[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
azuazu wrote:
I play this build aswell and i use cleave+multistrike and i gotta say its amazing, while the damage isnt all that super-high you spend HP for one time and leech back for 3 hits so it definently lets you spam it. and with the recent update that sets life leech to 5% at lvl 1 i can see it being even better in terms of just surviving

Thanks for sharing your experience! Yes, this is a very survivable build indeed. I would probably put life gain on hit with your cleave multistrike combo as well (you probably already have it on there but just in case). I'd say I would prefer life gain on hit over the life leech support gem. The Blood Drinker node on the passive skill tree + whatever you end up with on gear should be enough leech and it's not instant whereas life gain on hit is, and since you are hitting so fast it's very effective with cleave when you have leveled the gem up.
I updated the original post with additional info regarding skill gems and an example of the linked items needed for the build.
I tried with life on hit and comes out its better, i can now survive packs with rare mobs in them without chugging 1/3rd of my flasks. Also i obtained Crest of perandus buckler that grants me 40% block and i was thinking that maybe i should drop some of the block nodes, specifically near the Berserking node and put them into marauder starting HP nodes right after the Diamond skin there.

Also my current gear at lvl 50

Any sort of feed back on what could use a change is highly welcomed
Last edited by azuazu on May 11, 2013, 8:04:29 AM
"
azuazu wrote:

Also my current gear at lvl 50

Any sort of feed back on what could use a change is highly welcomed

Looks great for your level!

I'd try a melee physical damage support gem instead of the weapon elemental damage gem with cleave. I suspect when you have both leveled up to the same level that the melee physical damage gem will pull ahead for DPS.

I see you have hatred on the helmet but I don't foresee ever using it with this build unless you get reduced reserved nodes on the passive tree and we can't spare the points for that. I use determination for armour, purity for resists and tempest shield + elemental proliferation for blocking and added damage and that's all she wrote for the mana globe.

You will need a blood magic support gem linked with your grace gem as I don't see a lot of +mana on your gear. I'd suggest not leveling up grace any further so it won't reserve too much of your life.
In other news, I tried crafting some helmets and a chest yesterday - no luck:

The above two helmets are not too bad, but not worth spending the orbs to 4 link it (life is absolutely required). And I don't need minion benefits of course.

*gag*

I also crafted some prismatic rings:

Not much luck there either. Oh well. :) I'll craft a few more then probably trade the 5 worst ones to a vendor for another chance (5 rare prismatic rings = 1 unidentified rare prismatic ring).
Last edited by Sovyn on May 11, 2013, 8:33:52 PM
Made it to level 66 and am now busily farming Lunaris Temple level 3.

Some of the better base items for crafting seem to be dropping here since the area level was increased to 68.

For example -

I think Astral Plate might be a tad better though due to having a resistance bonus.
I just defeated Brutus solo in Cruel HC, it was hilarious!

Since I'm using Lightning Strike, I was able to keep a certain distance from him but, from time to time, he caught me with his chain attack only to be blocked and zapped by the Tempest Shield :)

Also, I'm using the Stone of Lazhwar. Gotta say it's pretty good, especially in areas like Chamber of Sins or The Prison that have lots of magic enemies.

Wish me luck, I'm gonna try to take down Merveil solo ;)
IGN: Ignacius
Last edited by GuilhermeHQ on May 13, 2013, 3:35:07 PM
"
GuilhermeHQ wrote:
I just defeated Brutus solo in Cruel HC, it was hilarious!

Since I'm using Lightning Strike, I was able to keep a certain distance from him but, from time to time, he caught me with his chain attack only to be blocked and zapped by the Tempest Shield :)

Also, I'm using the Stone of Lazhwar. Gotta say it's pretty good, especially in areas like Chamber of Sins or The Prison that have lots of magic enemies.

Wish me luck, I'm gonna try to take down Merveil solo ;)

Good luck!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

As a quick update for today, I killed Kole in merciless - I found it best to circle him constantly and hit him occasionally in the back. I don't have much life on my equipment yet, so I found that Kole actually only hits me very rarely (maybe three times total) if I'm constantly circling him. It was easy once I figured that out.
Last edited by Sovyn on May 13, 2013, 3:59:55 PM
I was able to defeat Merveil solo in Cruel HC yesterday :)

With 80% cold res, it's easy to avoid being chilled or frozen by her ice spears.
The main problem was her melee attack in the first form, it took almost 1/2 HP in one swing (I had around 1.2k).

Other than that I just had to open a portal to refill flasks and come back to defeat the second form, it's pretty easy with Lighting Strike since it spreads and kills her summons while giving flasks charges.
IGN: Ignacius
Last edited by GuilhermeHQ on May 14, 2013, 2:30:22 PM
"
GuilhermeHQ wrote:
I was able to defeat Merveil solo in Cruel HC yesterday :)

Good job!

As with any build, we need to focus on having a large life pool to absorb the occasional hit that gets past our defenses. :) I find that 2.2k life (my current total) is really not quite enough in merciless. It's enough to take on single monsters, but with a pack of 3 or 4 champions things can get hairy (of course I'm for the most part uneventfully farming a level 68 area so take that for what it's worth.) But for HC were there is a zero mistake tolerance, we are going to need substantially more to do what I'm doing.... 4K+ I'd guess. Those that choose a semi-ranged attack may be able to skate by with a little less though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info