[2.1 Ghazzy - Summoner Guides] High Budget Builds

"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
RammboNr5 wrote:
CwDT should not trigger Vaal skellis since Vaal gems can not be triggered anymore. So the setup should be fine, although you "waste" a link

Very true, however in this build we do not need CoDT with inc duration seeing as we get 90% from the tree. Making it wasted if we don't use any other spell there, such as Vaal Skellies.

Sure, that's why I put the wasted into "". I use the fourth link of CwDT for a curse, but I don't have Vaal Haste yet so I am not short on sockets

guess it was not the best question for the stream so here again:

I currently use 1h/shield combo and have +1 fire gems on the wand. I don't plan on switching to a 2h staff in the near future. So is it better to have srs in the wand for the additional level or should I put it in the chest to get additional supports like melee phys dmg or multistrike?
"
RammboNr5 wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
RammboNr5 wrote:
CwDT should not trigger Vaal skellis since Vaal gems can not be triggered anymore. So the setup should be fine, although you "waste" a link

Very true, however in this build we do not need CoDT with inc duration seeing as we get 90% from the tree. Making it wasted if we don't use any other spell there, such as Vaal Skellies.

Sure, that's why I put the wasted into "". I use the fourth link of CwDT for a curse, but I don't have Vaal Haste yet so I am not short on sockets

guess it was not the best question for the stream so here again:

I currently use 1h/shield combo and have +1 fire gems on the wand. I don't plan on switching to a 2h staff in the near future. So is it better to have srs in the wand for the additional level or should I put it in the chest to get additional supports like melee phys dmg or multistrike?

The 4link does too much for it not to use unless you have a +3 wand or something like that. Use a +2 minion helmet by preference. SRS - spell echo - multistrike - melee splash (and melee phys for bosses) is pretty much obligatory for clearing properly
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
I'm sorry Rambo, must have either been super busy or completely missed that question, you are right to post it here to guarantee an answer!

What Leary stated in the post above this is a perfect way of deciding what to do.
Personally i would wear Auromvorax + Kaltenhalt making a +2 or +3 1h impossible to get, which leads to the result of puting spirits in our helmets even if it doesn't have + min lvls. (It makes it easier to change over to a +1 or +2 min gem helmet should we find one).

If you manage to get a 5L chest piece it would be ideal to use that over the 4L helmet, if you are able to sustain the higher mana cost.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
won't use Kaltenhalt since I have a good shield:
Spoiler

Aurumvorax would be nice, yes. The +2 minion helmet is a good suggestion. Never thought of that. I'll see what I can get. A bit low on currency due to too many rips
why use CoD when you just have 600 unreserved mana?

won't belly/lCoil/vRegalia be better?
"

The mana regen probably and the availlability of uniques. Lightning coil isnt that great since without PoL it will guaranteed kill you quicker rather than slower (lightning res will be really hard to cap, and you will get shocked pretty substantially from a lot more sources) and a plain regalia is never better (too little mitigation to offer). Belly is also mentioned as a solid choice, which it truly is, but compared to cloak its really just a matter of taste. Imo MoM is a pretty strong defense but not really a preferred playstyle for some since you really need to run a mana flask for that and keep an eye on the mana too.
"
leary93 wrote:
"

The mana regen probably and the availlability of uniques. Lightning coil isnt that great since without PoL it will guaranteed kill you quicker rather than slower (lightning res will be really hard to cap, and you will get shocked pretty substantially from a lot more sources) and a plain regalia is never better (too little mitigation to offer). Belly is also mentioned as a solid choice, which it truly is, but compared to cloak its really just a matter of taste. Imo MoM is a pretty strong defense but not really a preferred playstyle for some since you really need to run a mana flask for that and keep an eye on the mana too.

500 unreserved mana with 5k life is just like 5.5k life
wouldn't that on a CoD mean it's just like a vRegalia?(too little mitigation to offer) the argument of CoD for mitigation doesn't apply here since the boosted dmg capacity is just 500 eHP

if the CoD is used for %manaRegen; wouldn't it be better to just get your 150% mana regen off jewelry? you'll just be swapping a 1)chest with %manaRegen and no eleRes + rings with no %manaRegen and eleRes for 2)chest with no %manaRegen and has eleRes + rings with %manaRegen and some eleRes

CoD with ~500 unreserved mana is just two coral rings with str and %manaRegen on a life build, right?

im not trying to argue, i just want to understand this as I never tried an EB-MoM build :)

edit: added the smiley face
Last edited by choosinganaccountnameishard on Oct 30, 2014, 2:36:23 AM
"

500 unreserved mana with 5k life is just like 5.5k life
wouldn't that on a CoD mean it's just like a vRegalia?(too little mitigation to offer) the argument of CoD for mitigation doesn't apply here since the boosted dmg capacity is just 500 eHP

if the CoD is used for %manaRegen; wouldn't it be better to just get your 150% mana regen off jewelry? you'll just be swapping a 1)chest with %manaRegen and no eleRes + rings with no %manaRegen and eleRes for 2)chest with no %manaRegen and has eleRes + rings with %manaRegen and some eleRes

CoD with ~500 unreserved mana is just two coral rings with str and %manaRegen on a life build, right?

im not trying to argue, i just want to understand this as I never tried an EB-MoM build :)

edit: added the smiley face

Vregalia doesnt offer mana regen combined with a Constantly Returning 500 life. Its 500 life versus anything that one shots. Anything that doesnt one-shot gives you time to regen and comes down to getting closer to the pure 40% mitigation. Vaal regalia also cant ever give close to 500 life since the ES gets converted to mana with EB.

