From the sidelines question about weapons

Are the weaons restricted by attributes? Staff will always be INT or Dagger always Dex. Are there drops of STR dagger or Dex 2h swords?
Modulate -Skullfuck , tune to play POE
All equipment and gems have fixed attribute requirements.
Forum Sheriff
Elaborate Please.
Last edited by darktalon on Oct 20, 2011, 10:19:52 AM
"
darktalon wrote:
Are the weaons restricted by attributes? Staff will always be INT or Dagger always Dex. Are there drops of STR dagger or Dex 2h swords?

Below is a melee weapon, as you can see there is a lvl and str requirement that needs to be met in order to equip the weapon. Does that help?

Unavailable
IGN: Quiscient
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Yes, the items are restricted by attributes.

I think a better explanation would be that each item type is aligned with a specific attribute, or two if it is a hybrid item. All wands are intelligence, all maces are strength, all bows are dexterity. Examples of hybrid items would be claws (dex/int), axes (str/dex), and staves (int/str). They will always have the two appropriate attribute requirements, but never the third. Armor follows the same rules; each type is aligned with a certain attribute(s).

Attribute requirements can change if you socket a gem aligned with another attribute. For example, this wand requires strength because it has a strength gem:
Unavailable
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Oct 20, 2011, 12:29:33 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Thank you Whiteboy88 , I should just PM you my questions. < I won't no worries >

This is what I wanted to know. Meaning weapons for each class are for their character classes. You can use a different one but not be as strong as a class specific weapon.
(( A perception from the ring as the announcer has yet to call this boxer ))
Kills my ideas for my characters and forces a somewhat although not entirely linear character progression for weapons. <sigh>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info