[1.3 Video Guide] Tanky Beginners End-Game Viable Crit Ice-Shot-Puncture Build! [HC/SC Viable]

"
"
qazqazqaz wrote:
Do you think it is possible to switch to tornado shot in this build? Would it make any difference?

I am also having mana issues at ~57 level. Was thinking of a way to autocast curse, any ideas?

That is completely viable man. The skill-tree would actually be the same. The only thing you would need to change would be the tornado shot skill-gem setup. For that you should go: Tornado Shot, Increased Physical Projectile Damage, LGOH, LMP, Faster Attacks, Increased Critical strike chance.

I took mind drinker and currently running Tornado, FA, GMP and Added Fire. With Herald of ash linked to prolif and burning, and heralf of ice too in other slots. Seems fine for now. Not sure if I should be using lmp or gmp though.
"
qazqazqaz wrote:
"
"
qazqazqaz wrote:
Do you think it is possible to switch to tornado shot in this build? Would it make any difference?

I am also having mana issues at ~57 level. Was thinking of a way to autocast curse, any ideas?

That is completely viable man. The skill-tree would actually be the same. The only thing you would need to change would be the tornado shot skill-gem setup. For that you should go: Tornado Shot, Increased Physical Projectile Damage, LGOH, LMP, Faster Attacks, Increased Critical strike chance.

I took mind drinker and currently running Tornado, FA, GMP and Added Fire. With Herald of ash linked to prolif and burning, and heralf of ice too in other slots. Seems fine for now. Not sure if I should be using lmp or gmp though.

I would personally suggest LMP, it is better against concentrated packs and bosses, but I guess both are viable :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Hello there, First of all this build is sick, and thnx for sharing it. Currently lvl 60 softcore died only once cuz i wasnt carefull about vaal lasers on merc :)

second, i wanna ask can i try using Three dragons with this build and if so do i need to change something?

Thnx in advance for help, Best regards!
Could you show us what gear I am looking for end game, like ideal amulets / rings etc so I know what to buy/lookout for ty
edit: this turned into a big post. thought i'd leave my thoughts on the build, leveling and gearing it fresh in the new league.

tl;dr: great build overall. Weak in situations where mobs are spread out or not in an arc in front of you (no true AoE) or moving mobs like monkeys, and very strong when they are close together since that's our builds wet dream.

Currently level 90 with this build in the new league, with a semi-decent bow I am on 12k tooltip dps with 5L Ice shot (running hatred). I can see myself scaling a hell of a lot more as well considering I have a few more crit nodes to take, and proper full crit-rolled bow/quiver/jewelry to get.

I'm on 4.5k life, capped res, 7k evasion (=40%), and for offensive stats I'm at 36% crit chance, 350% crit multi and .55 speed on ice shot. My bow is somewhere around 260 dps.

Overall the build is quite nice, but personally I am rerolling to something more FOTM OP. I dislike the situations where multiple mobs are in front of you, but not in a straight line (or not arc-shaped). These are situations that slow this build down a lot when mapping (open maps mostly) because you have to click them one by one (no true AoE in the build, linear maps are your friend for sure). Even with ele prolif burns this still happens a lot and it feels horribly slow overall when it does. Yes you can re-position yourself to line them up, but this gets quite tiresome and it doesn't always allow you to hit the leftover mobs. Trouble is you can't always hold down your ice-shot since we are running on such a small mana pool. Could possibly consider running blood magic and with high strength, leveel a reduced mana gem way higher and run another aura. Mobs that move around a lot (monkeys etc) are awful for this build to encounter as well since our ice shot has a tiny hitbox etc).

However! For all other scenario's, and the linear maps, this build is awesome. If you crit, the burning damage will usually kill whatever survived the crit and that's obviously the power of this build. With my very average gear I one-shot packs of whites (and sometimes blues) on lvl 70 maps depending on their mods.

