I Quit PVP in this Patch 1.3

After trying the new patch and tree, I decided to quit PVP and Sarn Arena.

Reasons:

1. There is no tactics anymore in PVP, even passive tree can't help. You need more damage and more life/ES defense rather than life or ES are worthless.

2. Acrobatics nerf was good but no idea why block reduction now reduces dodge, GGG should make new gem with that effect rather than combining both block/ dodge reduction !! so players have to chose what gem should they take

3. GGG increase the elemental damage in the passive tree, thats great but they forget to nerf the lighe/fire/cold penetration gems. no need to use curses to penetrate 40+% res ?

4. Huge nerf to defense tactics (block,Dodge,Armour/Resistance) offering no alternatives resulting in the same problem before the patch 1 shoot for the higher gears :)

5. I am wondering why spells getting 100% chance to hit while they can crit and have high damage when investing (why not adding new mechanic called FOCUS which increase the chances of hitting by spell by intelligent and dexterity or simple taking new passive works like Resolute Technique where you hit by spell but has no cit (since there is great chances to shock, freeze & ignite) in the passive tree.

6. Energy Field there should a mechanic that reduces physical damage for caster depends in the intelligent stats give a percentage of physical reduction.

A little Hint if you are poor guy and like pvp in this game for the new patch 1.3

Use Mine Gem (quality is preferred), Arc Gem, Light Pen gem, Block Reduction Gem for 5L add lightning damage, 6L (what ever that increase your dmg)

Note take all Mines nodes possible (Clever Construction is a must) + get the more life/ES Possible and Enjoy !!! :)

Regards,
QQ thread, private account hmmm...
You made some valid points, that stand for HLD which I will be talking about too. For LLD these points do not stand completely.

1h melee user is at a very bad place atm, since it was nerfed from too many corners:
-reduced overall block on tree
-reduced block values on shields
-penalty 0.7 block with acro
-BCR penetrates dodge
-reduced eva values on shields

just adding the 0.7 block penalty on acro and a new acro pen gem would have been enough but like this 1h/shield user has nothing to seek in HLD since at the most he can have 6k ish life which is far too little when everyone is running around with 10k+ ES.

It seems that in this patch ES >>> life, since 10k es values can be obtained relatively easy with various gear while 10k life can be obtained only with leg kaom which is used only by bow and 2h users. Reducing the chest option in the top HLD life build bracket to just one chest is bad design from my perspective.

This patch has also deepened the ranged >>>> melee problem and I am pretty sure that in the top 10 elo ranked HLD players there will hardly be any melee. This season will be dominated by spell and an occasional bow user (EA included)
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Dodge was the only defense for Evasion build neglecting block against RT or Casters and they just killed it

PVP for HLD depends only in ES/Life Pool // more damage

The one who is complaining about my private account can you just focus in the posted points :) ?

Missuse knows who am I :p
Last edited by alshabibi7 on Dec 14, 2014, 3:50:23 AM
So do Iyou used to love my tempest
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
3. GGG increase the elemental damage in the passive tree, thats great but they forget to nerf the lighe/fire/cold penetration gems. no need to use curses to penetrate 40+% res ?

Penetration gems reducing max cap was wrong from day 1. They should be nerfed to either reduce less max (-15% max would be a good start) or just reduce resistance themselves (at current -max rate of 34-35%). Forcing people to use frostbite and other curses to reduce resistance further or cleverly use elemental equilibrium. Right now casters can use assassins mark or any curse they deem fit for the job while still raping your resistances. I've never seen a game where casters thought it was cool to just stand there tanking ppl like their shit. GGG you let some of the worst possible candidates into alpha to balance this game, you need to look at this aspect of things closely. You shouldn't have to face spells at 35% max cap...the same spells that are paired to casters that have tempest shield that insta shocks you, can crit and kills ppl all day. Molten shell that kills you in 1 hit still and their main spell that kills you in 1-2hits + cwdt set ups doing as much damage. If we weren't sitting at half our max effective resistance cap all the time I bet shit wouldn't be an issue.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:

Penetration gems reducing max cap was wrong from day 1. They should be nerfed to either reduce less max (-15% max would be a good start) or just reduce resistance themselves (at current -max rate of 34-35%). Forcing people to use frostbite and other curses to reduce resistance further or cleverly use elemental equilibrium. Right now casters can use assassins mark or any curse they deem fit for the job while still raping your resistances. I've never seen a game where casters thought it was cool to just stand there tanking ppl like their shit. GGG you let some of the worst possible candidates into alpha to balance this game, you need to look at this aspect of things closely. You shouldn't have to face spells at 35% max cap...the same spells that are paired to casters that have tempest shield that insta shocks you, can crit and kills ppl all day. Molten shell that kills you in 1 hit still and their main spell that kills you in 1-2hits + cwdt set ups doing as much damage. If we weren't sitting at half our max effective resistance cap all the time I bet shit wouldn't be an issue.

pls you never played a caster, dont talk

Spoiler
get it
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Dec 14, 2014, 9:26:32 AM
Meanwhile, EA tank are just standing next to walls shooting arrows all day long, brilliant strategy.
"
IceDeal wrote:
Meanwhile, EA tank are just standing next to walls shooting arrows all day long, brilliant strategy.

I wanted to add to my original post that a change to penetration gems would also knock EA down a few pegs. It would probably not even need a numerical nerf at all, I think just having more max resistance is enough to level out the current cluster fuck we have.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
IceDeal wrote:

Top ranks on EU and US right now is EA. If you look at ele damage algorithm EA is in a good spot. The (T) they use in their equation is the time of skill. EA takes a while to detonate... so multiplier at the end becomes significant.
IGN:LeoNemaeus/ GroundSlamHero

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info