More Competitive Team PvP focus required!

"
Lordsidro wrote:
2v2 and 3v3 Q!

2v2 queue is needed. It is way easier to fill the queue and opens up the game much more than 1v1 but not as much as 3v3. 2v2 would be really nice events too because they would be so competitive yet unbound by the traditional 1v1 meta with not tooooo many actions going on like 6v6 madness.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Agreed. Way better than 1v1 could ever be.
"
boof wrote:
"

Please listen to me, this will absolutely increase the amount of players taking part in the events

Hahahah Very funny indeed mate :) but your post is not at all constructive to the thread :(.

On Topic : Though i like the suggestions mentioned here, focusing more on 3v3 or 2v2 or team pvp in general wont make any difference with the current meta and especially in permanent leagues.

1st.: The rock-paper-scissor theory about builds is still bullshit, best gear, 95% of the time, means win
2nd.: Even if rock-paper-scissor theory applies (which again i say, it does not, or at least not 100%), 3v3 matches will eventually become two teams with one build from each category each. Or even worse if the current meta stays the same, then every team will have either 2melee + 1ranged or 2ranged +1melee making all the teams similar if not exactly the same.
3rd.: By making pvp more team oriented, you automatically deny solo players the chance to compete (if i remember correctly there where at least 7people -including me- i personally know, yesterday in HC that lost the 6v6 CTF, cause there was no communication) and 7 people in HC is about 20% of the active llders. If those 7 players couldnt communicate in order to join, how do you people, expect random players who want to give a try in pvp, join team events?
4th.: Continuing from the 3rd argument, on one hand you make pvp more competitive (which as most would say -including me - its a good thing since pvp is by nature competitive), and on the other hand, pseudo-elitism will be forced in the pvp scene too, having severe effects in lld. It would be so, i mean SOOOOOO, easy that the two/three first people in the ladder, or the two/three first from a specific event to just team up and then wreck everyone in their way, what chances do the rest have vs teams like that? Isnt the gear difference already big enough and the major factor for pvp matches, do you people want that 100exalted total gear teams face 5exalt teams?
5th.: Have in mind that (and i know from alpha too), people were far more excited for 1v1 matches, and even after seeing the events table nobody said a single word about it. After a week or so of bad results and disqualifications everybody remembered that suddenly 1v1 is not balanced and that we should lean towards team pvp, because it will be more balanced or it will attract more people, or it will be more fun. You know what? It WONT attract more people it will actually drive away about 40-50% of the current enthousiasts (in both leagues), it WONT be more balanced (read points 1-4), and as for fun, if you are indeed believe its more fun to play team matches in pvp then why dont you play 3v3 by queuing? Heh? Excactly, because the rewards are actually what bothers the most of you and how to get them

If you all could put your ego aside you could see that balance in poe's pvp cant be achieved. There are three things that decide the outcome of a fight (and correct me if im wrong) in the current state of pvp.
First and more important of them is gear/gems, second is the class and its position in the tree, and last as well as least influential the player's skill. How exactly do you expect pvp to be more balanced if it leans towards team fights? Things will be exactly as now, teams who have the right characters with the most expensive/rare gear will again dominate the scene. Simple as that. So unless GGG decides to put a limit in currency/gear/gems used and seriously rework the tree then dont expect the lld scene to change.

So let this season end, and expect a better future for pvp in the new leagues were things will be more fair for everybody.

Edit: Sorry for the long and somewhat harsh post
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last edited by Regulator on Dec 27, 2014, 1:39:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info