[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Tilawin5 wrote:
At poe.trade I found a Bringer of Rain with "25% increased blade flurry damage", there is also increased blade flurry area of effect.
It sounds very good to me, is it worth the 1ex? And is increased damage or increased AOE better?

An increased damage mod is minor. It may add a couple hundred damage. The AOE may be better, for clearing. In the past, AOE size was king for map clearing speed. Since the AOE changes in 2.6, I don't know if that is still true, but probably so to a certain extent (diminishing returns and all that).

Bottom line, a helm enchant is a minor tweak and only worth 1ex if that is pocket change to you.
Thanks a lot Sovyn :-) So no helm enchant for my little paladin.
"
Tilawin5 wrote:
Thanks a lot Sovyn :-) So no helm enchant for my little paladin.

If it so happens that you get something decent farming the lab, it's a nice little perk. Example, herald of ash damage, tempest shield damage, riposte/reckoning/vengeance damage/cooldown, etc., anything pertinent. I haven't had the patience to farm it myself though. I wonder if selling the Bringers that you 'make' and don't need would be useful to others. Good luck!
Would be amazing if someone could list all of the gems that aren't supposed to go to top level so I don't over-level any of them.
"
Kaerthon wrote:
Would be amazing if someone could list all of the gems that aren't supposed to go to top level so I don't over-level any of them.

Cast When Damage Taken (1)
Tempest Shield (7)
Blood Rage (7)
Summon Ice Golem (3)

Assuming budget setup
Thanks for the reply! Loving this build. I'm going to have about 2ex to spend on it once I hit higher levels, and I already had a BoR so I think i'll be set.
Would you recommend levelling with any of the specific abilities? i.e. earthquake/icecrash/bladeflurry etc?
Last edited by Kaerthon on Mar 17, 2017, 12:54:01 AM
"
Kaerthon wrote:
Thanks for the reply! Loving this build. I'm going to have about 2ex to spend on it once I hit higher levels, and I already had a BoR so I think i'll be set.
Would you recommend levelling with any of the specific abilities? i.e. earthquake/icecrash/bladeflurry etc?

Earthquake is nice to level with, blade flurry should be fine too. Ice Crash might seem a bit slower, because you won't have all the attack speed yet. 2ex is more than plenty for the budget endgame setup if you shop for good deals. The budget setup is very good, easily works for red maps and the vast majority of the bosses too.
I found out this build like 2 leagues before and in legacy finally got to test it out. It works really well as I'm at lvl 87 now with 38k hideout tooltip on Ice Crash. Could you give me some tips regarding my gear to get some more armor/life? I'm at 4,2k life and 10k armor without flask, 15k with lion's roar.

Also, is there some better weapon to go for with more money? I went into sword passives, so would pref some better sword but can respec a bit.
Last edited by krysztal on Mar 17, 2017, 12:57:58 PM
"
krysztal wrote:
Could you give me some tips regarding my gear to get some more armor/life? I'm at 4,2k life and 10k armor without flask, 15k with lion's roar.

Also, is there some better weapon to go for with more money? I went into sword passives, so would pref some better sword but can respec a bit.

As you can see in the budget build, I use a meginord's girdle, which should add some life for you.

You can get more damage and life on gloves, see example in budget setup (cost me like 5 chaos or something).

In a non-aegis build, armour really isn't necessary. We just try to have some. This is because endgame damage is elemental. Armour protects against small physical hits only, and block takes care of most of those anyway.

Getting a better sword than Scaeva costs a lot. Honestly, right now I am using the Scaeva with the optional sword nodes mentioned in the guide and it's quite good. To beat Scaeva, you have to consider the extra crit multiplier and increased crit chance when in main hand which makes it better than its 280 pdps/6 crit would have you believe. I believe that you would need something like 330+ pdps and 7+ crit to beat Scaeva. A rare like this is 5 ex+ typically. Note that I haven't bought one to test.
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 17, 2017, 3:24:48 PM
Thanks for answer, I'll stick to my belt because of resists, so looks like I need to hunt for some gloves.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info