Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Finally had some time to test the build in Ascendancy and optimized passive tree and gem setups!
Only tested Occultist so far, waiting for free Ascedancys on standard chars to test the others, but it is very promising already!

@Celiel: Not really, you're better off with a Lifesprig or Axiom Perpetuum for leveling.

@kyuuza: Reworked the Orb of Storms setup, with Inc AoE you get enough range to dodge most bosses while within the radius.

@blub_master: How much mana/mana regen do you have on gear?

@coolspot: This is true! Seems really great for charge generation, and atleast witches can easily keep the charges up without having to drop Orb of Storms all the time.

@heroine4life: Cold Pen may seem bad at first, but it substantially raises our freeze duration, which enables us to freeze way more often. Just check the Shrine vid, despite EE i'm still able to freeze rares - and that was without all the new buffs that came with Ascendancy.

twitch.tv/enki91
I can't see the tree with the ascendancy occultist skills, can someone please tell me which nodes to go for and in what order? Alternatively take a screenshot of it and link it?

Thanks!
Last edited by Thellman on Mar 9, 2016, 6:25:32 AM
Been playing as inquisitor, just a few ideas...

The orb of storms with pcoc setup is really disgusting (in a good way). With increased aoe I guess it is tolerable for bosses. I definitely prefer FC over increased duration so that it's a smoother playstyle when clearing maps.

Could probably take out the pcoc from the arc setup and put in innervate or increased critical strikes, not sure which is better but onslaught is fun.

Also since we whirl all the time, quicksilver isn't really needed. Instead, get the new basalt flask which gives 20% flat phys reduction which is pretty sick with a granite flask. Roll reduced charges used and staunching. I tried staunching on utility a long time ago and enjoy it a lot. This combination gives me 80% phys reduction with basically no armor on gear.
Last edited by kyuuza on Mar 8, 2016, 11:31:52 PM
I'm having trouble deciding if I want to play Assassin or Occultist. I'm in HC Perandus. Is the dps difference between the two really siginificant? I am tempted by a quad curse setup on the witch though, I'm wondering if CoDT is better than blasphemy for enfeeble/temp chains?

Which subclass do you think is best for HC?
Are we using 2 warlord's mark?
I saw that you changed the gem setups for dual curse, but don't take it in the tree. Am I missing something here?
"
heroine4life wrote:
@Vaaroth,

First 36% pen is not at most 36% more but at least 36% more. From 0% to -36% is 36% more, from 75% to 39% is 244% more (though if we are going to get technical the % more can be less if the monster res. is below 0)!

The freeze is nice survability and CC but because you are talking about 1/2 conversion, and the tree is light on crit damage and damage (focuses a lot on cast speed) the freeze doesn't work well on mid-tier blues. Hoards of whites are never really an issue for survability.

Herald of ice is more reliable than lightning for curses (mostly due to range) but again it doesn't work well on instance map bosses or solo pack yellows; they both require a kill to trigger the event (neither work on Atziri for instance). I prefer to Curse on Hit onto orb of storms. Reliable, good range, and works on bosses dependably.

This is purely anecdotal but I haven't had much trouble freezing blue mobs as far as I recall. Curse on hit orbs of storms sounds pretty cool, but I've been trying out the PCoC orb of storms and using increased crit strikes with arc which seems a lot smoother for single target power charge generation as well as having consistent crits. Atleast with a CwDT warlords mark we can have consistent life leech on bosses.

Also:

Second try at enchanting my helmet and BOOM. Can't believe it lol.
Last edited by Vaaroth on Mar 9, 2016, 12:59:23 AM
Hello and first, Thanks you for this awesomme guide!

I am actually in leveling phase with this build (lvl 61, Arc lvl 14) si I am using spark (4L) for the moment. I am wondering what is the best option when the Arc reach lvl 16 : Keep spark with 4L and wait 5L or 6L for switch with Arc or switch to the Arc 4L?

Thanks You again for all the explainations, very useful for a beginner such as me.
you can just do what i did buy a very cheap and crappy 5 link and use arc with it till you find a good five link like i did im 82 now and rolling over maps thanks to this guide
So anyone going fo assasin? Would like to know how is that build going later in the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info