2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

I just respeced and re-geared to the fakener build at lvl 64 with a 2.0 APS, 8.5 crit dagger, 5L-Voll's and casual other Gear, Result at the Docks: Everything I touch dies, but if anything touches me, I die xD

I totaly can see the potential here but guys: This is not a cheap build!! I'll gather my gear over the next days but the Stuff i need to cap res and get decent life is expensive. ...
"
Mathil wrote:

"
So when it comes to mjolner, I got 30ex laying around and I can buy it but I guess mjolner doesn't make a build, right? I need to go lowlife with shavs or lorica.
How would a normal mjolner build (disch-arc) look compared to this setup?
I wonder if it's better to get a 6l voll's or just mjolner.

I've never owned a Mjolner and haven't seen many builds (etups/rainbow nuke) around it so I can't draw a direct comparison. I'm biased when I say I think this build is better pound for pound. As far as I know that rainbow build takes a pretty insane investment regardless of the Mjolner but Etup's build or style of build is more about just having the Mjolner and is build more for HC which makes it a far better HC option than this build.

Ultimately, I don't know. You'll have to go look at a few Mjolner builds and decide where you want to go with your 30ex. At worst you can spend a few exalt to try the 5L version of this build because you'll get more than enough idea using a 5L on if you want to go further with the build.

Well I meant this build to be exact:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1073358
"
Darkith1546 wrote:

Just made this, not good rolls at all but I hope it's enough. Spent around 300 alterations and could not get two T1 rolls the entire time. Ending up settling for this right before I ran out. With the multi-mod cost changes Monday I knew I had to finish it now.

rip dagger. looks like this now. and for the rest of my gear...

time to find a new game.
"
Darkith1546 wrote:
"
Darkith1546 wrote:

Just made this, not good rolls at all but I hope it's enough. Spent around 300 alterations and could not get two T1 rolls the entire time. Ending up settling for this right before I ran out. With the multi-mod cost changes Monday I knew I had to finish it now.

rip dagger. looks like this now. and for the rest of my gear...

time to find a new game.

Why would you even corrupt them.

i think diamond flasks could help while youre not critting enough!

some ideas:

taking blood drinker seems not really efficient, you should go directly to acrobatics and fill out the life wheel instead:

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAl5dFfLQ4-_XlGYw2YeJVSxa_JpWkkROeXfJ-M3BSidNw1SoL1CMFtf_eJP3nVFFHjb_Win8rMHxNkiP2jX2aE3BWkBsRlg5I29R3B4cTnKRvnspKwzqbtVM1D6uDCX1brEdRTErIPycqTbXybqrYvTWShxlsFvxLJ-3E9jwtxq63Pv4KrKrlz5J9mG9Z8xRN8B_Fiq9sTP-iAO98gzh-vZf-wONLV_Gzp4SQVcAaGjhjQylP7DiFfYKbmK0o-oLH-ehBhyLq6NamV03j_o864fJF

another thing, have you considered going over to the witch area? It also provides some increased area nodes, and the new flask nodes would give +30% efficency of flasks, giving you +13% max resists instead of 10%, along with +12%increased duration. together with inner force, you would get 75+5(purity+inner force+athletism)+4(saffells)+13 = 97% max lightning resist and 98% (barbarism) max fire. A jade flask would also be much more efficent.

It is a little more costly in points, and has a little less life:
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA5Rm0OPv1l5dFfIw2JpVh4lVLFr_UIwW16NYPq9aKfyswfFFHjb99W6xHUUzKSsM6m7VTNSpN2L01krXybqpKyD8n_gqYrSj6gsf56EGHtz5q-g5cRX5MswQHPV9SU5eVVcaD2zpYhxlsFvxLJ-3E9jwtxq5QMKSRE55d8n4zcFKJ03DVY0MOSMDjS1fxs2-edweHE5ykTZIj9o19_94k_edU5c-SfZhvWfOsqpBVwBqFfRo4p4SCmylP7Dh-vZf-gwmaE3BWkBsRltvUIuqio3_GwfMtH5Ug8kX-j8aeEH8MfQ==

