Maloney's Nightfall - RIP

"
CookieVortex wrote:
...I only don't like it's base, stunning is not what bow users like. Adding physical damage type quiver would be much better imo. It could have higher chance to drop smoke (10% kinda low), especially because we have smoke mine.

IMO the ranged stun mechanic is a highly under-utilised mechanic. Not only for solo play, but importantly for groups as well, as an alternative CC to Freeze/Chilled and less annoying than knockback (although it is still desyncy). Plus the stun base fits in theme of being suprised/stunned from a threat lying in the shadows.

There will no doubt plenty of other quivers will be derived from the PD bases. Plus if this quiver used the PD I am sure GGG would have removed the "xx-yy added physical damage" mod as testing already suggested they couldn't increase that number further.

The % to create a smoke cloud was higher, but was too strong and hence the reduction to 10%. The quiver isn't a pure offensive quiver, but a combination of both offence and defence. Most rangers should be trying to evade hits anyway, but if u do get hit there is a layer of defence there. Also there might be other avenues to obtain blind in the future and any party members that blind mobs will help your DPS.

Finally, AFAIK quivers can be used with Facebreakers, so the item might be a consideration for those builds that are in amongst the action and being constantly hit.

Thanks for your feedback CookieVortex it is appreciated. :)

Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Thanks for illuminating the creation process and background of your item. This is the sort of thing that makes an item unique and not just a collection of interesting stats.

I can understand GGG's desire to keep build options open, but I think discouraging poison arrow bow builds so that poison arrow totem/trap builds can be appealing isn't the right direction to take. PA really needs some end game love.

I really like that you honored your grandpa with the design. He must have been an amazing person, and I would think he would be pleased to see your expression of love and pride for him.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Good read, and great job!
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Thanks, was interesting to read. Good job on the unique!
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on Dec 20, 2014, 12:05:09 AM
I would def use that quiver on my pb chin sol build in blood lines. since i have to be in melee range to deal dmg i get hit a lot anf this quiver provides free blind fields and nice dmg to those i would be hitting.

def bis quiver for pb builds using roa
Very nice looking unique. I am guessing that the increased damage against blinded enemies is a global boost? Meaning it would work with facebreaker builds? Im thinking of cyclone + blind gem combo would work nice to take advantage of that damage boost, as well as adding a defensive layer by blinding them.
s
You folks did a wonderful job on this. There is a contingent that want BIS uniques of course, but you made an objectively good, build enabling, different item. People will come around to stunning arrows someday too. Also seems good for point blank.

Only drillneck is better really so people should be pleased to have one.
Nice read.
Its nice that you honor your family+crest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
EDIT: added thanks to my Wife... yep, she read it and it was the 1st thing she pointed out... whoops.

Thank you all for the comments.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
I really wanted to love this item, but the 10% chance to drop smoke cloud on hit is just too small. I think your original 50% chance would have been lowered to something like 30%, but 10% is just not practical - most people would rather just use a rare quiver or a different unique.

Gotta love GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info