[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

A little question about surviveability in tempest:

tl:dr
What im using for physical reduction - 12k armor (21k with granite), fortify, 3x endurance charges and arctic armor. 15% evasion

What i'm contemplating to do - remove the highest source of my armor (shield) and switch it to evasion. That would leave me at 2.5k armor (21% phys) (11.5k with granite, 58%) and +6k evasion which would prob get me something like 30-40% evasion maybe and if i'd use an evasion flask on top of that would give me 20k+ evasion.
And if I choose to do this and my physical is lacking I can always switch my flame golem to chaos golem for that extra physical reduction right?

Since I have so many means of dealing with physical damage already would it be smart to switch some of that armor to evasion? Since my armor is getting so heavily diminished anyways.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Buiaka on Jul 21, 2015, 9:48:26 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:
I've have a lot of fun with this build thanks.

I have one issue, I run 6L Ice Crush and Static Strike depending on fight. But I have to run a mana leech gem to keep up with the mana cost. I even have a nice .39% mana leech jewel...

Do I have to drop assassin's mark/vulnerability/enfeeble and so on and switch to warlord's mark? The guide says if I follow the guide carefully I should have enough mana leech to sustain attacks... I dont see how this is possible with the mana leech nerf and both Ice Crush and Static does very little amount of physical damage.

Anyone pro in this build please halp. Thanks.

Well as i mentioned a few posts above you, rallying cry gives plenty of mana with some manareg% on your char if you have problems. it lasts 8 seconds so you can use enduring cry aswell, since you only get 3 charges with one cry for 10 seconds anyways (can't get more by using it more often). The cast time is incredibly short, so I do not even notice a slow down. besides from the huge damage bonus.. and ofcourse with the charge on stun links explained in the guide, you do not even need enduring cry.

"
Since my armor is getting so heavily diminished anyways.

Thoughts?

It's never enough versus big hits :) So I wouldn't drop it.
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Jul 21, 2015, 3:03:53 PM
btw i forgot to mention that elem prolifiration on catalyst is no that useless...
just put your auras there. herald of ash will prolafirate!
Last edited by sockgr on Jul 21, 2015, 3:05:02 PM
"
sockgr wrote:
btw i forgot to mention that elem prolifiration on catalyst is no that usless...

yea but it gets more expensive; maybe these -% reserved jewels help with that.
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Jul 21, 2015, 3:05:19 PM
"
rusher21 wrote:
"
sockgr wrote:
btw i forgot to mention that elem prolifiration on catalyst is no that usless...

what do u mean bro?
what gets more expensive?
u gona get catalyst anyhow.
catalyst is a must
its like having a mirror weapon for this build!
Last edited by sockgr on Jul 21, 2015, 3:08:08 PM
"
rusher21 wrote:
"
sockgr wrote:

ohhhh i got what u mean i thougt elem prol. wont incr mana reserv!!!
wtf why?
"
sockgr wrote:
"
rusher21 wrote:
"
sockgr wrote:

ohhhh i got what u mean i thougt elem prol. wont incr mana reserv!!!
wtf why?

ok i test it. with 93 mana left and 0.8% mana leech is not an issue at all!
the clearing speed of the map is UNBELEAVABLE!
edit: increase our lazyness by a LOT! xD
Last edited by sockgr on Jul 21, 2015, 4:42:06 PM
"
Buiaka wrote:
A little question about surviveability in tempest:

tl:dr
What im using for physical reduction - 12k armor (21k with granite), fortify, 3x endurance charges and arctic armor. 15% evasion

What i'm contemplating to do - remove the highest source of my armor (shield) and switch it to evasion. That would leave me at 2.5k armor (21% phys) (11.5k with granite, 58%) and +6k evasion which would prob get me something like 30-40% evasion maybe and if i'd use an evasion flask on top of that would give me 20k+ evasion.
And if I choose to do this and my physical is lacking I can always switch my flame golem to chaos golem for that extra physical reduction right?

Since I have so many means of dealing with physical damage already would it be smart to switch some of that armor to evasion? Since my armor is getting so heavily diminished anyways.

Thoughts?

In 2.0 Evasion is not worth it because we have max block.

(100 * 0.7) * 0.25 = 17.5

100 * 0.25 = 25

As you can see, 30% evasion only reduces your chance to get hit by 7.5% on average.

In addition you will have fewer endurance charges generated and curses applied because evasion is checked first and the counter-attacks won't work if you evade.
Can you edit the section why doryani's is so godly as everyone seems to say? What I can see the lvl 20 ele prof is good to use with herald of ash (and other auras too, no?)
Elemental life leech is huge if ur using static strike.
And the 110% increased elemental damage, does that affect our dps too or? if yes, would switching to cyclone be bad then? Please enlighten
"
Buiaka wrote:
Can you edit the section why doryani's is so godly as everyone seems to say? What I can see the lvl 20 ele prof is good to use with herald of ash (and other auras too, no?)
Elemental life leech is huge if ur using static strike.
And the 110% increased elemental damage, does that affect our dps too or? if yes, would switching to cyclone be bad then? Please enlighten

I think I already say enough in the guide about getting a doryani's.

The ele prolif raises the reservation of heralds so I don't socket auras there. (25% to 35%) I want some available mana in case I miss or poacher's mark does not apply right away. May be less of a factor if you have lots of mana leech from rings or jewels. You can make it work but it's harder and not that big of a difference in damage at all.

Elemental leech is much smaller now than in 1.3 but still OK to have.

Yes the elemental damage on doryani's and my belt helps a bit, raises damage from hatred, HoA, and the lightning portion of static strike too if one chooses that skill.

Cyclone also uses hatred and HoA so the mod is not wasted at all.

Tooltip DPS is higher on static strike but cyclone is better than you would think with only half the tooltip.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info