Ranger build questions [skills, tree]

Hi,
I Would like to ask about my Ranger build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEFLQW1BfkILgxfDjwUIBRxGJEY2xkuGY4cpyFgIXYi6iU_JbwnLyftKlss6TBxMHwyfjKUNro26DpCOlI6szwtPfxAoEM2S3hOKlBHUUdS7FOlVbVW-lcNWGNYr1oaW69fP2FSapNsFm6XcaF08XfXefZ_An8rhmCGzocZhymMz42_j0-VBZsmm42ezaEioaSiQKSspuCnMKfUq9Kv67EwtQi2Qbc-vJ_AD8EEwTPC7MSixPbGrs3q0iHUI9Xt1orYvdlh2cbajdwV3Q3dqN-_4dvjn-jW7YPvDu9O8i_ynPT49kj3vvxL_MX-Cv7I

+314 to Strength
+312 to Dexterity
+14 to Intelligence
+47 to maximum Mana
+281 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
+3 Maximum Endurance Charge
+4 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
114.4% increased Evasion Rating
8% increased Attack Speed
117% increased maximum Life
40% increased Accuracy Rating
57% increased Projectile Damage
20% increased Projectile Speed
229% increased Physical Damage with Bows
12% increased Attack Speed with Bows
13% increased Movement Speed
130% increased Critical Strike Chance with Bows
30% Chance to Dodge Attacks. 50% less Armour and Energy Shield
10% additional chance to Dodge Attacks
40% chance of Projectiles Piercing
10% increased Accuracy Rating with Bows
30% Chance to Dodge Spell Damage
Doubles chance to Evade Projectile Attacks
10% reduced Enemy Stun Threshold with Bows
20% increased Stun Duration with Bows on enemies
Knocks Back enemies if you get a Critical Strike with a Bow
32% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
4.3% of Life Regenerated per Second
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour
The increase to Physical Damage from Strength applies to Projectile Attacks as well as Melee Attacks
Removes all mana. Spend Life instead of Mana for Skills
60% less Mana Reserved
Enemies Cannot Leech Life From You
54% increased Armour
+30 Life gained on Kill
3% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life
+4 Life gained for each enemy hit by your Attacks
+1% to maximum Fire Resistance
+8% to Fire Resistance
15% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
+15% to all Elemental Resistances
+2.8% Energy Shield
+62.8% increased Melee Physical Damage
+624 Accuracy Rating

I want to ask:
- If i need more max HP?
- should I take that "King of the Hill" crit chance 3 points?
- to much evasion?
- what skills with what support gems should I use for this build for single target dmg and what for multi target dmg??
- other ideas?

"
capter wrote:
- If i need more max HP?

Definitely. If that's your level 100 build, which you will likely never get to, then you should be aiming for +150% life at the very minimum. I've never had a level 100 character though, so I don't know exactly how much would be best.

Don't plan for level 100. Plan for level 70, 80, 85, and maybe 90.

"
capter wrote:
- should I take that "King of the Hill" crit chance 3 points?

That depends on what you're aiming for. I find that, if you are aiming for solid crit chance, it is quite an efficient cluster of nodes.

"
capter wrote:
- too much evasion?

Aim for more life instead. Also, you went for several Armour nodes, yet picked up Acrobatics. This is generally not a good idea - aim for straight Evasion so you don't lose half your physical defence.

"
capter wrote:
- what skills with what support gems should I use for this build for single target dmg and what for multi target dmg??

It's better to pick your skill gems first, then plan a passive tree around them. However, if you theorycraft a decent passive tree first and want to know what will go well with it, think about what your tree is doing. You picked up a decent amount of physical damage and a bit of crit. You picked up pierce. You picked up an extra Frenzy node. Perhaps try using Split Arrow for groups and Frenzy for single targets.

"
capter wrote:
- other ideas?

My first idea is: don't use this passive tree! Have a look through the Ranger Builds Compendium to get an idea of how to build Archers, and maybe even start with one of the (already thoroughly tested) builds that are available.

Understand that you WILL screw up your first few characters in some way (my apologies if you already have several characters over 60 - I'm making an assumption based on your tree that you are new!).

When designing builds, look at several different passive trees that are similar, but different. You may not have noticed the first (or second) time around that you were inefficient with certain node clusters, or you could have picked up more stats for the same amount of points by going an entirely different route.
First of all I wanned to thank You for Your quick and comprehensive answer. Im new in that game and just trying to have some decent build to play.

"
SponTen wrote:
"
capter wrote:
- If i need more max HP?

Definitely. If that's your level 100 build, which you will likely never get to, then you should be aiming for +150% life at the very minimum. I've never had a level 100 character though, so I don't know exactly how much would be best.

Don't plan for level 100. Plan for level 70, 80, 85, and maybe 90.

Ok, didn't knew that its so hard to get 100.

"
SponTen wrote:
"
capter wrote:
- too much evasion?

Aim for more life instead. Also, you went for several Armour nodes, yet picked up Acrobatics. This is generally not a good idea - aim for straight Evasion so you don't lose half your physical defence.

Yes, i took that armor nodes cuz i wanned to overcome the downsides of acrobatics. I wanned badly to have Phase Acrobatics. It would help me with my lack of magic resistance.

"
SponTen wrote:
"
capter wrote:

It's better to pick your skill gems first, then plan a passive tree around them. However, if you theorycraft a decent passive tree first and want to know what will go well with it, think about what your tree is doing. You picked up a decent amount of physical damage and a bit of crit. You picked up pierce. You picked up an extra Frenzy node. Perhaps try using Split Arrow for groups and Frenzy for single targets.

I didn't know that too. I definitely want to use Ice Shot but i don't know if it should be for single target or multi target dmg. Then maybe Haste or Hatred aura, or maybe Vitality aura. I aim for Armor and Evasion gear.

"
SponTen wrote:
"
capter wrote:
- other ideas?

My first idea is: don't use this passive tree! Have a look through the Ranger Builds Compendium to get an idea of how to build Archers, and maybe even start with one of the (already thoroughly tested) builds that are available.

Understand that you WILL screw up your first few characters in some way (my apologies if you already have several characters over 60 - I'm making an assumption based on your tree that you are new!).

When designing builds, look at several different passive trees that are similar, but different. You may not have noticed the first (or second) time around that you were inefficient with certain node clusters, or you could have picked up more stats for the same amount of points by going an entirely different route.

I got 3 characters on 30 lvl. Im newbie :D And its ok i rly thank You for support. I dont want same builds like everyone else, LA archer. I aim for Ice shot ranger with armor and evasion that mainly aims for pchysical dmg, loads of HP, HP regen and lifesteal. Its for solo play.

I got 1 important question, i read a lot of forum treads from yesterday but i can't find answer wchich ranger skill will do most physical dmg?
Last edited by capter on Sep 24, 2014, 6:40:40 AM
For pure physical damage your best bet imo would be Puncture. At level 20 it is doing 76% increased physical damage. Plus they bleed for more damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info