Freezing Pulse not viable anymore?

I've seen it in a few vids and it seemed to work really well but they were a year or a couple years ago and I've been trying to use it and I just noticed the farther the monster is the weaker it hits, and with the support gems I know of, I'm not really how how this skill could be made viable with Greater Multiple Projectiles.

Did it get a big nerf or something?

Thanks.
Freezing Pulse has been viable as long as it has existed, I think. That said, it actually got an enormous damage buff in patch 1.2 a few months ago, then got indirectly buffed further by the Heralds (100% damage effectiveness!), and is now very good IMO (and will only get better with the new Templar area). I would suggest using LMP rather than GMP, although I know a lot of people disagree with me. FP - LMP - Echo - Cold Pen - Critical Damage with both Heralds will permafreeze most things as long as you stand close enough and do loads of damage. Then just go EB with Arctic Armour, standard life caster sort of thing, and make sure you find some projectile speed. Quality FP, the Sniper passive, a wand mod, etc.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Dec 6, 2014, 9:43:16 PM
"
viperesque wrote:
Freezing Pulse has been viable as long as it has existed, I think. That said, it actually got an enormous damage buff in patch 1.2 a few months ago, then got indirectly buffed further by the Heralds (100% damage effectiveness!), and is now very good IMO (and will only get better with the new Templar area). I would suggest using LMP rather than GMP, although I know a lot of people disagree with me. FP - LMP - Echo - Cold Pen - Critical Damage with both Heralds will permafreeze most things as long as you stand close enough and do loads of damage. Then just go EB with Arctic Armour, standard life caster sort of thing, and make sure you find some projectile speed. Quality FP, the Sniper passive, a wand mod, etc.

"Heralds"? What's that?

"FP", "Cold Pen", "both heralds", could you tell me what are those, too? I'm pretty new to the game.
FP = Freezing Pulse
Cold Pen = Cold Penetration
Heralds = Herald of Thunder, Herald of Ice, Herald of Ash

They are all gems.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
"
Tomerf wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:

"Heralds"? What's that?

"FP", "Cold Pen", "both heralds", could you tell me what are those, too? I'm pretty new to the game.
Right sorry, I assumed you were more experienced for some reason.

Herald of Ice
Herald of Thunder
FP = Freezing Pulse
Cold Penetration
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
FP = Freezing Pulse skill gem
Cold Pen = Cold Penetration support gem
Heralds = Heralds of Ice, Heralds of Thunder gems. They are a buff, use both, link them to Reduced Mana gem.

Freezing Pulse is viable, just gotta build it right. Projectile fades, as you noted, so you *badly* need Freezing Pulse gem with quality. Also take projectile speed passives, the one you can take easily for example, is "Sniper" cluster in the Shadow part of the tree.
dont read the follow text if your not going for lvl 90+ with this build

FP is a nice, even op skill for pvp but nothing else it wasnt good befor 1.2 and nothing changed after. the most damage is coming from the cast speed so you have to stay around and cast. if you think you will be usefull in a party, hell yah, on low levels for sure but you will get bored on the 78 rots without beeing able to deal the same amount on dmg as other builds. the best thing is how people are calculating damage on it ... rofl. even with added lightning damage its still ele dmg and you have to cast curses to deal notable damage
Check our recruitment thread if curious

Twitch: PoE_Vincam
Last edited by baumpaul on Dec 6, 2014, 11:06:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info