US-STD 1v1 Open (Season 1)

This thread is for discussion of this PvP Rating ladder. Note that the ratings are reset each PvP season.

To enter this ladder, connect to the American gateway and press "B" to bring up the Events/PvP panel.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Qarl on Feb 11, 2015, 8:32:46 PM
Yup it's official PvP in PoE is bad:

1. 10+ minute ques for 1v1 in the highest populated league = bad.
2. You win and get 0 Points = bad.
3. Desync in a PvP environment = bad.

How to improve PvP in PoE?

1. Fix Desync

Use standard netcode already!! Seriously you were worried about people duping but still after years of desync there has still been dupe/rollback methods and I've seen several over the past years. Why then are you still hesitating to implement standard netcode?

2. Fix Drops

PvP in PoE is nothing more than a gear check. This is normally ok in other ARPG (D2) because gear isn't so gated by multiple layers of WTF RNG like it is in PoE. If you want to PvP in (D2) you can gear your character pretty easily and still be competitive. (Hoto,Enigma,Shako,Spider, etc.)

To fix this problem in PoE you would have to do one of the following:

1. Have loots tables for unique bosses like in D2
2. Introduce a vendor for PvP gear
3. Increase drop rates for those high gated uniques in order to make it easier for new players to PvP.

However none of these will ever happen so PvP will continue to fail. Not because of the desync like everyone thought, but because the poor design/balance choices you guys have taken. After all economy is the most "important" thing in PoE right?

3. Fix PvP Balance

You have admitted that this game is influenced by the Diablo Series many times and say that you have enjoyed PvP in Diablo etc. However the PvP in Diablo 2 is much different than it is here. Block, Damage Calculations etc. You have missed a few major points that Diablo 2 had for balancing PvP which I can explain in more detail via pm.

Is it too late?
Spoiler

IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Dec 31, 2014, 12:26:44 AM
is only 104ish good enough
impossible to grind after 2200 you get 2 points per win or 0 and everbody got you added and q dodges you , while you sleep they play and same shit everday
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
^ Have you tried being more respectful to your opponents when you play? Constantly telling people they are "a waste of your time" and asking them to leave the match isn't a good way to make friends to play with especially when they're just trying to find a way to deal with a build you yourself have called op.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
This is highly successful. Yesterday after being matched against the same person over and over, I quit in frustration. This morning, I decided to play again and was matched against the same person 6 times in a row. It was mutually decided for one of us to stop queuing until the game matched one of us with someone else. When the other player was matched, I queued up and waited. I waited and waited. A few minutes later I was matched: it was the same person again. Their match ended, and when they requeued it put us together again.

Great success.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
The fact that people can whirl/leap/warp dodge you and you lose points is retarded, people are making troll builds just for this purpose...

It should be no change whatsoever if its a 0/0 draw, or take into account who did the most damage to the other person
"
DutchRudder wrote:
The fact that people can whirl/leap/warp dodge you and you lose points is retarded, people are making troll builds just for this purpose...

It should be no change whatsoever if its a 0/0 draw, or take into account who did the most damage to the other person
100% agree HLD is retarded atm people do there trolls builds and jump away or have 30k es with like 3k es reg per sec or some bs i hope they change that soon
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
Greetings!

I too dislike the guys who run away and refuse to fight.

But, in regards to your comment, my build is one of those high es/regen/cwdt. It was how I built my character for PvE. I have only made a couple minor changes which are specific for PvP.

Edit: The original idea was to be a pain for the Hall Of Grandmasters. And I found I just enjoyed the heavy tank style.

Edit2: List Of Trolls... ( I will update this as I encounter them )
- Margaeux_Thatcher - Refused to fight, ran around and away... Said he used to gain points from a draw... This guy tries to draw...
- Blade_Prime - Refused to fight, ran around and away...
- ThoseOnceLoyal - Runs around after he gets a win... refusing to fight...
- Margaeux_Thatcher - Wins 1 round then refuses to fight... run away...
- Fumigation - Runs around... refuse to fight
- vaskbp - deaththroow - Refuses to fight, runs away saying it will be a long 7 rounds...

~DyNess
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Last edited by DyNess on Jan 30, 2015, 12:09:32 PM
:(
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Dec 28, 2014, 7:32:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info