PvP doesn't look THAT bad, right?

"
The level 28 PvP-only character templates that you can create once you've met Leo now have the option of starting with a developer-designed passive tree and set of magic items that can't be traded, modified or removed from the character.

It doesn't look that bad. I like the fact that it is casual and launched from hideout. That I don't have to build much or collect a lot of items for it.

I have some doubts though:

1. What are the rewards of it? What's the exalt per hour ratio of PvP? The ex to buy shavs won't earn itself, if you aren't making good money in PvP - then PvP is a waste of time, really. At the end you are piss poor PvP enthusiast, while others are launching ahead of you in capital and items for regular PvE gameplay.

2. "Magic items" you mean blue? - I expect people who roll godly lvl 28 items with their thousands of botter/RMT exalteds/eternals (just to recall that recent mirror dagger thread) will just one shot everyone wearing those "magic items" of yours, regardless of their build. Going to the arena to be bullied by dickheads is something people might do a couple times - but not a couple hundred times?

3. Can you even attempt reconcile the casual and the pro crowds? If I want to fight with blue/predesigned characters, I don't want to stand against unique/minmaxed chars of others. And if I have a minmax char of my own, I might not find opponents to fight against for a long time if blue/predesigned people are avoiding fighting me knowing they are bound to lose? There seems to be an inherent division of the PvP community built into this system...
Last edited by delray on Dec 11, 2014, 4:42:29 AM
thread started good but went to pure BS again at point 1 + 2.

agree on the 3rd point however, they could probably make a characterrating as in offensives + defensives = ??? and put some brackets. isnt that much needed tho, as the skillcap and buildchoice should be superior to minor gear differences. (minor doesnt mean blues against uniques)
you for real?

If you are afraid of losing then don't ever start pvp. The reward of pvp right now is fun and alt art items and "demis" from the races.

Also go read the stickied beginners guide in pvp feedback so you answer 90% of your question.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
delray wrote:

1. What are the rewards of it? What's the exalt per hour ratio of PvP? The ex to buy shavs won't earn itself, if you aren't making good money in PvP - then PvP is a waste of time, really. At the end you are piss poor PvP enthusiast, while others are launching ahead of you in capital and items for regular PvE gameplay.

Some people are greedy and only think about $$$, others see extracurricular activities and competition as a reward in themselves. Alt art and demis are the trophys for the trophy racks.

Ever heard of Path of Exile Racing? It's similar in this respect.

It may be shocking to believe this, but some people do things that they enjoy without expecting to get paid a ton of money.

"
delray wrote:

2. "Magic items" you mean blue? - I expect people who roll godly lvl 28 items with their thousands of botter/RMT exalteds/eternals (just to recall that recent mirror dagger thread) will just one shot everyone wearing those "magic items" of yours, regardless of their build. Going to the arena to be bullied by dickheads is something people might do a couple times - but not a couple hundred times?

you'll find that the top L28 pvpers won't be those covered in thousands of exalts, or those that bot/rmt, but you will cry and cry and cry and lead yourself to believe that anyways so I guess it's not even worth it to inform you on that point

"
delray wrote:

3. Can you even attempt reconcile the casual and the pro crowds? If I want to fight with blue/predesigned characters, I don't want to stand against unique/minmaxed chars of others. And if I have a minmax char of my own, I might not find opponents to fight against for a long time if blue/predesigned people are avoiding fighting me knowing they are bound to lose? There seems to be an inherent division of the PvP community built into this system...

Yes, this is true, I guess they could allow the blue/predesigned characters to play WITHOUT REWARDS because they are technically noncompetitive if they don't compete against everyone else.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Dec 11, 2014, 7:34:10 AM
btw for those afraid that they will get owned 24/7 by the well geared pvpers

"
Chris wrote:
In addition to adding Tournament Seasons, we've overhauled the existing matchmaking queues. They now track player PvP Ratings on a per-character basis and apply matchmaking based on this rating.

These ratings start at 800 and increase/decrease based on your win record and the quality of opponents you face. Beating a better opponent is worth more rating than beating a worse opponent.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
delray wrote:
"
The level 28 PvP-only character templates that you can create once you've met Leo now have the option of starting with a developer-designed passive tree and set of magic items that can't be traded, modified or removed from the character.

It doesn't look that bad. I like the fact that it is casual and launched from hideout. That I don't have to build much or collect a lot of items for it.

I have some doubts though:

No rewards, we'll be getting demis and season rewards similar to racing when the pvp season hits, but other than that nothing. You don't make ex out of pvp-ing lol

"

It doesn't take thousands of exalts in LLD, only 5-8ex can get you a full competitive build.

"

It doesn't take a lot of time and currency to get into "pro" lld pvp, and not as big of a division as you might think. There are some recognized names that are the top of their respective builds, but even a casual can have lots of fun. (just don't expect to win if you really are casual)
Alt art stuff typically can sell for exalts ~6 months after its complete granted the lower tier stuff probably won't. PvP much like races are designed to encourage players to play the game in another way, rather then the typical grind, if it's not your thing that is fine too.

@a222 i'd like to know where that number came from, for example i've been going thru the list of lld gear and some pieces are 1-2ex while others don't cost more then an alch.

PvP is just fun, this isn't LoL or Dota 2 where your mmr is everything.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
delray wrote:
if you aren't making good money in PvP - then PvP is a waste of time, really.

I stopped caring what you had to say right here.

I'll be playing PVP to have fun, the most important thing to me when playing a game.
"
goetzjam wrote:
@a222 i'd like to know where that number came from, for example i've been going thru the list of lld gear and some pieces are 1-2ex while others don't cost more then an alch.

If anyone would like the explanation pm'd to them, tell me and I'll copy paste it.
Please hold all QQing till a later date(after the patch and season). Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info