Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Asherak wrote:
snip

Some really interesting changes here.

We're really starved for gem/skill slots with this build. It's not like super terrible, but I'm a simple man.

I remember dropping a bunch of stuff on the 3.5 build as well (curse setup, flame dash, decoy totem etc.) squeezing the LS trap setup in there as well as making room to use Bubonics. And afterwards it felt so much simpler and better.

I guess some of these changes you point out there are capable of achieving something similar. Once I'm further in the build, I might give a few things a try.
Last edited by Cendrake on Mar 15, 2019, 1:56:42 AM
"
There've been several people inquiring about an ES variant to this build. I've put one together. Special thanks to Enki and ocombe; read various forum posts and took input from both of you into creating this.

Nice, some notes though:
- why go for double curse? I'm not sure if Malediction is worth it against Vile Bastion, there are a lot of damage potential as it is already
- you don't need "power charge on critical" if you go with "Inya's epiphany" for the boots
- until you got 2 void batteries, it's entirely possible and a lot more safe to go for 1 weapon + shield, and to take "Arcane guarding" for a lot of additional ES
- a good cheap 1H weapon is "Singularity" (and you get free Hinder), but it requires a lot of str. You can also go for the wand "Moonsorrow" (and you get free Blind)
"
ocombe wrote:
Nice, some notes though:
- why go for double curse? I'm not sure if Malediction is worth it against Vile Bastion, there are a lot of damage potential as it is already
- you don't need "power charge on critical" if you go with "Inya's epiphany" for the boots
- until you got 2 void batteries, it's entirely possible and a lot more safe to go for 1 weapon + shield, and to take "Arcane guarding" for a lot of additional ES
- a good cheap 1H weapon is "Singularity" (and you get free Hinder), but it requires a lot of str. You can also go for the wand "Moonsorrow" (and you get free Blind)
1) In general curses are very powerful this league. Resistances are 33% and 66% as opposed to 60% and 80%. Defensive curses were scaled to compensate, but that still makes offensive curses ~70% stronger. In defensive terms, causing your target to deal 10% less damage means you need less ehp, so dropping the extra ES isn’t as big a deal. I don’t really know for sure if it will play out that way though, especially if Malediction gets scaled down with resistances.

2) PCOC is used for the damage (45% more damage at 9 charges). Forbidden Power is all the charge generation needed. Granted, I do need to calculate that for 7 and 8 charges as well as 9. I’ll need to change it out to compensate for the lower charges. Thanks! This is the very type of thing I missed myself.

3) 1 weapon and shield could work if you drop Dark Arts, but those 4 points offer 27% cast speed among other buffs. Still, I’ll have to consider the viability of a shield for early maps. Then surviving is much more important than maximizing dps, and the conversion into CI is harsh. I leveled with a shield myself.

4) Yeah, there are a lot of really good scepters out there, but I don’t want to be locked down with heavy strength requirements. The build takes little enough as it is, and strength gives no benefit to an ES build. Moonsorrow wouldn’t be bad, but in general I didn’t spend much time looking at lesser uniques for the build so long as it didn’t change functionality.

Thank you for the critique!

"
Asherak wrote:
Personal preference but I will probably run 2 Lightning Golems once I gem my final ascendancy (bad RNG on trials so far). The buffs they give stack and it saves running another gem as you can cast 2 golems from 1 skill slot. I've used the extra slot for Minon and Totem Elemental Resistance linked to my decoy totem & golem for the time being.
You can have multiple golems of each type, but the buffs only apply once. Otherwise we could grab the helmet enchant, apply some golemancer magic to get 7+ golems, and be whistling all the while.
Last edited by Aldonés on Mar 15, 2019, 5:25:28 AM
"

"
Asherak wrote:
Personal preference but I will probably run 2 Lightning Golems once I gem my final ascendancy (bad RNG on trials so far). The buffs they give stack and it saves running another gem as you can cast 2 golems from 1 skill slot. I've used the extra slot for Minon and Totem Elemental Resistance linked to my decoy totem & golem for the time being.

You can have multiple golems of each type, but the buffs only apply once. Otherwise we could grab the helmet enchant, apply some golemancer magic to get 7+ golems, and be whistling all the while.

