Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Just out of curiosity; is there any particular reason you didn't take Deep Thoughts? It's super efficient - 20% mana regen rate/20% increased mana for only a 2 point investment. I'm thinking it's something you may have specced into early on and then dropped later based on gear? It's made a huge difference for me at these early levels. I can run HoT and Clarity with zero issues spamming.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
I do have Deep Thoughts specced, but dunno why i left it out the leveling trees since i gotta agree with you, it's really helpful while leveling. I think i'll improve the whole leveling section a bit later.
twitch.tv/enki91
hi and thanx for posting ur build.
i'm playing the new league and decided to take the described build.
so far, i like it, BUT i have an important question:

Your build is pretty much crit based. I have the problem to have not enough crit chance to produce consistant power charges buffing my dmg output. I'm lvl 65 atm, pretty bad geared (hey, its a new league) and here is my equip:

Spoiler

My current crit chance is just 21%, there are situations where i kill an entire mob pack without getting one single power charge.

Any hints what I could do? Even with another 100% crit wand i'd reach something like 25% global crit chance, thats still way too low.
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
Last edited by bersi23 on Mar 28, 2015, 9:57:27 AM
Hey, thanks for your feedback! I've actually thought of and adressed that issue in this mornings update on the build. You're better off just using noncrit until around Lv70-80, where you'll have most/all crit nodes and possibly some good crit gear.

There's two options for you right now - switch PCoC with Life Leech and craft another wand like your Phoenix Gnarl with Catarina, this will give you good enough damage and survivability for the lower map range - or pick up two kris daggers (80% implicit global crit) and try to craft spell damage and spellcrit through alts and Catarina. This will give you a heavy crit boost for the sacrifice of cast speed.
twitch.tv/enki91
Really a big difference for me who used a lowlife 1238761238 aura/purity build before this one, so I am still trying to elaborate and find out how to utilize this build the best with my current gear and stats. I had a level 70 shadow sleeping and with the skill tree reset again, it felt like a good start to try this build out and get a kickstart to begin doing maps directly.

Atm my issue is resists, no doubt. Used to be running with three purity of resist auras on my other char, so I believe I have to invest in some resist gear on this one. Another thing to consider is that I have a slightly low mana pool left after buffing up, but can manage my AA fine etc. When getting a big hit tho, MoM makes me go OOM, so I better have to prioritize getting a few more mana nodes pretty soon.

Gear atm (borrowed from other characters and found in stash);

Please don't bother about some of the gem setups, since I am already easily OOM I just filled some slots with extra gems for leveling purpose only. I have got more high level gems to use later on if feasible, like purity of X, herald of X, reduced mana and enhanced or empower.

Gear I am playing around with and might switch to;

Was thinking the Vertex could allow me to utizile HoL+HoI+Red Mana+PoE but I get oom anyways if trying anything more than 2 heralds and 2 auras atm.

Current tree;
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABUIHHgj0DkgRDxGWE54V5xZAFr8XLx0UJpUo-ilPKjgtHzWSOlg740GHQZZE-0V8RZ1JUUwtTLNQMFNSVUtVxl3yXyph4mNDZAlknWTnZp5qQ2sXcFJw1XOzdFV-M35Zfq9_xoIegseFfYnTiiiMNo0Zj0aP-pUglS6Xl5rgm6Gio6SRpwipbqyYrrO18rc-uJO86sBUwfPQ9di92V_bC9te3YzgEuvu6_Xwa_DV8h331_no-tL-Cg==

A shadow hijacking a witch thread, but I mainly play as a witch tbh ;). Any suggestions for changes?

"
bersi23 wrote:
hi and thanx for posting ur build.
i'm playing the new league and decided to take the described build.
so far, i like it, BUT i have an important question:

Your build is pretty much crit based. I have the problem to have not enough crit chance to produce consistant power charges buffing my dmg output. I'm lvl 65 atm, pretty bad geared (hey, its a new league) and here is my equip:

Spoiler

My current crit chance is just 21%, there are situations where i kill an entire mob pack without getting one single power charge.

Any hints what I could do? Even with another 100% crit wand i'd reach something like 25% global crit chance, thats still way too low.

I'd just look for some daggers. The tree works perfectly well if you use them instead and you can just level as crit following the guide. I do it that way and it's enough crit to keep PCoC rolling in. I don't even use LL in the new league since getting an appropriate 4/5 Link is still both difficult and pricey.

Build still works fine. Although the bloodlines mobs do hit a little harder. I've died more than I thought I would, but most of that is me getting older and slower.
Nachos? Yes.
@boondoxsaints: I'd recommend turn off both heralds for now and use purity of elements, until you got your resistances fixed. The helmet is great, do not switch that one. Try switching boots with Rainbowstride and maybe Soul Loop with a resistance ring for now, and switch your gloves to Malis.
Once you got gg gear you can turn off purity of elements again and use both heralds for maximum damage.

On tree, with the above changes you most likely won't need the +30 Dex node anymore, respec that and the Heart of Thunder cluster for now and take Sovereignty and the 3x Mana+Mana Regen nodes in witch area.
Work towards Elementalist asap, then fill out all nodes the build takes on templar side before speccing back into Heart of Thunder.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Mar 28, 2015, 11:34:42 AM
Haha now that is what I would call dedication, such a fast reply and with good feedback. Not just a build show off, but a build support worth meantioning. Hat off :)
Thanx for your replies. Daggers are suboptimal in my eyes, coz of missing cast speed affix on them...
Plus, prices for daggers with 80+ crit chance and 30+ spell dmg are much higher than for similar wands.

I've solved the problem according to the reply of Enki91.

Next problem: How to deal with strong melee unique mobs, like endboss in Gorge?
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
"
bersi23 wrote:
Thanx for your replies. Daggers are suboptimal in my eyes, coz of missing cast speed affix on them...
Plus, prices for daggers with 80+ crit chance and 30+ spell dmg are much higher than for similar wands.

I've solved the problem according to the reply of Enki91.

Next problem: How to deal with strong melee unique mobs, like endboss in Gorge?

Generally, keep range and pop your Granite flask if those are about to land a hit. It's a bit different for the Gorge boss since he flickers, if you have problems just get a second Granite flask for him - that should be enough.
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info