Someone explain the differences between classes...

I've only been playing for less than a couple weeks now, but it doesn't seem like there's anything different between the classes.

Are all the passive stat trees the same between all classes?

From the way I see it right now, you can do something like create a 2h mace marauder and then make a 2h mace templar, and they'll be the same exact thing? Same goes for a bow ranger and a bow duelist.

How are these classes any different?
http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2011-09-30/dev-diary-patch-0-9-3

http://www.pathofexile.com/betamanifesto/
Grim_Reaper lvl 67 RIP
"
pab wrote:
I've only been playing for less than a couple weeks now, but it doesn't seem like there's anything different between the classes.

Are all the passive stat trees the same between all classes?

From the way I see it right now, you can do something like create a 2h mace marauder and then make a 2h mace templar, and they'll be the same exact thing? Same goes for a bow ranger and a bow duelist.

How are these classes any different?

To answer your question, the marauder and ranger in your examples would have a higher str and dex respectively.
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
Quoted from the mechanics thread (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2750):

"
Classes
Each class gains a certain amount of life and mana per level, and also have some other bonuses.
In addition, each class gains different amounts of attributes from passive skills.

All passive skills give 2 of each attribute, regardless of class
Pure classes gain +6 attribute points from passives of their main attribute, and +2 for passives of other attributes
Hybrid classes gain +4 attribute points from passives of their main attribute, and +2 for passives of other attributes

For example a Marauder taking a strength (red) passive gains 8 strength, 2 intelligence, and 2 dexterity. The same marauder taking an intelligence passive gains 2 strength, 4 intelligence, and 2 dexterity.
A Duelist will get 6/2/2 from strength or dex passives, and 4/2/2 from intelligence passives.

Life/mana per level
These are the amounts of life and mana gained by each class on level up.

Marauder: 8 life, 2 mana
Ranger: 4 life, 2 mana
Witch: 4 life, 4 mana
Duelist: 6 life, 2 mana
Templar: 6 life, 3 mana
Dex/Int: 4 life, 3 mana

Base statistics
Each class also has bonuses to certain types of armour. These are:

Marauder: +12% armour rating
Ranger: +12% evasion rating
Witch: +12% energy shield
Duelist: +12% armour rating, +12% evasion rating
Templar: +12% armour rating, +12% energy shield
Dex/Int: +12% evasion rating, +12% energy shield
In addition, marauders can get more endurance charges, templar more power charges, and the early game quest rewards are a bit different.

The class differences are more apparent if you use intelligence skills/supports, get intelligence passives, or use strength/intelligence or pure intelligence armor.
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
Last edited by IMDisappoint on Oct 26, 2011, 2:42:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info