Ondar's Block/Reave Duelist for 1.3

I decided to go with a reave duelist for 1.3, and thought I'd try using Ondar's Guile over Iron Reflexes. The new tree makes it much more natural to slip past it. Still gonna get block for basic physical reduction.

Quick Tree Summary:
- 181% Life
- 79% IAS
- 336% Damage
- 20% Block

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR2bLelGivAV7MSCypCE2WVNvqe9Nkd-L8y2imLswYKE73TtBS1672BLrK8M96mVwL9AoF4Tj5kEhzJOLOnK0xm0_MXdDUp945-HdmegCpt469aKfyt311b6AhGj50TSAyfUUjB85w_cvTGwy_VNkiP2jX0GIFh1dKAGohfcG61I7j3i18tMYKOKlWYEsf66fXXTfniuYloknQgu7YMZjgBepDnQgUfiIuIVINE2Ssg_JypNtfJuqv4K2L01kjGepldN4_6POuHyRZAKOrM=

Planning the standard Bringer of Rain, and either the Thousand Teeth Temu or another shield with 36% block. Going to use tempest shield to get the last 4% to reach 75% block.

Known gems will be:

Helm: Reave/Multistrike/Concentrated Effect/(Lifesteal or Added Fire)
Gloves: Reduced Mana/Haste/Herald of Ash/Tempest Shield
Sword: Cwdt/Enduring Cry/Enfeeble

I'll see what the counter gems offer before finalizing the rest of the slots. If you have thoughts or suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.
Try this.

Slightly less life(5%), but 6% increased block and far, far more damage. Of course, this is a 110 point tree. Subtract things from wherever you feel like. With a rathpith and BoR you will have 71% block and 75% spell block.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
nice tree

but it clearly shows that duelist is the worst out of the three (duelist/ranger/shadow) so maybe just let it go and select ranger, drop 4 duelist starting nodes, take 8% aspd and 20% acc and invest that last one into something sweet
Duelist is better than shadow. If you exit through phys damage nodes, then duelist gets more damage than shadow (a few % more). Ranger start doesn't get as much life either. If i were to do a dagger tree then it would definitely be ranger. In the end not much difference, at this point it's all aesthetic choices.

What makes me sad though is that whatever duelist can do, ranger can usually do it as well or even better. For example, the classic duelist blender along with crit variants are all better with ranger. What the hell man? Every class has something unique to it. The duelist doesn't.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Dec 9, 2014, 2:40:42 AM
Im totally curiose about a step on maths as its the first time i am really thinking about using a shield setting

Let,s say i have 2000 armour shield (A), +200% extra defences from shield (B) and +100% extra armour (C)

How does that calculate it? (A x B x C) would be 2000 x 3 x 2 = 12k armour

While A x (B+C) would be 2000 x 5 = 10k armour. BTW very thanks for the tree example Etherfire, i cant use it as it is because im a cleave lover but still gave me some heavy ideas
Well, first of all, we want an evasion shield with a tree like this. That is, unless you use rathpith for the spell block. Sadly I'm not too sure about how the mechanics work for shield armor, never bothered to learn.

If you want to play cleave, then try this. DW, crit, tons of life, acro and phase along with ondars. Should be a lot of fun. Once I get a character levelled for it, I will put up a guide.

Ranger Start
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAr-sILpuNGY7tg_66fXXTfgBelWYDh-_jG61KfeOfh3ZnoPzFVvruDu96F9wGonSgd9cGIFh11op_K419MHxNkiP2_94k_edUUUc6Qkt43agwcdQjBbWNv-cP3L0xsMv11FIABhX2Ynlbr90NVuifguCVvTZlTb6nGbTK0yzphNlHfmNwYEFsjGKstMXC7F3yDkjjhDY9napjQ3BSidNw1fPqKgvtQaZ_tUhh4iaVFr-xs4w2VUukOdCBR-Ii4hUg8kX-Cti9NZK18m6qSsg_JypNplc64U3j_o8=

This is a buff
Dual wielder swords whit eva? sounds promising, never tried eva (both my chars are cleave armour+life builds) but, is +10x % enough evasion boost? Even tough i guess that 200% life will do far better than my old 150% one.

Well, now im sure what i am gonna play as main on new league 8) Now time to try addapt myself to 1.3 tree 8) Thanks a ton
The main source of mitigation is acrobatics and phase. It does fine, especially with such high life.

This is a buff
"
Pekesina wrote:
Im totally curiose about a step on maths as its the first time i am really thinking about using a shield setting

Let,s say i have 2000 armour shield (A), +200% extra defences from shield (B) and +100% extra armour (C)

How does that calculate it? (A x B x C) would be 2000 x 3 x 2 = 12k armour

While A x (B+C) would be 2000 x 5 = 10k armour. BTW very thanks for the tree example Etherfire, i cant use it as it is because im a cleave lover but still gave me some heavy ideas
The %ages are additive, not multiplicative, so the math works like this:
Total = A * ( 1 + B/100 + C/100 )
= 2000 * (1 + 2.0 + 1.0)
= 8000

Same goes for Quality% and Increased Armor/Evasion%.
For example, Glorious Plate has 553 armor. With Elephant's (50% armour) and 20% quality it will say on item:
= 533 * (1 + 0.5 + 0.2)
= 906(.1) armour

Added to your stats above, it should give your sheet:
= 533 * (1 + 0.5 + 0.2 + 2.0 + 1.0)
= 2505(.1) armour

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info