Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

@Raggon: You can get ~40% spell dmg (or open prefix for master) + ~10% cast speed (or open suffix for master if wand got spell dmg) + 90-100% spellcrit for that budget.

You don't need a leveled Enlighten for MoM. In Talisman, i've specced it with around 500 unreserved mana and 120 mana/s regen. When coupled with a Hybrid flask you won't get mana issues.
twitch.tv/enki91
I paid 38c (30 and 8)for both of these then scoured off the bad master crafts and put on my own so 1 ex is plenty

Just searched Poe trade.
Can you explain the scouring? Doesn't it remove all properties? How can you only remove crafted properties?
Once you are lvl 7 with a master you can remove crafted mods at their bench for 1 scouring.
noob here, can someone please explain why we link summon golem with cast when damage taken? Wouldn't it be better to manually cast the golem whenever it's about to die?
Quick question on elemental penetration.

If we are utilizing Call of the Brotherhood (50% lightning damage dealt as cold) Then don't we reduce the effectiveness of our penetration gem by 50%?

That being said, wouldn't utilizing Controlled Destruction be more beneficial(albeit counter intuitive)? For only a slight reduction in crit chance we gain more spell damage. If the penetration gem is only affecting 50% of our damage, this would be worse than controlled destruction.

I would also consider running elemental weakness (to achieve pseudo dual resistance penetration)as a curse and consider the life leech gem.
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Feb 18, 2016, 8:46:04 AM
@markdonkey: Just for convenience. There's no difference in physical damage reduction granted from the golem between Lv12 and Lv20. There is a difference in base minion life and damage, but we don't scale minion damage and when linked to CwDt the golem is up 90% of the time anyway, so it's negligible.

@lDantonl: While you're right about the effectiveness, it doesn't make Cold Pen a bad choice.
Controlled Destruction may be superior against low cold res enemies, but the more cold res an enemy has, the more it loses its advantage. Against an enemy with 75% (or overcapped) cold res, you'll deal almost twice the cold damage as you'd deal with Controlled Destruction.

On top of that Cold Pen is a green gem, which enables us to switch in Mana Leech for No Regen maps and allows us to use Lightning Coil. Sure, 5b1r on a Coil wouldn't be impossible, but no one in his right mind would release a guide requiring 5 off colours on a high attribute requirement chest, unless it's a top tier multiple 100ex build.

Elemental Weakness is not strong enough to replace penetration nor giving up the mana leech and endurance charges we gain on top of life leech through Warlord's Mark.
Rares/Uniques have reduced curse effectiveness. so you'd lose lot's of damage where you need it the most. On top of that curse immunity and resistance overcaps aren't uncommon in maps.
I'm not completely writing off Ele Weakness though, it may find its way into this build in Ascendancy depending on some testing, but it won't replace the penetration gem.
twitch.tv/enki91
First things first: Thanks for writing a great guide! I got really interested in trying this build out once Ascendancy is released and a new league starts (if this build is still viable then that is..?).
Just wanted to make sure, because this will most likely be the case for me - will this build work as a first char in a new league ( = dont have much currency to use to buy mentioned uniqs etc)? If not, is it possible to tweak it somehow to make it work with pretty much self found gear? Sorry if I'm asking for something that's already been covered!
@theory75: Hey there, thanks! The build will most likely still be viable in Ascendancy, atleast i couldn't see any justified reason for nerfs when there's much more imbalanced stuff around.

One thing that was really important to me when making this build, and i guess also one of the main reasons this build is fairly popular through many patches is the great gear progression curve.
You can get started by selfcrafting some daggers (alt for spell dmg or spell crit, add the other per master) and selffound gear, which will already serve you very well. But the more you invest into gear over time, the stronger this build gets.
twitch.tv/enki91
At what critical rate for Arc does PCoC start to have respectable uptime? I am at 16% and Lightning Penetration outperforms it by a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info