[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
Yes, it may be a bit of an upgrade for you. Try it and see.

I'd still stay with blade flurry though.

Ye i love the flurry I wasn't going to switch it, are you telling me this guys setup is made for the earthquake or can I have same items and gem setup but keep blade flurry?

And what about the weapon, is this mace a good choice, or better to use foil with exceptional sword nodes in passive tree?
Last edited by Shoxu on May 13, 2017, 1:49:26 PM
"
Shoxu wrote:
Ye i love the flurry I wasn't going to switch it, are you telling me this guys setup is made for the earthquake or can I have same items and gem setup but keep blade flurry?

And what about the weapon, is this mace a good choice, or better to use foil with exceptional sword nodes in passive tree?

Blade Flurry only works with dagger, claw, sword. I recommend a sword unless you can get a dagger that is much better. It's very expensive to get a sword better than a Scaeva because of the 60% crit when in main hand and probably some crit multiplier from green sockets, which makes it better than its 280 pdps. I would guess you'd need at least 350 pdps with 6.5 crit, to beat it.

However, if you can get a 400 pdps mace as in the example you gave, then it may be worth switching skills.

Good rares are so much more currency than uniques.
"
Sovyn wrote:
It's very expensive to get a sword better than a Scaeva because of the 60% crit when in main hand and probably some crit multiplier from green sockets, which makes it better than its 280 pdps.

Wait... So Scaeva socket bonus counts all green sockets you have on your equipment, or only sword sockets?

By the way, this guy is using Belly of the Beast and bonus evasion in his helmet, should I go same way and forget about ES?

And what does Enlighten actually do?
Last edited by Shoxu on May 13, 2017, 5:14:02 PM
"
Shoxu wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
It's very expensive to get a sword better than a Scaeva because of the 60% crit when in main hand and probably some crit multiplier from green sockets, which makes it better than its 280 pdps.

Wait... So Scaeva socket bonus counts all green sockets you have on your equipment, or only sword sockets?

By the way, this guy is using Belly of the Beast and bonus evasion in his helmet, should I go same way and forget about ES?

And what does Enlighten actually do?

Only the green sockets on the sword count. I have two greens on my scaeva so that's 20% multiplier.

With The Surrender there is no need for energy shield. High armour or ev/ar hybrid. It's debatable if it's better than Aegis or not.

For years there was a support gem called reduced mana that worked on auras it it was required by every build in the game. Basically it made the auras reserve less mana so you could use more of them at the same time. It was very powerful. They took that away and replaced it with a much more difficult gem to obtain and level, and called that Enlighten. It's also not as god as the old reduced mana, but it helps you squeeze in another small mana reserving skill like arctic armour or another herald.
"
Sovyn wrote:
I have two greens on my scaeva so that's 20% multiplier.

Ehh, that's why I'd love to see an update of the build... You seem to walk other way then the build origin. I have all red sockets on Scaeva same as your Bino's had in Premium setup.

By the way, the first thing that actually got me here was Ice Crash, I really love that skill, can I use it? I mean jackal917 with Surrender/Belly of the Beast, he's using Earthquake, can I use Ice Crash with the same gear setup?

If yes, what would be the 6L gem setup for Ice Crash?

Also if I choose to go with Surrender would I have to change anything on passive skill tree?
Last edited by Shoxu on May 14, 2017, 7:36:48 AM
Awesome build! Hard to die, having real fun in SSF league! Thx m8!
"
Shoxu wrote:
By the way, the first thing that actually got me here was Ice Crash, I really love that skill, can I use it? I mean jackal917 with Surrender/Belly of the Beast, he's using Earthquake, can I use Ice Crash with the same gear setup?

If yes, what would be the 6L gem setup for Ice Crash?

Also if I choose to go with Surrender would I have to change anything on passive skill tree?

One of the nice things about the build is that you can use almost any skill. Ice crash clears fast, but puts you at additional risk due to melee range and elemental reflect.

The 6 link gems should be mentioned in the guide.

"
My recommended Ice Crash support combination for Bringer of Rain is: Increased Area of Effect - Physical to Lightning - Weapon Elemental Damage. For 6-link chest or Tabula, simply add Melee Physical Damage and Faster Attacks.

No changes for surrender.
Last edited by Sovyn on May 14, 2017, 3:13:36 PM
Damn, so I've tried those guys setup with Arctic Armour, but I have like 61 mana left (even with lvl 3 Enlighten) I can barely attack... How do theee guys play like that...
"
Shoxu wrote:
Damn, so I've tried those guys setup with Arctic Armour, but I have like 61 mana left (even with lvl 3 Enlighten) I can barely attack... How do theee guys play like that...

Well, he did have mana leech on his gloves as well, which might help. 61 should be enough as 6L blade flurry only costs 12 mana, but you would have to make sure to not attack when a monster is not actually there, or you won't leech and might not have mana for the next attack. So it would require more player precision than the default build to add the third aura. Also, putting the movement skill on blood magic support may help. This wouldn't work well with aegis (melee damage on full life), but with surrender it might be the solution.
Here is my current gear:

Spoiler

I switched Blind Support for Mana Leech and it's fine now. That Blind Support I don't know maybe it is good, but that 10% chance is really low I barely blind a mob they all die before, even on my last uber izaro fight I couldn't manage to blind him before he was down... And jackal was right, the character is really tanky now... Sometimes I can't even summon my golem -.- Even when I go afk mobs getting killed by Surrender, that Reckoning skill is really something...

And I finally got this bastard easy with 6 chests full of crap...

And here are my stats:
Spoiler

I still miss some damage and also can't figure out how to get 75% spell block. Also how the hell that guy with legacy Aegis got maxed out 75% block and spell block chances without tempest shield?

Also Im thinking about sword like this isn't this better then Scaeva?

One thing you're deffinaetly right is that Main Hand Crit Chance, when I switch scaeva to other hand my total global crit chance goes down from 30 to 20... That's a huge loss.
Last edited by Shoxu on May 15, 2017, 9:50:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info