[2.1 Ghazzy - Summoner Guides] High Budget Builds

Answers
"
Zahrek wrote:
hello ghazzly can see my gear and suggest something more to survive as the physical damage and chaos kill me too fast
"

my tree
lvl 87 scion
"
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA-4IZw18EVAVUBbzFy8YPBhWGYoajxslHNwdFB1PHaodvh8YJjwo-ipNLJwtHy9vL50zhzW5PydGcUlRSshLrk25UUxR-1XWVytXyVltWpFca1yKX5hfsGTnaqxr220Zb55wu30YfVt_xoCkgseDCYRIhMWFYI8aj0aP-pMnkzqVIJitm6GbtaEvoqOnCKcrqH2qxKxHtAy4k70nvYK-isHFwfPDOsNtykrK08y8zRbPMtP72RPZW9rd34rhiOkC6rrr7uwY7Irw1fba99f56PrS-wn-Sf6z

jewellers
"

all res 120+ fire 80% 130 with fire aura
es 4.8k

need to use cwdt or something? really i died easy xD

Hey,

You seem to lack a lot of dexterity from your gear, same with strength. I'd suggest checking the website: poe.trade for new ones. A good amulet can have over 50+ dexterity alone. When it comes to strength I'd suggest buying a Heavy Belt with a Strength roll on it as well. That should cover all your needs for Strength.
That little change should save you 2 nodes in the buildtree as well!

The Jewels you're using seems really, really poor in my eyes. :S
You have to focus on rare jewels giving Minion Damage and Cast speed (Minion Damage being nr1 prio) all of this is stated in the buildthread guide.
Both rings also lacks the required benchcraft "5-20% increased Energy Shield" the amulet does not have high % increase of Energy Shield.

On top of this you are speccing in to cast speed in the tree which is completely wasted?

I assure you I am not being rude, however, from the looks of things you have to invest more currency in to your gearing and proper jeweling. This build is made for high budget players and seeing you have the highest priced items already should mean you have enough currency to get the other stuffs sorted as well!

So:

Gear changes:
Change the rings, make sure they have a prefix open each for the %ES benchcraft.
Change amulet make sure it has high dexterity and %ES gain.
More ES in the helmet but also including +2 Minion Gems mod.
Change the belt for a Heavy Belt with a Strength Sufix roll on it.
6L the Pledge!

Change the tree after gear changes;
Remove the +30 str/dex nodes they are wasted.
Remove the cast speed nodes you took. (get more jewel slots instead.
Change the Jewels to rare Jewels displayed in the buildthread guide.

I hope this helped you a bit on the way of making the build better for you!
If you still have questions, don't hesitate to fire away!

"
Xentos78 wrote:
Hi,

at first ty for your nice guide. missing Shav but only by few ex so time will bring it :)

I read that multistrike won´t work cause of mana issues, as it is obvioues mana per cast goes crazy if you use it . i replaced my melee phys Dmg gem with it just for testing purposes and noticed that i nead around 30% more manaregen, so my gear is far from optimum but shouldn´t it be possible to sustain those reggen.i´m @lvl86 so missing some manareggen points and only 30% on amu.
If my math is not wrong it rises your dmg by 25% compared to melee phys Dmg gem which is the 2nd expensive gem .

Cheers and have fun

Yes and no, Pledge of Hands is solving almost all mana problems allowing for more minion damage jewels which is the reason its better than a +3 staff.
However, with the use of SRS DPS calculators we've concluded that Multistrike is not optimal for the lineup, however, there are situations where it is good just that those situations are very few making the lineup displayed in the thread, well, simply "better".

"
auea1 wrote:
hi im playing lowlife srs on warband league , trying to beat uber atziri , but i can't for the mirrored reflect copy . can u explain or make a video where u shows how to correctly react if u have that clone in front of you ? and why now pledge is better than a +3 fire staff ?

