(1.3) WoE + BoR Dual Strike Block Duelist (HC)

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR2bLYTZR369NmVNvqdjcGBBh2qplJBsqSdhIYTvBS1673TtYEt4Db6KAdzYvTWStfKpbqZXTeP-j18_wQR5aAth7w4UIFBH5FE5DgmWl3nrCYVSz36tjdlhdqz3MuoYfNkhYNP8CVjbp8GL_MVW-hjbdPFKfeOfh3ZnoKOK7g5NkiP2jX3vetN-7-MDhxut_rp9dQBeGY7tgwgutMXC7AW1jb9RRzB8YqydqmyMXovd54O9XhNAoBR1k_zrjs_p0NBHBtvnLggV7Irw6UbKkA==

201% Life (could get more)

~60% block with WoE, BoR and anvil

~350% increased phys dmg (possibility for more)

57% increased attack speed

Any thoughts or optimizations welcome.

Last edited by ShiftyGuy on Dec 11, 2014, 1:05:19 PM
WTF
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
"
hellzer wrote:
WTF

Err, thanks?
I'd rather drop the block nodes and go for endurance charges, %90 increased skill effect duration + Imortal Call to deal with physical damage. WoE + BoR was so powerful becasue of the high spell block. Physical damage was never a big deal. You rather need to find a new way to deal with elemental damage.
I guess you could use Stone of Lazhwar instead of Anvil to get ~40% spell block if you wanted more elemental protection.

Either way it's only 10 more points to get all the endurance charge nodes, so you could get both block and charges anyway on a high enough level char.
Last edited by ShiftyGuy on Dec 11, 2014, 3:42:18 PM
I'd definetly pick Stone of Lazwhar over The Anvil. I'd also equip Rainbowstrides to get a full 100% Block Chance applied to Spells resulting in 61% Chance to Block (Spells) if I'm not mistaken. That seems to be pretty viable if you ask me.

However, I feel that there are some changes coming to items that deliver (Spell-)Block.

EDIT:
"

--> The Bringer of Rain: Chance to block has been reduced from 15% to 6%. The chance to gain an endurance charge when you block has been increased from 10% to 20%.
--> Wings of Entropy: Chance to block has been reduced from 15% to 8%.

Here we go, this pretty much kills your build.
Last edited by kahzin on Dec 12, 2014, 8:56:07 AM
-
"
kahzin wrote:
I'd definetly pick Stone of Lazwhar over The Anvil. I'd also equip Rainbowstrides to get a full 100% Block Chance applied to Spells resulting in 61% Chance to Block (Spells) if I'm not mistaken. That seems to be pretty viable if you ask me.

However, I feel that there are some changes coming to items that deliver (Spell-)Block.

EDIT:
"

--> The Bringer of Rain: Chance to block has been reduced from 15% to 6%. The chance to gain an endurance charge when you block has been increased from 10% to 20%.

This does not affect existing versions. My WOE is still intact.
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR3pRorwFezEgsqQhNm9Nkd-ZU2-p2NwYEGHaqmUEdVXl7_VQzFEnlO7IWCwc9P8CVjbp8GLOu0174FBXhNAoCcgiiIs-yFVwKYHddw9YVLvTjpShmAYkbyfFHEOPIIH2XzqGPjrfNn3MhNMJvgX4U4ywaNZ_jB34mFkUs9-dqytjTkO6wmFUtlh5FGXeQmWFCDvDlBHXz8aPvIvjM_2SMbYWGM9_NaKfyt311b6FHUY23TxKjipbngNWK826DIJcmxsRrXyMZ6mV03j_o81kkrIbqrYvTB8TZIj9o19BS1gS3rvdO38SxRN8kGFMg==

Run Grace & determination, and Granite Flasks

This should get you really good results with a WoE/BoR
Min/Maxed balance between armor/eva/life/damage

I don't like the heavy focus just to get block nodes in your tree, its not worth. Vaal pact + 24% life leech (carnage heart + blood rage) is more than enough to survive. Don't need anvil. People are really too obsessed with block.

Also you didn't take ondar's guile which makes you practically projectile (attack) immune.

In my build I go for mind over matter because it is a pseudo greater life node, with a little mana leech u gain even more effective damage mitigation.

This build makes you really tanky without having to sacrifice damage.

the 7L helm should be Dual Strike - BM - FA - Mutistrike - Blind - Melee Splash - Melee Phys
4L gloves/boots - IC - Increase Duration - End Cry - CWDT
4L gloves/boots - Enhance - Blood Rage - Temp Chains - CWDT
3L (On WoE) - Reduced Mana - Grace + Determination, the other 3L on woe - use counterattack gem + melee Phys damage

counter attack gems with vaal pact provides instant healing when hit. On my 2h leap slammer I can literaly run around with an unlinked vengence and sustain myself with it while killing mobs >..> it is very useful.
"
kahzin wrote:

EDIT:
"

Yeah, I would not really recommend doing this build now without legacy items.

@SIQI I really don't see the advantage of the path you took. You may be right that ondor's guile and vaal pact are the way to go, but I could add them for 3 points and still have 10 points spare compared to your build, which I could use for either more health, eva / ar or more dps. The only advantage your build seems to have is higher DPS, which I feel is unnecessary after a certain point in hardcore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info