Vaal Fragment Changes in 1.2.4d

Really good addition imho. This will encourage people to start using alch orbs on maps again, which is something that I sorely missed.
"
(as we have to manage the amount of complex distractions that players run into while playing)

Does this mean we will have less awesome things to do beside the grind of the story and whatnot?

I enjoy boxes and corrupted areas. Ive been playing since CB and find these activities very fulfilling in a LINEAR game. Please add more 'complex distractions'.
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
*sigh* and another 2 weeks passes without a new skill gem or anything. i wish they were coming out like they use to. one every 2-3 weeks.
It seems the only reasonable way to use this feature is to corrupt carto boxes. Not much of a help rly.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Yep, would be better with an increase in vaal orb obtainability.

Now, vaal'ing a cartobox in either merci or low level maps would be the best use

What if masters had a chance to sell either a frag or vaal gem in their shop. Every refresh was one or the other. For like an alch
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Nov 9, 2014, 10:56:07 PM
Oh so now vall orbs will get to ~3c D: I need to do some boring dock runs for corrupted areas :P
"
Achilion wrote:
:)

edit : that wont ecourage me to corupt maps tho, vaal orbs are so rare i can barely use them for corupting uniques :(. I guess i will have to wait for better atziri farming times

edit 2: ... maybe if corrupted boss had the chance to drop 3-4 fragments at a time then who knows maybe it could be fun to do it, but 1 which usualy will be dusk/dawn or gem hmm.

Bring back City of Sarn <3

keep in mind that you can always corrupt a strongbox. makes those low level cartos much more appealing.
finally ..now i will play maps:)
Nice incremental change. More incentive to do harder content on the top end.

On the lower end people can vaal some 66 maps.
I don't like this fix, it feels half Ass'd. Let me explain why.

"Corrupt low lvl carto boxes, easiest way to get lots of corrupted maps to farm frags"
-I have been playing back for 5-7 weeks, i havent found a single carto box yet, so honestly im not even sure they exist anymore. I have leveled a character from 85-87; 1-87; and havent found a single one, also i've only found about 4 vaal orbs since ive been back, so i dont really see this as a 'FIX' why should i spent lots of time farming low lvl maps, just for fragments, when before I was farming low lvl zones, at least the zones dont give weird things like no regen or temp chains.

Things that might change my mind
-adjust the drop rate of carto boxes
-adjust the drop rate of vaal orbs
-make my 10 mins of time running a no regen temp chain map worth more than 1 sacrifice fragment.

IDK, this whole fix update just seams meh at best. whatever, back to farming dom.
~
Drunken Bladefall Build (Witch) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1575889
Contact Hours CST

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info