Game Server IP Address.

Is there an IP address I can ping to look for things like packet loss?
I keep getting lag spikes while playing, but my internet seems fine outside of game.
I'm able to stream HD video, hold conversations over skype etc.
No one else seemed to be having connection issues when I asked so I'm guessing it's a personal problem, but I can't figure out why only the game would lag.
i'd like to know too.
You can ctrl + alt + del for task manager and find the PID of the client, then check that against the netstat line command, to see what IP it's connected on. If you're on a windows box, anyway.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
b15h09 wrote:
You can ctrl + alt + del for task manager and find the PID of the client, then check that against the netstat line command, to see what IP it's connected on. If you're on a windows box, anyway.

I would think if he was a linux user, chances are he wouldn't need to ask :P
"
Rory wrote:
You can find the full WinMTR steps for checking the cause of connection problems here:

"
Thomas wrote:
Could I get you both to send me some MTR output? Preferably taken while you're experiencing problems in game.

You can download WinMTR from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/files/

To use it just run the appropriate exe (32 bit or 64 bit), enter the hostname in the "Host" box, and click start.

Once the "Sent" column shows at least 50 click "Copy Text to clipboard", and paste the results into an email to support@grindinggear.com (you can then just close WinMTR).

- Edit
I would like you to get output for the game server you are currently connnected to. To get the server's IP, go to the folder you installed PoE in and open the "logs" subfolder, then open the "Client.txt" file. The file will probably be quite large, but scroll to the bottom and find the last occurance of this line:

2012/03/27 10:33:25 3917590 50 [INFO Client 3768] Connecting to instance server at 127.0.0.1:12345

In this example the server is 127.0.0.1 (do NOT test with that IP though, it's just an example). Use the IP you find there
in WinMTR in the "Host" box.
- End edit

Thanks if you're able to do this, if you have any problems with it let me know.

The important part is:

"To get the server's IP, go to the folder you installed PoE in and open the "logs" subfolder, then open the "Client.txt" file. The file will probably be quite large, but scroll to the bottom and find the last occurance of this line:

2012/03/27 10:33:25 3917590 50 [INFO Client 3768] Connecting to instance server at 127.0.0.1:12345

In this example the server is 127.0.0.1 (do NOT test with that IP though, it's just an example). Use the IP you find there"
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
Last edited by ropumar on Aug 13, 2013, 7:23:16 PM
"
ropumar wrote:
"
Rory wrote:
You can find the full WinMTR steps for checking the cause of connection problems here:

"
Thomas wrote:
Could I get you both to send me some MTR output? Preferably taken while you're experiencing problems in game.

You can download WinMTR from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/files/

To use it just run the appropriate exe (32 bit or 64 bit), enter the hostname in the "Host" box, and click start.

Once the "Sent" column shows at least 50 click "Copy Text to clipboard", and paste the results into an email to support@grindinggear.com (you can then just close WinMTR).

- Edit
I would like you to get output for the game server you are currently connnected to. To get the server's IP, go to the folder you installed PoE in and open the "logs" subfolder, then open the "Client.txt" file. The file will probably be quite large, but scroll to the bottom and find the last occurance of this line:

In this example the server is 127.0.0.1 (do NOT test with that IP though, it's just an example). Use the IP you find there
in WinMTR in the "Host" box.
- End edit

Thanks if you're able to do this, if you have any problems with it let me know.

The important part is:

"To get the server's IP, go to the folder you installed PoE in and open the "logs" subfolder, then open the "Client.txt" file. The file will probably be quite large, but scroll to the bottom and find the last occurance of this line:

In this example the server is 127.0.0.1 (do NOT test with that IP though, it's just an example). Use the IP you find there"

Thank you for posting this :)

If you suspect there to be an issue with your connection to our servers, please run a trace route to the server IP using the above instructions and then email us the details to support@grindinggear.com or make a new thread in this section and we'll be able to help you diagnose the issue further.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info