[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
FrostyBurny wrote:

is there a revised version of your build cause it seem to have been nerfed badly on the block or am i loading something wrong.

Please Advice

Are you doing the budget build? With that you need a rumi's to get to 65 spell block. Uber build, you need Blue Nightmare and you'll max it at least on standard because the of lagacy reckless defence. Leagues, maybe 72%

You can also get a regular non corrupted stone of lazhwar and anoint for Deflection for 4 spell block. I haven't gotten around to it. leagues max spell block for uber build then.
hello Sovyn
using this build in the delirium league and it has been great so far. up to level 86 and starting my push through maps.

I found what looks to be a perfect large cluster jewel for this build but it takes up a lot of skill points and trying to figure out the best nodes to subtract from your suggested build

jewel has 9 nodes, 6 small and 3 named passives

the 6 small nodes each add 12% added attack damage when holding a shield

the other 3 nodes are
strike leader - 30% attack damage when holding shield, +2 attack range and +2% to block attacks

prodigious defense - 30% attack damage when holding shield and +3% to block both spell and attack damage

heavy hitter - 30% attack damage when holding shield, 10% reduced stun threshold, 20% for double stun duration and 30% increased damage from ailments from attack skills

I also just bought a blue nightmare but haven't leveled up to start building out to that jewel node. would it be worth removing some of the large jewel cluster damage to get the increased spell block first

appreciate suggestions on what to replace
Last edited by kendo3 on Apr 29, 2020, 1:52:16 PM
just had a prismweave belt drop that, in game dps shows about an 8% increase over the meginord's I am using. how accurate is that or does the +physical on meginords start ramping up with static strike beams or something?

it does cost me about 100 life but I pretty much never die with the map levels I am running currently. as long as I don't die more often, would think an almost 10% gain in damage would help clear speed

am I overlooking something ?
Hi all!
first of all, I would thank Sovyn for this guide, because i picked it almost randomly as a first time build and first time playing PoE, and being so noob friendly written helped me very much enjoying the game!

Second, as a newbie I've some questions:

Any Pantheon suggestions?
I was thinking about Soul of Lunaris or Soul of Arakaali for major god, and maybe the second could be better used; and Soul of Shakari or Soul of Tukohama as minor, but I don't know which is better.

I've equipped both the Reckoning-Curse on Hit-Enfeeble-Vengeance and the Riposte-Vengeance-Endurance Charge on Melee Stun-Stun counter attacks gems. Do they work good well toghter or should I swap one of them with another gem, like a totem one?

Maybe I will ask also some advices to my gear (I've bought some equip and i hope I understood well the guide), but I think I've already asked enough for a first post :D
"

I've equipped both the Reckoning-Curse on Hit-Enfeeble-Vengeance and the Riposte-Vengeance-Endurance Charge on Melee Stun-Stun counter attacks gems. Do they work good well toghter or should I swap one of them with another gem, like a totem one?

You'll need the totem too, luckily you have three 4-link items (if not, go do it!).

No point having two vengeance, they share a cooldown timer.

That's what I settled on currently.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
FrostyBurny wrote:

is there a revised version of your build cause it seem to have been nerfed badly on the block or am i loading something wrong.

Please Advice

Are you doing the budget build? With that you need a rumi's to get to 65 spell block. Uber build, you need Blue Nightmare and you'll max it at least on standard because the of lagacy reckless defence. Leagues, maybe 72%

You can also get a regular non corrupted stone of lazhwar and anoint for Deflection for 4 spell block. I haven't gotten around to it. leagues max spell block for uber build then.

Hi Sovyn, thanks for this build. I am currently sitting at 68% Attack Block and 65% Spell Block. I'm guessing to achieve the 75% you have for your Uber build I would have to still run Rumi's? And finding a corrupted Stone of Lazhwar with additional Spell Block is on my to do list.

Thanks.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"

You'll need the totem too, luckily you have three 4-link items (if not, go do it!).

No point having two vengeance, they share a cooldown timer.

That's what I settled on currently.

oh thank you, I knew I've missed something :D
I think i will swap the totem with the enfeblee counter attack because of the gem colors.
Fortunately I have the 3 4-link items because I've tryed to follow as much as I could your guide.

obviously the helmet is not a suggested one but i liked it :D

another quick question...I've tryed a low level elemental damage reflection with a friend before reading in the faq that i had to change attack gem...and I died terribly in that map :D
As I'm using tectonic slam as primary attack I would try earthquake for that kind of map (at least i would try again that map type one more time), with less duration supp, concentrated effect/increase aoe supp, multistrike and increased melee...any suggestions on what could I take as 6th gem for that kind of maps?
"
NeonBrown wrote:
And finding a corrupted Stone of Lazhwar with additional Spell Block is on my to do list.

Thanks.

These days anointing lazhwar is better than corrupting. Go for deflection

https://poedb.tw/us/skilltree.php?n=Deflection
Frist of all thanks for the build, i'm new in game and i'm following your guide, i'm loving the build, i'm so tank bloking much damage now i have 75% block attack and 70% block spell damage , but i'm having problem with damage,
I am missing damage because it takes me a long time to clear the maps in t10 or higher, if you can help me with some tip to increase my damage, here is my build by now https://pastebin.com/t8qfm3Pj.
thank you in advance for your attention.
"
eu447 wrote:
Frist of all thanks for the build, i'm new in game and i'm following your guide, i'm loving the build, i'm so tank bloking much damage now i have 75% block attack and 70% block spell damage , but i'm having problem with damage,
I am missing damage because it takes me a long time to clear the maps in t10 or higher, if you can help me with some tip to increase my damage, here is my build by now https://pastebin.com/t8qfm3Pj.
thank you in advance for your attention.

Hi! I have similar problems with damage, but I'm playing with the tectonic slam setup, so my suggestion could not work.
I've done some test with with PoB (I've found out 2 days ago that the create custom item is compatible with the copy item from the trade page) and found out that with this sceptre

I have 12k more dps than the doryani's catalist, and it cost me "only" 50 chaos, with more currency i've found also something better.
Maybe you could find some rare item that can boost more youre damage!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info