Hey,

If you see the mirror coming out when you are precasting you have to run to a wall side near another target (any other will do) and summon the spirits you can there. Once Atziri starts casting spells you have to run. Since you do NOT stand on top of the "new target" the flameblast will be under you or your spell totem making the spirits you summoned freely attack the newtarget whilst you dodge spells. It should be enough with Vaal Haste to kill the new target with some dodging, worst case scenario: you have to kite and summon new ones with the same required strategy of not standing where youre spirits will be standing when they attack to avoid them getting hit.

Thank you @DatPOE for the explanation of why Pledge of Hands is better than a +3.
There are A LOT of people saying I am incorrect on this matter. However, I've killed Uber Atziri over 1000 times, only played summoners for 1.5 years (since i started playing PoE). Calculations states that it is better. The only exception is if you're playing with EB/ZO then the mana regen has nothing to do with the calculation making a +3 better.

If you have more questions about this, please do feel free to attack me with questions about it. I am getting rather used to the daily flaunting about this fact.

Most people seem to be "testing" the difference by equiping the staff, puting in the new gems and noticing:
"Hey +3 is better, it does more damage"
~Well, of course it does?

The problem is that people do not realise that you can remove the extra mana/mana regen and/or mana cost reduction nodes to get more minion jewels making the Pledge of Hands skyrocket which puts it a tad bit over a +3 staff. This is without bringing in the fact that due to people being extremely narrow minded, Pledge is cheaper than a +3 so rejoice! :)

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hello Ghazzy, please if you dont hard watch and fix mistakes :

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAA-4NfBFQFy8YPBhWGYoajxslHNwdFB2qHb4ksCj6Kk0qUy0fLagvbzOHNbk_J0WdRnFJUUrIS65Ms025UUxSKVNSVdZV4FcrV8lYWlltWpFca1yKX5hfsGKVZOdqrGvbbRlvnnC7e8N9GH1bf8aApILHgwmESITFhWCKr48aj0aP-pARkyeVIJitmuCboZu1oS-io6cIpyuofarErEexkLJwtAy4k70nvYK-gL6KwcXB88M6w23KSsrTzLzPMtAf0_vZE9lb34rhiOL36QLquuvu7Bjsiu_r8NX22vfX-ej60vsJ_kn-sw==?accountName=FERAGAMO&characterName=Spresli

Ty man
Last edited by FERAGAMO on Aug 13, 2015, 1:49:55 AM
Greetings,

This is an interesting conversation about SRS dps, so thought to add my insights to the conversation also.

I'd have to say that you are wrong on the account of Multistrike.

First problem is that Culling Strike is not accurate in axazols calculator (it gives too much increased damage). Second problem is the formula which calculates Max Spirits. It gives too many active Spirits (especially problematic with Culling Strike). Both errors are in Data tab calculations.
If you want to easily check this then compare it to MatrixFactors calculator which gives pretty much correct results.

Actually with the current increased damage from jewels Culling Strike is not that good compared to many other gems. Still it's good enough and has 110% mana multiplier so I use it myself also.
Second problem is with Matrix calculator as there is no Pledge option (or I don't know how to use it) to give easy calculations, also it is missing Melee Damage on Full Life.
Third problem is that we don't know if wiki numbers are correct so our only choice for comparisons is to just use them. But then we don't know how level affects accuracy either (problem for Empower and +3 staff).

It's really hard to say is Pledge better than +3, but I'm also inclined to believe that it is for the reasons stated in this thread also. Although it's possible to do very mana efficient builds with +3 which are very good. Most probably it comes down to the build, auras and items one is using. Both are most probably almost as good. I use Pledge myself.
Just to try out the gems I did make a copy of Matrix calculator and made small changes to turn it to Pledge calculator and did tests with different kind of gem combinations with different end game settings.
Best single target peak DPS (with Pledge+anger+hatred+haste+high aura effect):
Multi/Minion Damage/MPD/MoFL/Increased Duration

Best Splash peak DPS (with Pledge+anger+hatred+haste+high aura effect):
Multi/Minion Damage/MPD/Increased Duration/Melee Splash

Are these the best combinations? Possibly not as the mana cost is very high, Increased Duration takes more time to build up and MoFL might not always work (Discipline helps a lot with this when mapping). Personally I use Culling Strike always because of 1.1 mana multiplier and do not use Increased Duration because of the slower build up time (well sometimes do in some boss fights in high end maps in groups).

