The Cold Cannon [HC] Projectile CoCS Wand ~ Avoidance / Flask / Coil / Resistance Tank

"
iao wrote:
Ah nice! I'm glad to know you're enjoying it. I'm sure you'll enjoy the leveling process, as skill tree points and good gear makes a huge difference in the power of the build. :)

Perhaps you'll prefer Power Siphon over Barrage for the PCoC setup. It takes less time, it has Culling Strike for bosses (so you can replace GMP with Item Rarity), and if you cull an enemy it'll give you another Power Charge so that can be helpful.

I'll be updating the first post with more information on the dual Herald setup changes involving Alpha Howl and etc. soon. This'll come with the full details on the gem setup because the changes are interconnected.

I tried it with Power Syphin, and also with Frenzy. Problem is that I only really use it as basically a last resort to not lose charges, and with the 50% top on PCoC I still lost them half the time. Barrage/LMP iis good for the same reason you use it for damage - you get Lita of roll checks with a single use, so it almost always works the first time.

Still, I think the first currency I dump will be on a chest piece. I'm debating between a simple tabula or for about 1ex extra a 5L Voll's. I think I'm leaning toward the Volls at the moment but I'm not sure.
"
reskone wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1080932

what do you think about this way to play CoC ?
A friend wanna try it but it seems for me that the survivability looks low on this build, can u give me your opinions since u know better than me ^^ ?

That build is certainly good and less expensive to get high damage with. The survivability really isn't comparable though-- this build has an incredible stack of defenses.

It's also worth pointing out that the damage ceiling is higher with this build if you choose the softcore version. This is because the use of both Herald of Thunder and Herald of Ice and a higher focus on critical strike multiplier. Before Herald of Thunder they had the same damage potential though, I think.

I don't advertise the use of Righteous Fire but it should be much easier to maintain with this build considering the near-100% maximum fire resistances with a Ruby Flask and highly potent life flasks.

So really it just depends on how high of a budget you have and how skillful you are as a player. This build is obviously quite expensive if you get all the optimal items and puts high focus on using flasks with great timing.

"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:

I tried it with Power Syphin, and also with Frenzy. Problem is that I only really use it as basically a last resort to not lose charges, and with the 50% top on PCoC I still lost them half the time. Barrage/LMP iis good for the same reason you use it for damage - you get Lita of roll checks with a single use, so it almost always works the first time.

Still, I think the first currency I dump will be on a chest piece. I'm debating between a simple tabula or for about 1ex extra a 5L Voll's. I think I'm leaning toward the Volls at the moment but I'm not sure.

I looked at the PCoC wiki page and realized I forgot that the chance rolls per hit rather than only once per skill use. So yeah, Barrage should definitely be a more reliable skill.

I definitely recommend using a Tabula Rasa instead of a Voll's Protector. The 50% reduced maximum mana is pretty hurtful with this build and Power Charge on Critical is just as reliable for Power Charges. Plus you'll never have to recolor your sockets, and if you want you can even buy one with a beneficial corruption.
same name in-game
I'm not stacking all that many auras - right now just Grace and Herald of Thunder. I have purities I can switch in if I really need them but haven't really as all I've been doing is Piety running. After playing with it I think HoI is just flat beat out by HoT even for a cold build, sadly, and I don't see a compelling need for both.

I suppose I don't gain much off voll's other than the option to run Cold Snap anyway though, and in maps with high density I could swap the PCoC back out for another gem like life leech and use the setup I do now so it would be a lot more flexible. May need to go buy a tabula I guess.
Thx for answer, btw do u have some video of your build ?

I never reached late game i died doing some random docks then i decided to try this corrupted room and the mob was damn op i didnt have the oos maccro yet so i died
I'll make a video once I level up my Herald of Thunder to 18 or 19. It should take a few days.
same name in-game
"
iao wrote:
I'll make a video once I level up my Herald of Thunder to 18 or 19. It should take a few days.

Alsa want to watch vid :)
Hey guys, sorry about the lack of an update. I was playing other games for awhile until the expansion was released.

I'm happy to say that this build is virtually unchanged by 1.3 other than the change to Lightning Coil.
same name in-game
"
iao wrote:
Hey guys, sorry about the lack of an update. I was playing other games for awhile until the expansion was released.

I'm happy to say that this build is virtually unchanged by 1.3 other than the change to Lightning Coil.

One thing to note is that you WILL run into cooldown issues with very high barrage attack speeds - if your attack time is lower than .34-.35 seconds, you'll be cutting your throughput in half.

Probably bot an issue for most, but it is a huge deal if it does affect you.
Last edited by C0Y0T3_SLY on Dec 18, 2014, 1:45:45 PM
Hi all,

I have been a long time user of a spec like this.

Since i don't need the 1% leech on the wand since i use doryani belt I have a free affix available..

How do you think that tora's "Attack projectile returns to you" will work in a barrage CoC build?

Theorically while getting back they can hit more target and proc more CoC, can't they?

Of course I know it will not work on spell since they are not "attack projectile"

Has anybody tried this?
"
Viriniul wrote:
Hi all,

I have been a long time user of a spec like this.

Since i don't need the 1% leech on the wand since i use doryani belt I have a free affix available..

How do you think that tora's "Attack projectile returns to you" will work in a barrage CoC build?

Theorically while getting back they can hit more target and proc more CoC, can't they?

Of course I know it will not work on spell since they are not "attack projectile"

Has anybody tried this?

Pierce/return is kind of like chain in that you get a lot more hits. The problem is you can push right down to hitting the CoC .05s cooldown even without any of those extra rolls. It probably would have been okay previously, but I doubt it's worth it now, and would have been better on a bow version that stacked pierce anyway.
Last edited by C0Y0T3_SLY on Dec 24, 2014, 2:05:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info