US01-02-HC FFA Arena

The queue for this tournament can be found in the "Events" tab of the "Events and PvP" panel. This can be accessed in-game through the menu button, or by pressing B (by default). You must queue for this tournament in order to participate in it. You can enter this type of tournament late if needed.

You must be on the following league/gateway to participate in this tournament:

League: Hardcore
Gateway: America

PvP-only characters can be used for this tournament.
Instructions on how to create preconstructed PvP-only characters can be found here.

This is a low-level event. It is restricted to level 28 characters who have not yet completed Normal difficulty.

This is a Free-For-All event
FFA Arena tournaments are free-for-all events where you want to kill as many players as possible within the time limit. More information on how this format works can be found in the PvP rules.

Each kill is worth 1 point.

The top 20 players by points will receive:
  • #1 Overall: Talisman of the Victor (Unique Jet Amulet) and 10 Reward Points.
  • #2 Overall: 6 Reward Points.
  • #3 Overall: 5 Reward Points.
  • #4 Overall: 4 Reward Points.
  • #5 Overall: 3 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 Overall: 2 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 Overall: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific point tiers:
  • 125 Points: 15 Reward Points.
  • 75-124 Points: 12 Reward Points.
  • 40-74 Points: 10 Reward Points.
  • 25-39 Points: 7 Reward Points.
  • 15-24 Points: 5 Reward Points.
  • 5-14 Points: 3 Reward Points.
  • 3-4 Points: 2 Reward Points.
  • 1-2 Point: 1 Reward Point.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
If you thought last round was bad with cast on death. You'd be wrong.
IGN - WazaBaza
"
Wazabaza wrote:
If you thought last round was bad with cast on death. You'd be wrong.

Yeah, that was amazing.
Ban Cast on Death.

I made my char 1h ago and ruled the battleground with the other CoD players.
Nothing wrong with cast on death existing, it just shouldn't one shot people. They need to change the PvP coefficient so that even if you link 3-4 things with cast on death it does maybe ~50% of someones health at most. And that's if you build a character totally around it. It just makes absolutely no sense that you would walk into a gladiator's arena for pvp and plan to kill yourself thematically, and its broken from a mechanics and gameplay standpoint.

Edit: thought about it some more - maybe it should be removed. Idk about others, but I have a lot of open sockets on my gear still. After seeing this, there's no reason NOT to run COD - even if it's not your main skill. If it's going to be that much of a no-brainer that 100% of people should run it, it might as well not be in the game.
Last edited by innervation on Dec 20, 2014, 7:31:45 PM
"
KenshiD wrote:
Ban Cast on Death.

I made my char 1h ago and ruled the battleground with the other CoD players.

pretty much this
I quickly threw a character together for this....
Wow I got [Removed by Support]. How the hell do people do so much dmg so quickly.... Especially the casters. I only managed a few kills. Maybe I'll do better with the bloodline pvp without all the legacy items and completely twinked characters.
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
Last edited by MikeP_GGG on Dec 20, 2014, 7:05:35 PM
- Well i thought i would be crushed and that's definitely what happened.
I tried a pre-made char and it seems you don't stand a chance.
Did someone use a pre made char and managed to do well ? or at least have fun ?

- I don't understand the constant arena changing ' to balance the number ...'
If it was happening after dying, why not. But you're in a fight and -BAM- you re teleported in another arena. So you enter a new arena with almost no life left sometimes. Is it the intended behaviour ?

- Also why the ladder appears randomly in the middle of the screen ?
Sometimes it goes away by itself after 1-2 seconds, sometimes you have to close it manually.

I loved the Blitz test event but i think i won't waste any more time on FFA Arena if it's how it supposed to be. Even if i had a better char.
"
innervation wrote:
Nothing wrong with cast on death existing, it just shouldn't one shot people. They need to change the PvP coefficient so that even if you link 3-4 things with cast on death it does maybe ~50% of someones health at most. And that's if you build a character totally around it. It just makes absolutely no sense that you would walk into a gladiator's arena for pvp and plan to kill yourself thematically, and its broken from a mechanics and gameplay standpoint.

Edit: thought about it some more - maybe it should be removed. Idk about others, but I have a lot of open sockets on my gear still. After seeing this, there's no reason NOT to run COD - even if it's not your main skill. If it's going to be that much of a no-brainer that 100% of people should run it, it might as well not be in the game.

Nah it should kill people, or else it would be pointless. However, it should not be able to be used in FFA where kills count most.

In team play it would be nice if one is CoD.
yeah cast on death was super op, 1 shots 4 ppl no problem at full health. It should have its damage effectiveness change. So that when you explode it is utilized on as a finisher from somebdoy say at like 25% hp. Wasn't very fun when there are so many kamikaze CoDers running around blowing up portions of the map.
8/8 Overachiever
http://twitch.tv/hegemonyTV
http://www.youtube.com/user/hegemonypoe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info