with a legacy saffles and empower lvl3 on corrupted 21 purities, it would be even 99%/100% max resist! heading over to annatural calm would make you also lighting immune, but ok, just theorycrafting again here.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
your build looks really cool! but i only play hardcore so i took a swing at your tree and tried to make it hardcore viable. it has a little more life, some more evasion and even a little more crit chance
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73ruDvajo4qvpyP2LOlNko19FSAwfCpNfytRRz8n1ornVI2_Ssgk_QW1bqrC7NQj6Na18rTFmyY1kmKsMgHYvZ2qbIyyGf4KNj3Perc-44Rh68auDkh6UzwtY0Nd8hGWxPZM_3DVfjOQGyftr2yJ06SRcFb8S6yqxYpwUhOemhNsFnKpWfPwH4w229SHGfcymG_AGqIA5RlVS-oYkn2QVRRNtDhh4jBU5c-nhIM4-_UmlT0-GjjvfJeX3CPsOEV8P5spT4V9gpuX_n69
Last edited by MaZZeL on Oct 2, 2014, 10:36:49 AM
When can i switch into this build at what level do you recommend if you wanna start as soon as possible?

Got a 5L vol's waiting for me
Hi Mathil ,

First off I gotta say you are a brilliant theory crafter. Not just that, you actually spend the time building these characters. Awesome job !

Now, this is my second try at one of your builds (after Buzzsaw build got nerfed) and I have a few thoughts I'd like to share:

- I started the build at lvl 50ish (had a shadow laying around respecced) and went full on Discharger.
I gotta say, if you have a good crit dagger you can play from lvl 50+ easy, melting almost everything.
- I'm lvl 68 now and after experimenting around I found that EE is only good if you don't have other elemental modifiers on your gear, like lightning damage on your dagger which makes the discharge do very little damage. So I saved some 5 points in that area.
- After I put Doryani's belt on, nothing changed in terms of life leech. Maybe the damage is too low or I need more spell damage, or more life leech. I'll put some life leech after I get Catarina to lvl 6. Until then, life flasks are a must.
- Spent about 10 ex on this build so far. About 3 ex went into crafting an ilvl 79 Ambusher, with not much luck. I think crit chance is the most important skill to have at first. I'm currently at about 51% crit chance without charges, but I have more crit nodes to pick up until lvl 85ish.
- I'm also running 2 auras and Herald of Ice (spell/aura whatever it is). Can switch two different setups on helm and gloves to either run Purity of Fire or Lightning along with Grace and Herald of Ice. At lvl 20 reduced mana I can run Grace with the two Purity auras, if needed.
- I don't think this build is HC viable, due to heavy desync.

So, here's my gear. If you have any thoughts on what to improve, feel free to reply.

Cheers
"
Pjey wrote:
When can i switch into this build at what level do you recommend if you wanna start as soon as possible?

Got a 5L vol's waiting for me

I think about low 60s should be a good time to swap. Others are reporting success earlier on so I dno tbh, it could be good enough before 60 too.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
cmphx wrote:

some ideas:

taking blood drinker seems not really efficient, you should go directly to acrobatics and fill out the life wheel instead:

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAl5dFfLQ4-_XlGYw2YeJVSxa_JpWkkROeXfJ-M3BSidNw1SoL1CMFtf_eJP3nVFFHjb_Win8rMHxNkiP2jX2aE3BWkBsRlg5I29R3B4cTnKRvnspKwzqbtVM1D6uDCX1brEdRTErIPycqTbXybqrYvTWShxlsFvxLJ-3E9jwtxq63Pv4KrKrlz5J9mG9Z8xRN8B_Fiq9sTP-iAO98gzh-vZf-wONLV_Gzp4SQVcAaGjhjQylP7DiFfYKbmK0o-oLH-ehBhyLq6NamV03j_o864fJF

I actually did this a couple days ago when I had enough int on my gear to drop that 10 int node. It's a bit more efficient, yes.

Updated trees in guide.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Last edited by Mathil on Oct 2, 2014, 1:42:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info