Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
DEL_MAX wrote:
dear experienced arc-players, how does it feel in delve? didn't see any delve related info in Guide..

I typically only Delve to 200-300 each league, but it's completely fine for that.
"
DEL_MAX wrote:
dear experienced arc-players, how does it feel in delve? didn't see any delve related info in Guide..

I probably wouldn't call myself an experienced arc player. I started PoE this season.
However, I can share my observations with you.

Damage wise 300 - 350 is surely no problem- and it is possible to go deeper as well.
Regarding survival though...
I can do 50 delves without taking damage and afterwards get 1shot out of the blue.
I personally feel that our main layer of defense that is dodge is problematic in that regard. We can avoid almost anything, but there is the potential for disaster.
5k live + a little energy shield is not enough to guarantee survival once you just don't dodge anything.

Maybe this assumption is misleading and it is due to my lack of experience with this class (or game), but imo even Enki himself is not satisfied with the state of the spec right now. Afaik Acrobatics was nerfed prior to this league?
@delve: here a comment on that from Enki (from p. 1206)
"
I didn't bother going further down than 600 during Delve League, a few people reached 1k. That was with a weaker version of the build, with both less damage and survivability.

I think strong multimoded weapons like the tigerhooks described by Enki help a lot in delve, in combination with the right flasks Cinderswallow, Atziri's Promise and the assasins mark curse on the ring (or gloves). That way you kill everything before it kills you, and if you get damage you leech to 100% in not time.

Edit: ah and of cause an Inpulsa's Broken Heart
before I had that one I used Vaal Detonate Dead to have something like a panic button for sticky situations :)
Last edited by Destiny567 on Aug 27, 2019, 8:05:19 PM
"
kali_h wrote:

Maybe this assumption is misleading and it is due to my lack of experience with this class (or game), but imo even Enki himself is not satisfied with the state of the spec right now. Afaik Acrobatics was nerfed prior to this league?

Yeah defenses are a big problem with elementalist right now. The oneshot bullshit is seriously draining my motivation to play endgame content.

The way the game works right now it's the only way to kill players really, have something output so much damage it eats through everything once it hits. Almost every spec is susceptible to this, but elementalist is probably the worst. It was even worse before pathing to phase acrobatics.
Last edited by ScaryAtheist on Aug 28, 2019, 2:09:28 PM
Hey! I'll just give my opinion, as a beginner who made it to endgame, concerning the leveling section rework.
I had a really smooth progression, when something wasn't working I just had to come back to the guide, because it is concise the info is just right there. Adding a lot of stuff would result, I think, in more confusion for a total beginner. We have a lot of stuff to read already when beginning this game, check the wiki every 2 sec and so on, I really doubt having a lvling section full of text describing tons of stuff would help. To me it's just fine the way it is.

Anyway, I had a great time, Uber Elder down, learned tons of shit, amazing guides! <3
@Fat_Horse: Fair point. I'll leave the poll up until patchnotes, but if the current results are any indication then I can save myself a ton of work.

-----------

On topic of delving with this build: To keep it short, not any worse than any other typical ranged build, so capping out around the 1k mark. After that point, all regular builds become irrelevant in Delve and you gotta build specifically for this content. The times of defensive approach seem over for now, current solo deep delve strat appears to be just stacking a ton of DPS with dex-stacking builds and play around the few on-death mechanics.

If your goal is to run ~300 depth for exp and maps you'll be fine, i've leveled to 100 in Delve that way with this build. If you want to do extensive Delve boss or fossil farming or do deep delving, this isn't the right build for that.

If all this will still be true for 3.8 is the other question, if I even continue the build. The new Elusive buff is a little alarming towards my suspicions of a general dodge chance nerf.
twitch.tv/enki91
I understand this build needs some love, but I am hoping it is still viable enough for you to continue updating it Enki91.
Well, I didn’t play Arc this league, and I didn’t play hardly at all last league, but it really sucks that self *cough* hand-cast Arc keeps getting shoved down in response to other Arc builds, and Arc mines will probably be popular in 3.8, which will interfere with the cost of gear. Enki, your build was the first that pushed me past 90, and my two highest level characters were with this build...I really wish GGG wouldn’t keep making it less and less viable. Personally I don’t know of any way to make this build better while still adhering to the spirit of it.
had a lot of fun with this build in 3.7, was hoping to continue with it in 3.8, since there is still a lot to improve on my char and a few challenges like shaper, uberelder I have not done yet.
I hope the build survives the 3.8 patch and they dont nerf it into the ground, and you find the time/motivation to update it after the patch.
Anyways, thanks a lot for your detailed guide. I learned a lot about poe with it.
Last edited by Destiny567 on Aug 30, 2019, 2:00:21 PM
i just wanted to thank you enki for the little time i've used this guide.

started poi midway through delve league, and found this guide before betrayal started and loved it. didn't have time for last league, so have just been dickering in standard off and on through legion. i don't have a lot of time for games, and found this short, but concise; and it also helped me understand a lot of how the game works in general.

i've never min/maxed this game, have never touched end game crafting and still found this build hella fun casually through maps and delve.

whatever you decide, thanks so much for what you've done!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info