
@Witchnyyy
Last edited by Éressea on Jun 30, 2020, 9:26:58 AM
"
UltimateAP wrote:
So, in other words: I will just use Flame dash mainly for the movement ability first hand and not damage. And thats why its better to have low mana cost so you can move around quick whitout eating up your mana... Correct?

The reason why you should not level the Arcane Surge that is linked to the flame dash gem is this line:

"Gain Arcane Surge after Spending a total of (15-400) Mana with Supported Skills"

Now arcane surge is a buff that activates when the gem is linked to an active skillgem, and you spend X amount of mana with that skill. In this case Flame dash even at high gem levels costs very little mana, so if you level up arcane surge support too high it would take multiple uses of Flame dash to activate the buff from arcane surge instead of just a single use.

Note 1: There is another arcane surge gem in the build linked to arcane cloak which you do want to level up all the way to lvl20. Arcane cloak spend a huge amount of mana at one cast, so it will activate any level of arcane surge buff, and arcane surge buff is stronger the higher the gem level is.

Note 2: Make sure you level up flame dash to 20 as well. We don't use that skill for the damage, but with gem levels it also gains cooldown recovery speed, which is very useful because it lets you use flamedash more often.

Hope that clarifies. :-)
"
Necrodox wrote:
All was well when I added Kitava's Thirst, however my spells are unable to be cast and I have no idea why. Any chance to mitigate this? I imagine this has to do with gem levels, what is the ideal gem (s) level for this? Thank you in advance.

Kitava's Thirst triggers the spells for you. Spells that are supported by trigger mechanics--typically from another linked gem or an affix on the item it's socketed into--can no longer be hand-casted (self-casted), only triggered. So that's why you're not able to cast them; it has nothing to do with gem level.

Your Arc should definitely cost more than 100 mana if you're following the build, so spamming Arc should trigger Desecrate and Bone Offering pretty regularly. If it still isn't working, make your characters public in your profile and ask here again.

Good luck!
"
smplx wrote:
"
UltimateAP wrote:

The reason why you should not level the Arcane Surge that is linked to the flame dash gem is this line:

"Gain Arcane Surge after Spending a total of (15-400) Mana with Supported Skills"

Now arcane surge is a buff that activates when the gem is linked to an active skillgem, and you spend X amount of mana with that skill. In this case Flame dash even at high gem levels costs very little mana, so if you level up arcane surge support too high it would take multiple uses of Flame dash to activate the buff from arcane surge instead of just a single use.

Note 1: There is another arcane surge gem in the build linked to arcane cloak which you do want to level up all the way to lvl20. Arcane cloak spend a huge amount of mana at one cast, so it will activate any level of arcane surge buff, and arcane surge buff is stronger the higher the gem level is.

Note 2: Make sure you level up flame dash to 20 as well. We don't use that skill for the damage, but with gem levels it also gains cooldown recovery speed, which is very useful because it lets you use flamedash more often.

Hope that clarifies. :-)

Yeah, thats clarifies ALOT, thanks for reply and good explaining.

If someone can explain more about the chaos damage on Desecrate aswell, that would be awesome.

Pricelesswombat answered me (some replies ago):
"Desecrate does chaos dmg per sec to you as its level increases, since we only need the corpses and nothing else from it we can just keep it level 1 and have the min amount of chaos damage dealt to us."

But cant find anything about that Desecrate skill gem will give me chaos damage (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Desecrate). It only says that it will deal chaos damage to enemies. Again: Just want to learn what to look for. :)
Just to share how tanky this build is even PARTIALLY setup properly:

I lagged out due to mob spawn from Delirium last night in a lvl 80 (T7-8 I think?) Primordial Blocks map with 2 Bestiary mobs fightinging me in the middle of a normal mob pack + the Delirium that just spawned.

I had just spammed flasks before lagging and was lagged for 1-2 seconds, then when I unlagged I was frozen for another 1-2 seconds before I reliazed and got the right flask hit.

I lived.
"
UltimateAP wrote:
If someone can explain more about the chaos damage on Desecrate aswell, that would be awesome.

"Desecrate does chaos dmg per sec to you as its level increases, since we only need the corpses and nothing else from it we can just keep it level 1 and have the min amount of chaos damage dealt to us."

But cant find anything about that Desecrate skill gem will give me chaos damage (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Desecrate). It only says that it will deal chaos damage to enemies. Again: Just want to learn what to look for. :)

I don't think that desecrate does any self damage. However we don't gain anything from leveling up the gem. The sole purpose of desecrate in this build is to spawn corpses which serves us in a number of ways: 1. Bone offering needs corpses to consume 2. Our ascendency points gives us bonuses based on number of neary corpses and number of corpses consumed recently - the more the better. Since desecrate raises a fixed amount of corpses at all gem levels it is OK to keep it at lvl 1.
"
smplx wrote:
"
UltimateAP wrote:

I don't think that desecrate does any self damage. However we don't gain anything from leveling up the gem. The sole purpose of desecrate in this build is to spawn corpses which serves us in a number of ways: 1. Bone offering needs corpses to consume 2. Our ascendency points gives us bonuses based on number of neary corpses and number of corpses consumed recently - the more the better. Since desecrate raises a fixed amount of corpses at all gem levels it is OK to keep it at lvl 1.

Desecrate definitely does deal chaos damage over time; hence it having a duration (spawned corpses are permanent unless consumed, of course). But of course you are right, the chaos damage and gem level are irrelevant for our purposes.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Jun 30, 2020, 4:13:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info