PVP Events NON-RESTRICTED to Parents League

Well the title says it all. Or at least the gist of it.

Is there any specific reason why I can't participate in PVP events this season with my characters from bloodlines? What about all the players who do not play the parent leagues, and don't really want to invest in a character sitting in a league they won't touch otherwise?

I'm not even asking for Bloodlines/Torment PVP events, but I really don't understand what stops my PVP-only bloodline character to enter these events.

Considering PVP is the major aspect of this content update, I find it utterly frustrating not being able to take part in it from a fresh league. Whilst this never mattered for race events because they were always starting from nothing, it should matter to people who play exclusively fresh leagues and still want to partcipate in pvp events because there is no starting from scrap concept, but on the contrary preparation and investment involved in pvp.

I'd also add that in itself, these events seem like one of the best way to actually get some pvp gameplay going as the queues are currently long and the players scarce. Restricting these major events to parent leagues only makes it harder to get some pvp gameplay going in fresh leagues.

I was truly looking forward to the great pvpness of this patch, so I'd like to know if there are plans in the future to allow players in the new leagues to also participate in pvp.
Last edited by ArturoBandini on Dec 20, 2014, 10:59:35 AM
+1
Yeah i agree to this, with the pvp being such a massive focus for this patch, it just seems dumb.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1116491

"
What about Challenge Leagues?
Season Two takes place in the Torment and Bloodlines challenge leagues!

So make sure you have your LLD character ready by january 17th. In the meantime you can play in the std/hc pvp season 1.
20 degrees outside but toasty in the tunnel
"
ishville wrote:
So make sure you have your LLD character ready by january 17th.

I'm so screwed
"
ArturoBandini wrote:
Well the title says it all. Or at least the gist of it.

Is there any specific reason why I can't participate in PVP events this season with my characters from bloodlines? What about all the players who do not play the parent leagues, and don't really want to invest in a character sitting in a league they won't touch otherwise?

I'm not even asking for Bloodlines/Torment PVP events, but I really don't understand what stops my PVP-only bloodline character to enter these events.

Considering PVP is the major aspect of this content update, I find it utterly frustrating not being able to take part in it from a fresh league. Whilst this never mattered for race events because they were always starting from nothing, it should matter to people who play exclusively fresh leagues and still want to partcipate in pvp events because there is no starting from scrap concept, but on the contrary preparation and investment involved in pvp.

I'd also add that in itself, these events seem like one of the best way to actually get some pvp gameplay going as the queues are currently long and the players scarce. Restricting these major events to parent leagues only makes it harder to get some pvp gameplay going in fresh leagues.

I was truly looking forward to the great pvpness of this patch, so I'd like to know if there are plans in the future to allow players in the new leagues to also participate in pvp.
Cant agree more , ggg got tricked by there alpha testers that the leagues be like they are now there should NOT be league only events it should be all 4 leagues can do the tourney , less q times , more matches , more fun , more builds , mores strategys , less qq and easier access. About legacy uniques in LLD there are builds that dont need them and it cant be that hard to just make them not work in pvp or atleast change them in sc and hc aswell nobody cares anyways they are lvl 28 items lol in pvp the HC mentality doesnt exist you CANNOT die its literally 1:1 the same thing in sc just that the gear got acquired maybe "on a harder way" but gear shouldnt be the focus in a pvp szenario anyways

GGG its not to late to save us do it fast befor everbody leaves/dropps there hopes in pvp in path of exile dont make it like d3 did and wait to long
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
Last edited by Fyndel on Dec 20, 2014, 2:26:57 PM
"
ishville wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1116491

"
What about Challenge Leagues?
Season Two takes place in the Torment and Bloodlines challenge leagues!

So make sure you have your LLD character ready by january 17th. In the meantime you can play in the std/hc pvp season 1.

So instead of letting me play (torment does not count since no one plays) pvp, I must make time to make a standard pvp char, which takes away time to build my character for the actual Torment pvp season? That advice is like twice removed from helping the situation.
I'm really interested in getting involved in PvP but don't want to deal with digging up gear in HC/Standard to outfit my guy. I really want to take advantage of crafting with Leo but, again, don't want to spend my time in the permanent leagues trying to level him when I could be doing it with the gear and currency I have in the challenge leagues.

While we're at it, I'd love to see them remove the PvP event separation between Standard and HC. If items for a build are cheaper in HC, then people can go and invest time in getting it in HC. Otherwise they can pay more for it in Standard. I don't think the league-specific uniques are enough justification to keep them separated. (Bloodlines uniques can always be moved to Standard easily)
I agree,players from the HC and SC temp. league should be able to compete and have fun with their characters I feel as well. Maybe this is something we can see in the future
+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info