Our single-target is still very strong after the nerf (puncture). If you are playing in the new league, once you get your crit chance up, and have the room to 4/5/6L your puncture, it becomes very, very strong. Until then I suggest running it with faster attacks early on, so that you can apply your puncture crit and then keep ice shotting. I did this until I was able to 4/5L puncture and it speeds things up dramatically, especially against exiles and mobs that move around a ton.

p.s. I have some advice for people with mana problems (I had it too) - take the Mana leech node called Mind Drinker. It's 3 points to get it (top-right side of our path) and very useful to sustain 3/4/5L Ice Shot quite easily on the tiny unreserved mana pool that we have. I took it for a while until I found mana leech on a piece of gear.

Overall great build. The ele prolif burn is soooo useful and strong.
Last edited by rEDNiNE150 on Dec 12, 2019, 10:32:59 PM
"
Fancastic wrote:
Hello there, First of all this build is sick, and thnx for sharing it. Currently lvl 60 softcore died only once cuz i wasnt carefull about vaal lasers on merc :)

second, i wanna ask can i try using Three dragons with this build and if so do i need to change something?

Thnx in advance for help, Best regards!

Thanks for the feedback man!

I wouldn't use three dragons man, you really need that burn prolif going with this build, but it is an interesting idea though :)
Well, I ripped. Frozen sky is disgustingly OP. I had huge amount of fun with this build though, level 69.
Last edited by qazqazqaz on Dec 17, 2014, 8:07:55 PM
"
rEDNiNE150 wrote:
edit: this turned into a big post. thought i'd leave my thoughts on the build, leveling and gearing it fresh in the new league.

tl;dr: great build overall. Weak in situations where mobs are spread out or not in an arc in front of you (no true AoE) or moving mobs like monkeys, and very strong when they are close together since that's our builds wet dream.

Currently level 80 with this build in the new league, with a semi-decent bow I am on 12k tooltip dps with 5L Ice shot (running hatred). I can see myself scaling a hell of a lot more as well considering I have a few more crit nodes to take, and proper full crit-rolled bow/quiver/jewelry to get.

I'm on 4.5k life, capped res, 7k evasion (=40%), and for offensive stats I'm at 36% crit chance, 350% crit multi and .55 speed on ice shot. My bow is somewhere around 260 dps.

Overall the build is quite nice, but personally I am rerolling to something more FOTM OP. I dislike the situations where multiple mobs are in front of you, but not in a straight line (or not arc-shaped). These are situations that slow this build down a lot when mapping (open maps mostly) because you have to click them one by one (no true AoE in the build, linear maps are your friend for sure). Even with ele prolif burns this still happens a lot and it feels horribly slow overall when it does. Yes you can re-position yourself to line them up, but this gets quite tiresome and it doesn't always allow you to hit the leftover mobs. Trouble is you can't always hold down your ice-shot since we are running on such a small mana pool. Could possibly consider running blood magic and with high strength, leveel a reduced mana gem way higher and run another aura. Mobs that move around a lot (monkeys etc) are awful for this build to encounter as well since our ice shot has a tiny hitbox etc).

However! For all other scenario's, and the linear maps, this build is awesome. If you crit, the burning damage will usually kill whatever survived the crit and that's obviously the power of this build. With my very average gear I one-shot packs of whites (and sometimes blues) on lvl 70 maps depending on their mods.

Our single-target is still very strong after the nerf (puncture). If you are playing in the new league, once you get your crit chance up, and have the room to 4/5/6L your puncture, it becomes very, very strong. Until then I suggest running it with faster attacks early on, so that you can apply your puncture crit and then keep ice shotting. I did this until I was able to 4/5L puncture and it speeds things up dramatically, especially against exiles and mobs that move around a ton.

p.s. I have some advice for people with mana problems (I had it too) - take the Mana leech node called Mind Drinker. It's 3 points to get it (top-right side of our path) and very useful to sustain 3/4/5L Ice Shot quite easily on the tiny unreserved mana pool that we have. I took it for a while until I found mana leech on a piece of gear.

Overall great build. The ele prolif burn is soooo useful and strong.

That is some awesome feedback man. Thank you very much for taking your time to write it :)
"
qazqazqaz wrote:
Well, I ripped. Frozen sky is disgustingly OP. I had huge amount of fun with this build though, level 69.

Yea it is kinda lame. It should be fixed today though!

I am glad you had fun though :)
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Dec 18, 2014, 6:41:20 AM
"
rEDNiNE150 wrote:

would you mind leaving your gear here? interested in link setups etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info