What will you play on level 28?

Right, right. I rushed to have the first thread and now I'm going to write a proper thread.

I'm sure you have heard of low level only tournaments by now. Well, there are quite a few reasons to start planning a build.

In before someone says, CI is non-viable and Low-Life is very difficult.

I'll go summoner as in the old times; little health, every single summoner gear I can hog up and zombies on the helmet.

Oh, and just in case some Master PvP player stumbles upon here, any tips?

PS!
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage
Last edited by Voidin_Blitz on Dec 10, 2014, 8:51:38 PM
"
Voidin_Blitz wrote:
Right, right. I rushed to have the first thread and now I'm going to write a proper thread.

I'm sure you have heard of low level only tournaments by now. Well, there are quite a few reasons to start planning a build.

In before someone says, CI is non-viable and Low-Life is very difficult.

I'll go summoner as in the old times; little health, every single summoner gear I can hog up and zombies on the helmet.

Oh, and just in case some Master PvP player stumbles upon here, any tips?

PS!

Summoner is not bad at all for 1v1. I would not suggest it in 3v3 though as it gives too many flask charges. 1 Thing to look out for is conversion trap, so you might want to carry it yourself.
From my experience I'll rate all the summoner skills for you:
Summon raging spirits: very good, especially when linked in a +1 tabula rasa or +1 Matua Tapuna.
Minion instability is very good with this.
Zombies: Quite decent, can be very powerful when paired with Minion Instability.
Skeletons: very lack luster, but quite effective at clearing traps, especially traps with clever construction.
Specters: NO
Flesh Offering: good if you have nice cast speed to cast desecrate and flesh offering
Bone offering: not worth it

Curses to use:
Punishment: really good versus any physical build. It can potentially 1 shot people if they do not play smart. Reflect versus normal mobs (minions) is very high, and when they hit a huge group of them, they will get hit like a brick.
Temporal chains: although nerfed, it still is a good skill at controlling your opponent. Great when paired with cold snap.
IGN: Beardedwizzard
I wanted to do templar ele build, then when I saw the new belt REALLY wanted to.

Idk if it will be good or not, but I'm excited to try it.
"
Waffl3x wrote:
I wanted to do templar ele build, then when I saw the new belt REALLY wanted to.

Idk if it will be good or not, but I'm excited to try it.

Just keep in mind that GH has a -20 penalty (after patch.).

Templar elemental melee has been really really uncompetetive for a long time tho. Actually just templar in general. It was pretty good back when multistrike did not exist, as you had an edge by chilling enemies in alot of cases, and flicker + gh was bugged (and still is.) in a way that prevented enemies from running away in alot of cases.

I had a build like this long time ago. You use hrimsorrow + hatred and now the new belt, get Cold penetration and WED added fire (as of now, block pen aswell) linked to GH. With Hrimsorrow and Hatred and Cold penetration, the damage scales really really well together, and it is 75 percent of phys to Cold that is being linked to Cold pen. The insane scaling is what makes this build so fun to play.

But then Again... it currently has this shitty, unjustified fucking penalty.

You could try Moltenstrike or Static Strike(if SS is good.) Even tho Hrimsorrow converts to Cold, it still gets damage buff from elemental if u are using molten. That would give u 60 to fire and 25 to Cold, 85 percent of dmg converted to elemental. Corrupt Hrimsorrow with elemental weakness on hit. (Or attack speed.) For Penetration you are then just forced into using the pen of what type of element you hit the most with. (Would preferably be for shock or freeze, but both lightning strike and gh sux. Burn dmg is shit and wont do shit.)

Need to link a shit ton of stuff.. ele skill, pen, added fire, block pen (has no mana cost with new patch thank god.) multistrike and WED... Not gonna comment on mana issues. Might need elreon rings aswell... but hey at least new tree has this reduced mana cost node.

I really hope SS could make a build like this somewhat viable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info