Herald of Ash + Inc burning damg = how does it work? / calculations inside

if i hit a mob that has 100 hp with 150 damage, then 50 damage are the overkill.

for simplicity lez say HoA would ignite for 150% of overkill damage, that makes it 75 burning damage.

now my question: if i add an increased burning damage gem to HoA when does it kick in?

lets say its level 11 (50% inc burning damage) which will be corect:

a. 50 x 1.5 x 1.5 = 112.5

b. 50 x (1.5 + .5) = 100

c. anything else?

if its a. which i think it is, that would mean the inc burn gem becomes effectively a "more damage", no?

thx or your answers in advance!
It's A.

And it doesn't make increased burning damage a multiplier, "ignites for 150% of overkill damage" is a multiplier.

Actually, sum of all increases is a multiplier, if you also had 50% increased damage over time and 50% increased fire damage, then inc burning wouldn't act as multiplier anymore.

"Enemies chilled by you take increased burning damage" on Dyadus unique also usually acts as a multiplier because it affects damage taken, but it really isn't. If the target was also shocked and cursed with vulnerability it would stack additively with those bonuses. However, "enemies burn faster" you can see on Goddess Scorned is an honest-to-goddess multiplier.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info