If CoD is only for the mana regen, its not better to swap to mana regen rings. As an enthousiatic ring upgrader because i love upgrading rings (totally... Not...) I can tell you getting anything over 50% mana regen on proper life rings is really unrealistic. People either dont understand that people want to buy those or understand that everyone looks for it and puts it up for unrealistic prices (20 chaos +). In that case, Cloak and decent life + res rings are cheaper (with small mana regen, preferably) than Coral str life % mana regen rings and a regalia. Not even to consider wanting GG mana regen rings with cloak anyways, meaning that even with the best in slot rings (coral + str, mana regen and res) you want cloak over regalia.

Basic Idea is: Res is easy to cap, hence rings will be the same for both regalia setup and cloak setup, hence we compare them in a vacuum keeping in mind ghazzy's using EB, so basically:

Cloak offers regen + up to 40% mitigation vs 109 life + 50 str max counting up to about 500 pure life (which is only the minimum a cloak offers), coming to the conclusion cloak is strictly better than a regalia.

Comparing it to belly is another case. Belly offers both evasion and armor added to a huge life buff (up to 40%) AND AND AND......

Wait for it.....

Flask recovery rate. <<<<< most underestimated mod ever imo, since you can buff up an eternal flask with increased recovery speed and this mod to have it regen the full flask amount in 2, TWO, seconds.

Hence, I'd be recommending belly for the avid flask user :P (I love flasks)

"
leary93 wrote:

Vregalia doesnt offer mana regen combined with a Constantly Returning 500 life. Its 500 life versus anything that one shots. Anything that doesnt one-shot gives you time to regen and comes down to getting closer to the pure 40% mitigation. Vaal regalia also cant ever give close to 500 life since the ES gets converted to mana with EB.

If CoD is only for the mana regen, its not better to swap to mana regen rings. As an enthousiatic ring upgrader because i love upgrading rings (totally... Not...) I can tell you getting anything over 50% mana regen on proper life rings is really unrealistic. People either dont understand that people want to buy those or understand that everyone looks for it and puts it up for unrealistic prices (20 chaos +). In that case, Cloak and decent life + res rings are cheaper (with small mana regen, preferably) than Coral str life % mana regen rings and a regalia. Not even to consider wanting GG mana regen rings with cloak anyways, meaning that even with the best in slot rings (coral + str, mana regen and res) you want cloak over regalia.

Basic Idea is: Res is easy to cap, hence rings will be the same for both regalia setup and cloak setup, hence we compare them in a vacuum keeping in mind ghazzy's using EB, so basically:

Cloak offers regen + up to 40% mitigation vs 109 life + 50 str max counting up to about 500 pure life (which is only the minimum a cloak offers), coming to the conclusion cloak is strictly better than a regalia.

Comparing it to belly is another case. Belly offers both evasion and armor added to a huge life buff (up to 40%) AND AND AND......

Wait for it.....

Flask recovery rate. <<<<< most underestimated mod ever imo, since you can buff up an eternal flask with increased recovery speed and this mod to have it regen the full flask amount in 2, TWO, seconds.

Hence, I'd be recommending belly for the avid flask user :P (I love flasks)

thanks for the thorough explanation
although i still can't understand the justification(disregarding pricing/cost) -- i guess i will have to try out CoD+EB myself and see it's in-game performance over "paper performance" (both with A)high unreserved --no clarity, just usingFlasks and B)low unreserved --with clarity, not relying on manaFlask)

but the pricing/cost argument is enough for me(im one of those people that didn't know high life corals + %manaRegen are expensive)

im using BotB on 2 chars and yes i agree, the flask recuperation is great, especially conjunction with eternals and alchemist
main reason why i love crit witches :D

thanks larry .. imma try CoD now
After seeing the usual splendid help on my threads i get from Leary, i'll post my personal opinion:

Belly vs CoD
They both provide just about the same ammount of eHP however, CoD gives you the availability of running higher lvl Arc as well as Clarity to sustain your SRS during Vaal Haste without problems.

CoD vs V.Regalia
Again, the mana issue as compared to belly also applies in this situation. And in terms of what actual defence you are provided is minimal compared to CoD. You gain more ES sure, but you don't gain any eHP as without MoM it doesnt matter if you have a milion unreserved mana, it is still not calculated as eHP. The HP gain on a rare chest piece is about the same as you get form your CoD anyways.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info