Oh whoops you're totally right, don't know what I was thinking there. Flame golem it is then.
Can we save a slot if we use the bench for "minions cast + attack speed" and use it for one more enchant? Or wont the bench effect doesnt not us with our passiv?
Hello,

I have a question about this build

I started playing PoE by the end of the Batrayal league. I chose this build to be my first and I wanted to play this and become faster in leveling this Synthesis league. I just noticed that the biggest difference this time is the energy shield that is now being used as a mana source. I'm now level 81, have most of the gem setups and a 6L chest armour. The thing now is that I am afraid to activate the passive on the tree that says "life generation applies to energy shield instead", since I have about 3.6k health and 1.5k energyshield right now, but without the life drain I get from the ascendancy I would die so fast. Resistances are all 75% as well. My health and defensive potions would probably not be enough to keep me alive at all times if I choose to use this passive and make it drain (even more) energyshield instead of the life that I so desperately need. I was wondering maybe the maker of this build thought energy shield is being used instead of mana, but it still functions as a life shield as well? But it doesn't, all of the damage I get is going straight to my life. Does anyone know what I missed here or explain why this passive works after all? And how to not die when I choose to follow this builds' choice?
Last edited by punkasai on Mar 15, 2019, 8:46:07 AM
my stats
lvl 76
hp=3.2k
ES= 1.3
mana 31/780
arc does 12.3k dmg
im currently doing only tier1-3 maps. what is the stats i need to ge to t10+ maps?
i want to know how much more hp/es to aim for. i have all the important nodes but sometmes when alot of mobs attac me i run out of ES.
"
punkasai wrote:
Hello,

I started playing PoE by the end of the Batrayal league. I chose this build to be my first and I wanted to play this and become faster in leveling this Synthesis league. I just noticed that the biggest difference this time is the energy shield that is now being used as a mana source. I'm now level 81, have most of the gem setups and a 6L chest armour. The thing now is that I am afraid to activate the passive on the tree that says life generation now applies to energy shield, since I have about 3.6k health and 1.5k energyshield right now, but without the life drain I get from the ascendancy I would die so fast. Resistances are all 75% as well. My health and defensive potions would probably not be enough to keep me alive at all times if I choose to use this passive and make it drain (even more) life shield instead of the life that I so desperately need. I was wondering maybe the maker of this build thought energy shield is being used instead of mana, but it still functions as a life shield as well? But it doesn't, all of the damage I get is going straight to my life. Does anyone know what I missed here or explain why this passive works after all? And how to not die when I choose to follow this builds' choice?

You also have MoM (Mind over Matter), which makes it so that 30% of damage is taken from Mana instead of Life. And that's where the Energy Shield comes into play, because of EB (Eldritch Battery). Energy Shield does not only serve as our pool for casting spells, it's also protecting the Mana (of which we almost have none anyway, because of the auras).

Why exactly this doesn't make the build squishier, but even tankier, I do not exactly know. I'm an idiot myself and would also think that the other 70% (the way bigger portion) of damage still goes to life and that's not protected by Energy Shield anymore now.

I think someone asked the same question here at league start. I can't remember having seen an answer to that yet, but I do remember that someone on Enki's stream stated that this would make the build even tankier. Why tho, I have no clue. Would be cool if someone could give an detailed answer to that.

I do trust Enki tho 100%. He knows what he's doing and crunched the numbers, so I guess it's fine.

If you find yourself dying a lot, despite having enough life (can't say if 3.6k is enough for the content you're trying to do), resistances capped, the life flask (and the other utility flasks, don't forget about them, they're also providing some defense) and the leech, plus MoM and EB and ES Leech Support, plus Fortify, plus Enfeeble curse, plus the Storm Brand/Blind/Onslaught or Cwdt/IC setup, then it might just be inexperience with boss fight mechanics or certain map mods that make life harder for you.

The build isn't meant for facetanking, Enki explicitly says so. I still learn that the hard way every now and then myself. It requires to move and especially with bosses, learn the mechanics.

Have you tried the Cast when damage taken + Immortal Call setup? It can be really, really helpful in terms of survivabilty.

Although I had fairly good gear on my 3.5 build in Betrayal, easily worth 20-30 exalts, I still ripped on some red tier maps, due to certain map mods and being to reckless, as well as the Shaper Guardians... I barely managed to kill them, with just one or two portals left. I died a lot. It's because I'm unexperienced.

