Molten Strike - Melee strike is Physical and Projectiles are Fire?

If I use this skill on an elemental Templar will I get the benefits of the +% Elemental Damage nodes for the melee hit + the projectiles or just the projectiles? 'cause I think on a physical damage Marauder I got the effect of Physical on all of it.

I'd appreciate it if someone can explain it simply for me.
Thanks.
The skill does what it says, it strikes the primary target with a melee attack for 120% of your normal attack damage as. Then it releases three projectiles that do 60% of melee attack damage as small area projectile attacks, also 60% fire.

You're much better off scaling the skill with physical damage than elemental, you scale all of your damage with it instead of just the elemental part (unless you specifically go for elemental by using flat ele auras and heralds).
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 7, 2014, 4:35:21 PM
"
raics wrote:
The skill does what it says, it strikes the primary target with a melee attack for 120% of your normal attack damage as. Then it releases three projectiles that do 60% of melee attack damage as small area projectile attacks, also 60% fire.

You're much better off scaling the skill with physical damage than elemental, you scale all of your damage with it instead of just the elemental part (unless you specifically go for elemental by using flat ele auras and heralds).

The bolded section is not correct. The projectiles do your weapon damage, (modified by applicable damage mods) melee damage specific mods will not apply to the projectiles. So the projectiles would deal 120% weapon damage plus any non melee damage modifiers (aoe damage, projectile damage, physical and elemental damage, % weapon damage ect) less 40%.

"
Agashi wrote:
"
raics wrote:

The bolded section is not correct. The projectiles do your weapon damage, (modified by applicable damage mods) melee damage specific mods will not apply to the projectiles. So the projectiles would deal 120% weapon damage plus any non melee damage modifiers (aoe damage, projectile damage, physical and elemental damage, % weapon damage ect) less 40%.

Yes, I formulated that badly.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info