[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
ger143 wrote:
My Static Strike tooltip damage with auras/flask buffs lands around 29K.

It's mostly your weapon, get a doryani's catalyst. if you stay with that claw, at least quality it. :)

Lion's roar flask, gloves, belt, ring with damage stats... lots of good damage nodes coming up as you level. You could drop something minor/unnecessary and get retaliation.

Grabbing a Lion's Roar flask as we speak. Working on a gloves, belt, and ring upgrade! Those three hold majority of my resistances so it may take some time to find the right pieces with the right stats. Working up on getting Retaliation, too.

As for my weapon, I took your advice and quality-20'd it--now it has 259 pDPS. Are there any factors aside from pDPS that would make other weapons out-perform my claw? I've looked into Doryani's Catalyst before but it's out of my budget. I've quality-20'd my Scaeva for comparison and it's under by about 1k tooltip damage compared to my Touch of Anguish claw.
Last edited by ger143 on Mar 16, 2017, 9:17:25 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
markowski wrote:
this sword works fine with static strike ?

http://poe.trade/search/etaritahesuwor

Hyaon's Fury is pretty much all elemental damage, so it won't scale based on physical nodes and supports. In other words, it's pretty awful. Get a Scaeva for 1 chaos, or for the best static strike weapon, a Doryani's Catalyst. That said, Static Strike is no longer a top tier melee skill.

besides Blade Flurry, what other skills are better than Static Strike? I am still using it with Doryani's. Not to interested in switching weapons, but would try anther skill.
"
ger143 wrote:
As for my weapon, I took your advice and quality-20'd it--now it has 259 pDPS. Are there any factors aside from pDPS that would make other weapons out-perform my claw?

32% increased Elemental Damage

(30-40)% increased Global Critical Strike Chance

(80-100)% increased Elemental Damage

The big one is another 40 pdps

I guess that you didn't enter the correct search parameters if you saying it is expensive. Here;s a better search for you. http://poe.trade/search/tokotoninikoki

It shouldn't take more than a few hour's farming to raise 10 chaos via recipe (the vast majority of items are not worth identifying in PoE).

"
jackal917 wrote:
besides Blade Flurry, what other skills are better than Static Strike? I am still using it with Doryani's. Not to interested in switching weapons, but would try anther skill.

Ice Crash or Earthquake

The problem with static is that you have to move around too much so it is very slow going. Other skills may feel fast enough but you wouldn't really know until you time them all with a stopwatch as I have.
"
Sovyn wrote:
32% increased Elemental Damage

(30-40)% increased Global Critical Strike Chance

(80-100)% increased Elemental Damage

The big one is another 40 pdps

I guess that you didn't enter the correct search parameters if you saying it is expensive. Here;s a better search for you. http://poe.trade/search/tokotoninikoki

It shouldn't take more than a few hour's farming to raise 10 chaos via recipe (the vast majority of items are not worth identifying in PoE).

I've picked up new gloves with attack speed, a Doryani's Catalyst, and redistributed a few skill points around. Just those few modest changes doubled my tooltip damage. Thanks for the help!
Last edited by ger143 on Mar 16, 2017, 9:18:13 PM
I'm curious about survability in the endgame, against all bosses with high elemental dmg.
Last edited by MccM on Feb 27, 2017, 1:59:25 AM
"
ger143 wrote:
doubled my tooltip damage. I owe ya Sovyn! Thanks for the help!

No problem! :)
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 27, 2017, 3:09:19 AM
"
MccM wrote:
I'm curious about survability in the endgame, against all bosses with high elemental dmg.

Most encounters have avoidable burst damage. Just avoid it like most builds do and you are fine. Unfortunately I am trying for 97 and hesitant to do much more than do the occasional routine maps, or I would have new, more impressive videos up. The punishment for 'learning' is just too high these days for a casual player.
Wanted to ask some more questions now that i've started posting and stopped lurking.

wanted to get your opinion on which body armor I should use. Currently I am using
, but wanted to see if you thought
was better to go with.

Im also thinking of moving Herald of Ash from
for Blind. wanted to know your opinion on it. Would end up dropping Molten Shell to make room for HoA.
"
jackal917 wrote:
Wanted to ask some more questions now that i've started posting and stopped lurking.

Since you are not using aegis, I would probably go with the Belly.

Dropping molten for blind would be acceptable. Molten is very minor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info