But if you do all these calculations with Matrixes calculator with Pledge+anger+hatred+haste+high aura effect, you will find that Multistrike seems to be the second best dps increasing gem (and has the highest mana multiplier). In any case the build one is using does change many variables. On the other hand adding 1 more jewel is a bit better if mana is an issue (easier to do when not using Multistrike).

If you do not trust my calculations, you can ask either of the calculator creators to check it. I assume they can most probably verify these findings.

For Matrix if you happen to read this thread: Your mana use formula is wrong with Empower. You have (Empower lvl - 1)*1,25 as a multiplier, should always be 1.25 if I'm correct.
IGN Eilonway
IGN Daynendas
Last edited by Iceclad on Aug 13, 2015, 4:11:45 AM
How much ES do you suggest having before doing Uber? I don't think with the buffs to mob hp in The Alluring Abyss that they will die extremely fast as they have before (I may be wrong)

I have 6.2k ES
Answers
"
FERAGAMO wrote:

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAA-4NfBFQFy8YPBhWGYoajxslHNwdFB2qHb4ksCj6Kk0qUy0fLagvbzOHNbk_J0WdRnFJUUrIS65Ms025UUxSKVNSVdZV4FcrV8lYWlltWpFca1yKX5hfsGKVZOdqrGvbbRlvnnC7e8N9GH1bf8aApILHgwmESITFhWCKr48aj0aP-pARkyeVIJitmuCboZu1oS-io6cIpyuofarErEexkLJwtAy4k70nvYK-gL6KwcXB88M6w23KSsrTzLzPMtAf0_vZE9lb34rhiOL36QLquuvu7Bjsiu_r8NX22vfX-ej60vsJ_kn-sw==?accountName=FERAGAMO&characterName=Spresli

Ty man

Zombies & Animate guardian with Minion Life and Fortify should be in a +2 Minion Helmet! (If you're looking for the best in the game I have that in my mirrorservice thread)
Pledge of Hands is better and allows you to get more minion damage jewels instead of mana regen nodes.
Both rings are lacking the 5-20%ES increase benchcraft.

Your skilltree:
You have speced 1 too many ES gain nodes right next to "Unnatural Calm" and if you switch to Pledge of Hands you can remove a lot of the mana regen nodes such as Quick Recovery, the extra mana regen at witch start and/or dreamer.

You have also speced into: "Written in Blood" remove those 2 points.

I hope this helped! :)

"
_Trekka wrote:
How much ES do you suggest having before doing Uber? I don't think with the buffs to mob hp in The Alluring Abyss that they will die extremely fast as they have before (I may be wrong)

I have 6.2k ES

I suggest having at least 8k+ but people can absolutely play with less, however the risk of dying increases significantly with less ES.

"
FERAGAMO wrote:

Spoiler

Ty man

Zombies & Animate guardian with Minion Life and Fortify should be in a +2 Minion Helmet! (If you're looking for the best in the game I have that in my mirrorservice thread)
Pledge of Hands is better and allows you to get more minion damage jewels instead of mana regen nodes.
Both rings are lacking the 5-20%ES increase benchcraft.

Your skilltree:
You have speced 1 too many ES gain nodes right next to "Unnatural Calm" and if you switch to Pledge of Hands you can remove a lot of the mana regen nodes such as Quick Recovery, the extra mana regen at witch start and/or dreamer.

You have also speced into: "Written in Blood" remove those 2 points.

I hope this helped! :)

"
_Trekka wrote:

I have 6.2k ES

I suggest having at least 8k+ but people can absolutely play with less, however the risk of dying increases significantly with less ES.

"
Iceclad wrote:
Greetings,

This is an interesting conversation about SRS dps, so thought to add my insights to the conversation also.

I'd have to say that you are wrong on the account of Multistrike.

