A look back in time : Design of Cloak of Defiance

1.5 years later, the item does seem not very useful anymore. :(
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

blah balh blah...missed your uber video in all that talk...love to see it with low regen

fucking sweet rampage character you have there m8

Yes, it's a nice one. The rampage-items were also very interesting at the time.
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink

First self 6-linked item I ever owned. I still love this one. thanks for a great unique that served me well.
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Too bad they effectively deleted that sweet item from the game when they reworked Eldritch Battery.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
If they change the base to carnal armour it might be more viable.
I'm currently building 63% MoM hierophant on standart. Currently at level 46. Had made some calculations, with really heavy investment (pledge of hands, other 200% increased mana, and flat mana mods) it is possible to get to 7000 mana, while sacrificing life and ending up at somewhere 2800 life.

It might sound nice and all, but i have yet to find what is better than just going for similar amount of pure life, also mana potions are two/tree times weaker than life ones, so there are some higher mana recovery issues. Well with life it might be difficult to get to ~10 000 life, but you have auras in return.

Comparing to energy shield I heard speaking "Zeno" having 25k es on hardcore. Even if its not true its possible to get 15k es for sure.

I'm kinda missing encouragement or real benefits on going for mana tank, but we will see how it will work out. Later on (in 2/4 days) will post the results.

EDIT: oh, i forgot to mention, going hierophant with 7k mana that 15% es from mana gives really nice amount of base es, 1050 base es. It might be the savior of this build.
Last edited by Andrius319 on Mar 15, 2016, 12:11:13 PM
i want cloak of defiance 3d art

NAOW!!!!

Soul Mantle too

... seriously , these 2 have the most badass looks...
mind over matter is sweeet!!! aylardex helps too.. wish was more uniques that buff mom
Last edited by CaoMengde on Mar 15, 2016, 5:07:55 PM
Maybe this could make a comeback with a low life chaos resist build, reserving 2 auras on life and 2 + AA on mana then having a decent mana pool to absorb hits and split the damage between your ES and mana

You would need a good ES shield and gloves to make up for the low ES on the chest but 7k ES should be easy to get running discipline with aura passives

Also evasion + ES is a very powerful combo, grace, blasphemy + enfeeble, discipline, clarity lvl 20, and AA is easily done while still reserving enough mana to take the big hits

Like this:
Spoiler
https://poe.mikelat.com/#gI3R75/ti2bV7lh/3Ncfp/DGXOWFd

Then use the vertex for another good evasion/es item (plus an easy lvl 4 enlighten and +1 to your auras and chaos resist for low life) and you have a very tanky character with 10k evasion, 7k ES, MoM, great mana regen and 30% more spell damage from bring low life

Here is a tree that would fit for a templar
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUAAQSzBx4Jqg18DkgRLxFQEZYWbxcvGYoajxslHNwdFB2qIvQo-ipTKwospi2oL28y0TW5N4NFR0WdRnFJUUmxS65TUlXWV8lca13yXypfal-wYpVk52aeaPJsC20Zb55wu3RVe9d8S3_GgKSCx4MJhEiExYuMjHaPGo9Gj_qQ1pMnlS6WdJrgm6GbtaEvogCm66cIpyusmLGQsnC0DLcxuJO-gL6KwGbAmsM6w23KSsrT0NDXz9kT2VvZ_OGI42rpAuq66-7sGO-I8B_w1fba99f5N_nd-ej60vsJ_kk=

Looking at it I guess you wouldn't even need this chest since MoM is 1 point extra lol!
Last edited by DutchRudder on Mar 15, 2016, 11:23:04 PM
"
Andrius319 wrote:
I'm currently building 63% MoM hierophant on standart. Currently at level 46. Had made some calculations, with really heavy investment (pledge of hands, other 200% increased mana, and flat mana mods) it is possible to get to 7000 mana, while sacrificing life and ending up at somewhere 2800 life.

It might sound nice and all, but i have yet to find what is better than just going for similar amount of pure life, also mana potions are two/tree times weaker than life ones, so there are some higher mana recovery issues. Well with life it might be difficult to get to ~10 000 life, but you have auras in return.

Comparing to energy shield I heard speaking "Zeno" having 25k es on hardcore. Even if its not true its possible to get 15k es for sure.

I'm kinda missing encouragement or real benefits on going for mana tank, but we will see how it will work out. Later on (in 2/4 days) will post the results.

EDIT: oh, i forgot to mention, going hierophant with 7k mana that 15% es from mana gives really nice amount of base es, 1050 base es. It might be the savior of this build.

You are aware of the fact, that MoM doesn't do anything against DoTs, right? There is always a on-hit mechanic necessary for MoM
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Astarte911 wrote:
"
Andrius319 wrote:

You are aware of the fact, that MoM doesn't do anything against DoTs, right? There is always a on-hit mechanic necessary for MoM

Mana tank would only work if you had a particular reason why you needed a massive mana pool other then just to utilize it with MoM.

2800 life will err you on the side of still being frozen/stunned on large hits and you lose out on an entire ascend option just to "maximize" having MoM.

One of the biggest reasons why MoM was popular was because it was one of the few builds back in the day that can spam abilities at fast cast speeds on a 6-link. Are there any builds that can be extremely good but can't be done because mana cost issues?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info