The build is beginner friendly, but I guess that doesn't mean you're not gonna die a lot as a beginner. It just means you're going to die a little less than with a not so beginner friendly build :D

P.S.: You might want to make your characters visible in your privacy settings so that some veteran can have a look into what's wrong and give you better advice than I ever could.
Last edited by Cendrake on Mar 15, 2019, 9:18:12 AM
"
Steve_H wrote:
Can we save a slot if we use the bench for "minions cast + attack speed" and use it for one more enchant? Or wont the bench effect doesnt not us with our passiv?
Wording in this game is extremely specific. Spiritual Aid only specifies increased or decreased damage. Every other stat does not apply, including more/less damage or attack/cast speed. So crafting minion attack/cast speed is a waste.

"
punkasai wrote:
I started playing PoE by the end of the Batrayal league. I chose this build to be my first and I wanted to play this and become faster in leveling this Synthesis league. I just noticed that the biggest difference this time is the energy shield that is now being used as a mana source. I'm now level 81, have most of the gem setups and a 6L chest armour. The thing now is that I am afraid to activate the passive on the tree that says "life generation applies to energy shield instead", since I have about 3.6k health and 1.5k energyshield right now, but without the life drain I get from the ascendancy I would die so fast. Resistances are all 75% as well. My health and defensive potions would probably not be enough to keep me alive at all times if I choose to use this passive and make it drain (even more) energyshield instead of the life that I so desperately need. I was wondering maybe the maker of this build thought energy shield is being used instead of mana, but it still functions as a life shield as well? But it doesn't, all of the damage I get is going straight to my life. Does anyone know what I missed here or explain why this passive works after all? And how to not die when I choose to follow this builds' choice?
I have absolutely no idea what you mean by “life drain from ascendency.” There is nothing in the build at all that drains life. In any case, you use Mind Over Matter to ensure your ES pool still protects life. I can’t look at your character right now (set to private), but you probably have some source of chaos damage over time in your gems or gear you have, but none of those are part of this build.
Last edited by Aldonés on Mar 15, 2019, 9:20:02 AM
"
punkasai wrote:
Hello,

Spoiler

The passive point you are speaking about (Zelotry or something similar) applies only you Life Regen to the Energy Shield. It doesn't count anyhow the life leech, nor life mulitplies. Theoreticly, if now you have let's say 100 hp/sec regen, you will stop regenerating Life, and start regenerating ES. I see on my own char, that from time to time i have to drink HP potion, when there is ignited ground or posions on the ground, as it takes out my HP, while with 0 regen, it is getting pretty low sometimes. But from other side - this helps a lot. Energy shield starts recharging few sec after LAST HIT YOU RECEIVED. There is 0 "normal" ES regen within those 2-3 sec (can't remember the flat value). Using this perk, you have "second ES regen mechanic" - normal regen which regenerates creazy amount of ES within sec, but works with mentioned delay, and the "ES regen per second instead of life" - which isn't that creazy, but is always working - it often saved my back, when run out of ES, and had to cast at least one more Arc to leech ES for more.

"
Sarwar94 wrote:
Spoiler
my stats
lvl 76
hp=3.2k
ES= 1.3
mana 31/780
arc does 12.3k dmg
im currently doing only tier1-3 maps. what is the stats i need to ge to t10+ maps?
i want to know how much more hp/es to aim for. i have all the important nodes but sometmes when alot of mobs attac me i run out of ES.

Currently i have lvl 84 or 85
hp= 4.1k
ES= 1k
Mana = around 10/1k
Arc does 12-14k (can't remember, but within this range without flask/ combat buffs, only golem and auras)

There are almost no issues while doing t7 rare maps. Almost without problems (problems are with very mobile bosses, mobes/ masters are done without problems)

@jlh165
You didn't get the question here :) Probably autor was tring to mention his 0,5% dmg leeched as life from one of the ascendances (can't remember the name, the one on the far right in our tree). But still, he was afraid that this "leeched Life" will be transfered into ES - he didn't get the point you've mentioned few sec after - WORDING is crucial in this game :)
Last edited by Zeratul_PL on Mar 15, 2019, 9:28:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info