Any tools out there to calculate potential DPS prior to crafting?

Pretty much what the title says.

Background

If anyone is interested...

During the 1 week race I found a CoE (I know...) and as such swapped around some gear on a wander that I played in the last league.

Currently using this wand:

Now I was running some maps and transmuted some imbued wands and got T1 crit chance and yolo regaled T2 spell damage on it:

Now I was wondering if an elreon craft with flat, % phys damage & attack speed would give me more damage on it than the one I'm currently using. I know there's a ton of things that would need to be taken into account (passives, gear, auras, skills), but maybe there's a tool out there that can help?

If not I'll just keep it in case I ever want to try out a coc wander :D

"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Dec 7, 2014, 5:24:18 AM
there is no need to take many things into account. yea, the first one has slightly worse base crit and the latter lacks low crit multi roll, thats it. But Id call it negligible and just calculate and compare weapons pDPS using simple equation:

weapon pDPS = (base + local_added_phys) * (1 + %_local_increased_phys + %_quality) * (base_aps * (1 + %_local_increased_attack_speed))

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Dec 7, 2014, 5:43:37 AM
Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, sorry probably didn't explain myself properly:
With the master craft I obviously won't be able to get the physical damage as high as my current wand (as one prefix is already taken up by the spell damage mod and as tora can't craft higher tier mods).

So I might be able to get ~150ish pDPS on that wand. But I was wondering if the spell damage would be able to make up for it.

But I guess you're right. The difference would probably be marginal.

Ah well. Will keep it the way it is for a coc build then :D

Thanks for your help :)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
Last edited by qwertz on Dec 7, 2014, 5:54:04 AM
"
But I was wondering if the spell damage would be able to make up for it.

with CoE? depends on how much %increased damage you have.

If you have like 400% increased damage, then the extra 66% increase from spell mod would mean 13,2% more damage ->

~12% less pDPS needed on a wand with this spell mod to have ~ same overall dps

edit: yea, master craft attack speed and voila, great CoC wand :)
Last edited by Ludvator on Dec 7, 2014, 6:09:29 AM
hey
its not worth to craft a wand at all, but if you want one the cheapest way is to get a mirrored.
crafting is really expensive even if your the luckiest guy in the game.
i still have a ring

i wasted more then 150 ex

and this armour i was "quick" looking for t1 flat eva to use on one of my chars but even after 10 ets iv got nothing:

i can only suggest not to waste your currency on it
Check our recruitment thread if curious

Twitch: PoE_Vincam
Last edited by baumpaul on Dec 7, 2014, 6:20:09 AM
Thanks Paul, but I'm nowhere near able to afford a mirrored wand. :D

I was talking about master crafting with the Elreon mod (multiple mods). That way the wand would cost 2ex (+ the alts to roll initial mod + regal + the few chaos for the mods).

But yes, I doubt it's going to make a big difference in my case. CoC wand it is.
that will make an absolutely sick coc wand, thats some GG eleron material right there.

better than these 2 things im using, and these are still absolutely destroying content. I think the max damage u can get from the 2 stat rare master method is hitting archmages hybrid spell damage and crit chance, but that means using 2 prefixes because you craft the full bench spell damage. I kind of like having the double leech prefixes, still hoping to land that glyphics of incision some day.
but dont forget about crafting attack speed on it, it is straight "more procs" multiplier

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info