First problem is that Culling Strike is not accurate in axazols calculator (it gives too much increased damage). Second problem is the formula which calculates Max Spirits. It gives too many active Spirits (especially problematic with Culling Strike). Both errors are in Data tab calculations.
If you want to easily check this then compare it to MatrixFactors calculator which gives pretty much correct results.

Actually with the current increased damage from jewels Culling Strike is not that good compared to many other gems. Still it's good enough and has 110% mana multiplier so I use it myself also.
Second problem is with Matrix calculator as there is no Pledge option (or I don't know how to use it) to give easy calculations, also it is missing Melee Damage on Full Life.
Third problem is that we don't know if wiki numbers are correct so our only choice for comparisons is to just use them. But then we don't know how level affects accuracy either (problem for Empower and +3 staff).

It's really hard to say is Pledge better than +3, but I'm also inclined to believe that it is for the reasons stated in this thread also. Although it's possible to do very mana efficient builds with +3 which are very good. Most probably it comes down to the build, auras and items one is using. Both are most probably almost as good. I use Pledge myself.
Just to try out the gems I did make a copy of Matrix calculator and made small changes to turn it to Pledge calculator and did tests with different kind of gem combinations with different end game settings.
Best single target peak DPS (with Pledge+anger+hatred+haste+high aura effect):
Multi/Minion Damage/MPD/MoFL/Increased Duration

Best Splash peak DPS (with Pledge+anger+hatred+haste+high aura effect):
Multi/Minion Damage/MPD/Increased Duration/Melee Splash

Are these the best combinations? Possibly not as the mana cost is very high, Increased Duration takes more time to build up and MoFL might not always work (Discipline helps a lot with this when mapping). Personally I use Culling Strike always because of 1.1 mana multiplier and do not use Increased Duration because of the slower build up time (well sometimes do in some boss fights in high end maps in groups).

But if you do all these calculations with Matrixes calculator with Pledge+anger+hatred+haste+high aura effect, you will find that Multistrike seems to be the second best dps increasing gem (and has the highest mana multiplier). In any case the build one is using does change many variables. On the other hand adding 1 more jewel is a bit better if mana is an issue (easier to do when not using Multistrike).

If you do not trust my calculations, you can ask either of the calculator creators to check it. I assume they can most probably verify these findings.

For Matrix if you happen to read this thread: Your mana use formula is wrong with Empower. You have (Empower lvl - 1)*1,25 as a multiplier, should always be 1.25 if I'm correct.

I had discussions with both MatrixFactor and Axazol, what you can not forget is that the gem lineup is minmaxed for boss kills such as Atziri.
Now with that in mind you might be thinking that Increased Duration would be an optimal gem, which it is, purely DPS wise. However, it does require you to cast for another 3 seconds before it starts getting better than other support gems. Which is the reason we are not using Increased Duration, on the other note it is possibly a great gem to use for open maps that allows your spirits to walk from group to group attacking.
Now, regarding Multistrike, it has the mana effeciency issue which would have to be calculated towards the extra gain of minion damage jewels vs mana/mana regen and/or mana cost reduction requirements even with a Pledge to sustain. The reason behind picking Culling Strike is because many are missing that detail "culling" you kill enemies when they have 10% HP left. This is a HUGE bonus when we are talking about killing bosses specially Atziri map bosses.

However, I would suggest switching Melee Splash for Melee Damage on Full Life, yes. But vs the Trio-Boss the risk of the spirits taking damage is way too high, so in that specific fight I would say Multistrike makes its entrance even if you cant sustain it 100%, you could use mana flask to sustain at least 95% of it for precasting then the fight is over.

Thank you everyone for providing feedback as well as your own insights on the build and what its displaying. Without criticism or feedback these type of builds would never emerge!

Would like to remind people that for non-advanced questions that are not specifically related to any build in this specific thread are directed to the Low Budget thread.
Thanks for the feedback. You are correct that Culling Strike has that Culling effect. Although it's easy to use 11% more multiplier or divide the end dps by 0,9 to get a good enough dps comparison from that. Matrix does that well in his calculator with 11% more multiplier. So that effect is counted. In my opinion the main reason to use Culling Strike is that 110% mana multiplier, which makes it the most mana efficient support. So less mana regen needed.

