Free to Play RAGE

I ask of you people at GGG, what are you plans for funding this game when it's free to play?

What I hate the most, is when great free to play games go downhill due to their itemshop and community.

For example, one of the most promising games, Mabinogi.
When it first came out and I played it, it was amazing. Everything had balance, it was fun even when grinding. Then the player market boomed, and prices were up suddenly. Gold farmers farming gold for in game cash currency, people using cash currency for ridiculous amounts of gold. Comparing the simplest thing from back then to now, a clothing dye used to be 15,000 gold and is now 2,000,000 gold. This way the game was ruined. This way, to be successful in ANY way, you have to spend at least $10 a month to get on the level of other players. This is especially serious in this game, because it gets more interesting in higher levels.

I really wish the people at GGG do not let us buy power, or anything that can be gold farmed, cause that will ruin the game. I don't mind paying a low price for a game, if you make the ways to purchase it easy, or maybe implement a premium service in the game. Thanks for reading.
Last edited by seungpark on Oct 21, 2011, 11:59:15 PM
GGG already said, the only transactions they plan to have are cosmetic stuff like dyes and stuff to make your spells look cooler etc, THE WHOLE GAME WILL BE FREE

"
seungpark wrote:
But the question is will you be able to trade the dyes?

That's a very good question, I'm not sure what GGG is planning for that. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
....._______
..../...........\
...|.............|_____...._........…
...|......o................V..VVVVV..\
...|.............________________/
....\_______/

KEYSUS
Last edited by Ataleo on Oct 22, 2011, 12:18:01 AM
"
seungpark wrote:

They have not said anything on this but i'll stick my neck out and say..... no.
RIP Bolto
I think it could be a good way for GGG when we can trade with the Shopitems. Cause, there are a lot of Gamers they have enough Money to trade with. And there are also enough Gamers they cant Buy anything, but they can trade with other Sellers ingame items.

Okay, so get a people with more Money more Items ingame. Thats true. So get a Shopuser better Equipment, but he/she does a Service for us. He/She finance us the Servers and development. So GGG sells more Items, so they get more Money to make this Game greater and greater.

I think they should enable a Tradefunktion. But its only my opinion. Cause i think that the Developers need Money.

And if it Fails, then they can Turn off this Funktion.
Sorry 4 my bad English, i am not native ;)
Greetings from Germany
Last edited by Ricardos on Oct 22, 2011, 6:25:52 AM
im actually quite suprised that the games virtually free to play. though it makes me wonder if buying dyes and such small things will be able to keep this game afloat financially.

time will tell, im looking forward to D3 but this looks dark and gritty looking forward to it.
By the time D3 actually launches, this game will probably have it's second expansion out :P
"
Ricardos wrote:
I think it could be a good way for GGG when we can trade with the Shopitems. Cause, there are a lot of Gamers they have enough Money to trade with. And there are also enough Gamers they cant Buy anything, but they can trade with other Sellers ingame items.

Okay, so get a people with more Money more Items ingame. Thats true. So get a Shopuser better Equipment, but he/she does a Service for us. He/She finance us the Servers and development. So GGG sells more Items, so they get more Money to make this Game greater and greater.

I think they should enable a Tradefunktion. But its only my opinion. Cause i think that the Developers need Money.

And if it Fails, then they can Turn off this Funktion.

If you can trade the shopitems for in game items, then that's the problem. Your literally buying power. And that's unfair to the whole playerbase, and also forces you to pay money to buy power too. Especially if this has PvP in the game. So no, that's a terrible idea.

And also, if they sell like literal items in the shop, (Helmets, Weapons) then your still buying weapons. So how does the game support itself without doing that? I think premium services are a great idea.
Last edited by seungpark on Oct 22, 2011, 9:58:45 AM
There should be official sticky thread from devs, where they saying about PoE payment model and microtransactions stuff, because it seems no one reading FAQ and people keep spamming forums with same dumb topics about cash ownage.
I read the FAQ, but there is no Point with trading this Stuff...
Sorry 4 my bad English, i am not native ;)
Greetings from Germany

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info