[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hey, is not like you need anymore feedbacks but here it goes:

Your build is great! And its really fun to play with it.

I am playing it on Warbands (lvl 47 now).

As the lvls goes by i feel it depends on gear upgrades, but far less than bow builds, but a bit more than spellcasters that have their dmg scaled by their gems as they gain lvl.

In my case I am having extra luck with this toon. Before act1 normal was done i had Vaal haste, Vaal Doble Strike and Molten Shell 17% quality. In the worst times all this skills together helped a lot against single target.

And just now i was able to find this:

For my lvl is an amazing find. I was able to improve my dmg by 120%.

I am feeling like i will keep at least vaal haste in higher lvls for boss fights.

The bad part is that evasion shields looks much better (or is just me?).
Last edited by Vorbek on Jul 22, 2015, 9:13:25 AM
"
MamotromicO wrote:
Just another question: Anyone tried using this build with Frost Blades? I really like the skill and I'm using it while leveling again, but I don't think it would fit later on, so I'm ready to move to Static Strike. Still, maybe someone tried it, so I'm curious.

Hi! A few pages ago, I did mention I was leveling/testing it out with Frost Blades (albeit not maxed level/quality) and the dps numbers were comparable to my other maxed/quality attacks.

I think current peak dps with Frost Blades is something like ~60k tooltip, and would probably require more manual dodging when fighting bosses like Sovyn said.

There are better combos to work with Frost Blades as an attack, such as projectile speed from the tree, and Fork support gem, but I don't think that goes here :P

I was testing it with all the mentioned support by Sovyn such as added fire, weapon elemental damage, faster attacks. So I didn't use Fork or more projectile speed. Dps still fine for trash clearing but bosses... Needs a little work there. At least for me, personally.
What do you thing about this shield
Spoiler

I am using it at 85lvl, shield is good overall, but feels a bit squishy against physical attacks, however Carnage ( colonnade map boss ) with +25% dmg +20% fast attack mode was hitting me for about half hp (4k hp total) with his big time smashes, that is not so bad isn't it? I don't have lionseye so cant tell the difference.
Hello, and thanks for great guide!

Played with this long time ago on my templar. I was bored with my dual flame totem on warbands. So im back, but with my ranger, even older she used to be LA :) (thanks to free respec).

My gear and links setup are still not done yet, also my chaos resistance -60.

Got some problems with mana, so Im using Poachers Mark. IMHO its great, give me mana and life on hit, also generating frenzy charges + Rallying Cry, inc. dmg and mana regen, amazing for leveling. Im running without blood rage, just for now.

Stats lvl 73:

Life 3.7k, full res.
Armor 58%, Block 67% with buffs +12% / +3%
DPS ST with HoA + Hat 10.2k with all buffs 14.8k

My gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by krasz1221 on Jul 22, 2015, 1:03:50 PM
"
Phantomik wrote:
Spoiler

I am using it at 85lvl, shield is good overall, but feels a bit squishy against physical attacks, however Carnage ( colonnade map boss ) with +25% dmg +20% fast attack mode was hitting me for about half hp (4k hp total) with his big time smashes, that is not so bad isn't it? I don't have lionseye so cant tell the difference.

Regarding that shield, you are missing a lot of armor from Lioneye's Remorse or a comparable Armor-based shield. With enough block and high enough armor, 'big time smashes' shouldn't hurt as much. Just my two cents.

EDIT: You might also want to stick with a level 1 Cast When Damage Taken gem so your golem and blood rage has more up time. May also want to get a flame golem instead for a more flat/consistent dps boost as opposed to ice golem. Hope this helps!
Last edited by andrew8448 on Jul 22, 2015, 3:04:39 PM
"
Vorbek wrote:
Your build is great! And its really fun to play with it.

I am playing it on Warbands (lvl 47 now).

The bad part is that evasion shields looks much better (or is just me?).

Hi Vorbek, glad you are having fun with my build. :)

Evasion shields are round and smaller, they do look better. Early on Crest of Perandus is probably about the best shield you can get but the evasion is so low that it doesn't matter. I go for function rather than appearance and the armour shields win out in 2.0 IMO at least past the low levels.
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Hi! A few pages ago, I did mention I was leveling/testing it out with Frost Blades (albeit not maxed level/quality) and the dps numbers were comparable to my other maxed/quality attacks.

I think current peak dps with Frost Blades is something like ~60k tooltip, and would probably require more manual dodging when fighting bosses like Sovyn said.

Thanks for the feedback on Frost Blades. 60K tooltip would be a surprise but I haven't gotten around to testing it myself yet. :)

Of course the calculated DPS on Static Strike is even higher.
"
Phantomik wrote:
Spoiler

What andrew said but also that shield you have is worth more than a Lioneye's so you can sell it and buy a Lioneye's no problem. Funny thing, the Old One's Ward was designed specifically for this build by one of my Lazy Pally friends from the past. The dev he was working with really whittled him/us down on the stats though. We wanted more evasion of course, more spell block. I think the dev had more of a leveling unique in mind. Times change though as GGG keeps mixing things up. Turned out to be quite good for facebreaker builds though.
"
krasz1221 wrote:
Hello, and thanks for great guide!

Played with this long time ago on my templar. I was bored with my dual flame totem on warbands. So im back, but with my ranger, even older she used to be LA :) (thanks to free respec).

My gear and links setup are still not done yet, also my chaos resistance -60.

Got some problems with mana, so Im using Poachers Mark. IMHO its great, give me mana and life on hit, also generating frenzy charges + Rallying Cry, inc. dmg and mana regen, amazing for leveling. Im running without blood rage, just for now.

Welcome back then, krasz! I've been working on a static strike version of my act 4 video (you'll see it soon) and I've been using Poacher's as well. Works well most of the time. One exception is stuff that doesn't hit back like the hearts in Malachai's room. A different solution would be mana leech on both rings or on jewels.
Hey Sovyn, I was re-watching your Malachai fight and, although you said it was slightly sloppy, with our current stats ('our' meaning yours and mine, since they are probably most similar), do we just accept that smashes will chunk our hp that much? I mean, even with maxed block and a good health pool, the armor isn't really doing much vs. smashes, is it? Asking because, if that's the way it looks, then the new maps might be a pain. I haven't gotten past level 79 Village Ruin map, in terms of the new map progression. It will be tough to see level 80+ maps.

In related news, if armor doesn't do much for us, perhaps Lightning Coil + a lot of lightning resistance on gear is worth checking out.
Also testing Arctic Armor + Purity of Fire again for Atziri-level content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info