With everything else you said I agree with you 100%. Basically the same what I said about Increased Duration.

I normally count my needed mana regen with having Melee Splash on which is 160% mana. Multistrike is 180% mana so it's pretty close. Still that 20% gives small mana problems. It's best to never use Melee Splash and Multistrike at the same because of the mana multiplier.

For example with my (current) set up I lose some 0,8 max spirits because of mana issues with Melee Splash -> Multistrike. Which puts it just about exactly on the same level as Empower 4 (with wiki numbers again). Then again I have just about everything else except Empower 4, which I haven't bought because of this reason. Then again in some rare mapping situations Increased Duration can be used instead.

IGN Eilonway
IGN Daynendas
Well, I am actually using Melee Splash without being able to sustain it as the overall splash DPS is more effecient from my experience, at the level this gear is having you summon a few spirits pop flesh offering and run along so splash does a ton for you :)
Thanks for that hint. Never did actually think it from that perspective. Have to try it out also. I do play quite the same also. Running around and summoning few spirits and going to another place and again summon more spirits and occasionally popping flesh offering to help out. They kill most of the stuff so quickly.
IGN Eilonway
IGN Daynendas
Hi Ghazzy : Please see Corrections and tell me what I need to put gems in Items :
And what mods flask need

Spoiler

this my fixed Tree -
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAO4D7g18EVAXLxg8GFYZihqPGyUc3B0UHaodviL0JLAo-ipNKlMs6S2oL28zhzW5PydFnUZxSshLrkyzTblRTFH7UilTUlXWVeBXK1fJWFpZbVqRXGtcil-YX7BilWTnaqxr22wLbRlvnnC7e8N9GH1bf8aApILHgwmESITFhWCGs4qvjxqPRpARkyeYrZrgm6GbtaEvoqOnCKcrqH2qxKxHsZCycLQMuJO9J72CvoC-isHFwfPDOsNtykrK08y8zzLQH9P72RPZW9-K4YjpAuq66-7sGOyK7-v22vfX-ej60vsJ_kn-sw==?accountName=FERAGAMO&characterName=Spresli

ty man for help me
"
Iceclad wrote:
Thanks for that hint. Never did actually think it from that perspective. Have to try it out also. I do play quite the same also. Running around and summoning few spirits and going to another place and again summon more spirits and occasionally popping flesh offering to help out. They kill most of the stuff so quickly.

Once you have the type of gear or lvl of gems a high budget build expects you to have, you only summon max spirits vs bosses if even then! :)

"
FERAGAMO wrote:
Hi Ghazzy : Please see Corrections and tell me what I need to put gems in Items :
And what mods flask need

Spoiler

this my fixed Tree -
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAO4D7g18EVAXLxg8GFYZihqPGyUc3B0UHaodviL0JLAo-ipNKlMs6S2oL28zhzW5PydFnUZxSshLrkyzTblRTFH7UilTUlXWVeBXK1fJWFpZbVqRXGtcil-YX7BilWTnaqxr22wLbRlvnnC7e8N9GH1bf8aApILHgwmESITFhWCGs4qvjxqPRpARkyeYrZrgm6GbtaEvoqOnCKcrqH2qxKxHsZCycLQMuJO9J72CvoC-isHFwfPDOsNtykrK08y8zzLQH9P72RPZW9-K4YjpAuq66-7sGOyK7-v22vfX-ej60vsJ_kn-sw==?accountName=FERAGAMO&characterName=Spresli

ty man for help me

The skilltree looks perfect!

When it comes to the gems, check the guide where I've written down what gems to use in what combination and place them in to the gear where they'd fit the best. It is different from person to person.

You should obviously avoid having 4 Off-colors on a 4L item if you can. :)
Last edited by Ghazzy on Aug 14, 2015, 6:40:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info