[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

For some reason my tempest shield/ Flame golem wont go off when i get hit or is it that only the first linked item to CWDT goes off?

Also should i put Fortify
here instead of faster attack speed?
"
For some reason my tempest shield/ Flame golem wont go off when i get hit or is it that only the first linked item to CWDT goes off?

CWDT - Requires Level 54
Flame Golem - Requires level 60
Tempest Shield - Requires level 55

You overleveled flame golem and tempest shield, they need to have less or equal level requirement as CWDT to activate.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
P1mento wrote:
Love your guide, enjoying the build quite a bit.

I just noticed you changed (and rather dramatically I might add) the CWDT levels.

Went from what, level 9 to a lvl 1, and rinse and repeat for the rest. What's up with the change?

Did PoE change how CWDT works again?

It won't kill me to replace them, i'm really just curious as to the change.

More uptime for Tempest Shield's 3% block. The golem dies in 1 hit regardless.
"
ClaudelGFX wrote:
hey man, im postin here because i've been following your build since 1.3 and now in 2.0 and dunno how come you guys have so much dps while the max dps at my current level 73, is like MAX 10k with any skills whatsoever molten strike/ static strike/ ice crash.. please let me know if i've done anything wrong or how can i increase my overall DPS. thanx a lot!

Hello Claude,

First of all I do see a little waste on your tree, you spent 3 points to get a jewel socket when there is one for just two, and the 3/10 shield dps node is not taken that early. Also it would be better to get resists on gear instand of spending two on the 8% resist nodes. All that is easily fixed with a few of the free respec points. You should focus on leveling up more.

Soul taker is only 221 pdps, your doryani's is a very bad roll at only 226 pdps (they go over 300 np). Don't forget to quality it. Doryani's + blood magic support is better than soul taker.

Your attack skill support gems are still very low level and no quality. Also I think added fire is better than faster attacks.

Your belt is not adding any damage. Get a good rustic sash with elemental damage master craft (or the meginord if you dont need resists) or at least a different Doryani's (physical is best for damage, after that maybe the cold one for your ice crash since it has armour).

Gloves could have a better physical damage roll but I know you are probably on a budget.

I wouldn't use the Carnage Heart, the 25% reduced life is too steep.

Your Bringer of Rain would give you more dps, it's almost as good as a 6-link chest. You just need tons of resists on rings, gloves, belt to make it work.
"
ExtremeRage wrote:

Also should i put Fortify .... here instead of faster attack speed?

As Mannoth said, you need to adjust level of the CWDT gems. Vendor recipe gem + scour or you just buy new ones at normal difficulty gem vendors (cheap). I have new guidance on CWDT levels on page 1. Check it out.

You can use fortify on your movement skill but you have to pay a lot more attention in order to weave the skills properly to keep it up. The advantage is that you get to put a DPS support gem on your main attack skill instead.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 17, 2015, 7:29:02 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
ExtremeRage wrote:

Also should i put Fortify .... here instead of faster attack speed?

As Mannoth said, you need to adjust level of the CWDT gems. Vendor recipe gem + scour or you just buy new ones at normal difficulty gem vendors (cheap). I have new guidance on CWDT levels on page 1. Check it out.

You can use fortify on your movement skill but you have to pay a lot more attention in order to weave the skills properly to keep it up. The advantage is that you get to put a DPS support gem on your main attack skill instead.

Yeah stupid me for not looking at the gem -.-

Should i put fortify with my static strike?

Btw i wonder how the life leech is at later lvls? Is the doryanis 0.2% enough?
Last edited by ExtremeRage on Jul 17, 2015, 8:25:53 PM
"
ExtremeRage wrote:

Should i put fortify with my static strike?

Btw i wonder how the life leech is at later lvls? Is the doryanis 0.2% enough?

You can put fortify with your attack skill but it will cost you DPS. It's a heck of a lot more convenient though! One of the many trade-offs introduced in The Awakening.

Leech - we have mostly regen at 200/sec approximately. Leech is smaller but can't hurt. I don't have to flask much when clearing regular monsters, just on bosses.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
ClaudelGFX wrote:
hey man, im postin here because i've been following your build since 1.3 and now in 2.0 and dunno how come you guys have so much dps while the max dps at my current level 73, is like MAX 10k with any skills whatsoever molten strike/ static strike/ ice crash.. please let me know if i've done anything wrong or how can i increase my overall DPS. thanx a lot!

Hello Claude,

First of all I do see a little waste on your tree, you spent 3 points to get a jewel socket when there is one for just two, and the 3/10 shield dps node is not taken that early. Also it would be better to get resists on gear instand of spending two on the 8% resist nodes. All that is easily fixed with a few of the free respec points. You should focus on leveling up more.

Soul taker is only 221 pdps, your doryani's is a very bad roll at only 226 pdps (they go over 300 np). Don't forget to quality it. Doryani's + blood magic support is better than soul taker.

Your attack skill support gems are still very low level and no quality. Also I think added fire is better than faster attacks.

Your belt is not adding any damage. Get a good rustic sash with elemental damage master craft (or the meginord if you dont need resists) or at least a different Doryani's (physical is best for damage, after that maybe the cold one for your ice crash since it has armour).

Gloves could have a better physical damage roll but I know you are probably on a budget.

I wouldn't use the Carnage Heart, the 25% reduced life is too steep.

Your Bringer of Rain would give you more dps, it's almost as good as a 6-link chest. You just need tons of resists on rings, gloves, belt to make it work.

that's only the ice crash who's lower level (yet doin the same 10k dps) other then that, all my gems are level 18 or 19
about the skill tree, yes i know that but i always respec when going on a new tier, i don't think those 5 passives i temp wasted is takin me down 40K dps that you clearly have above me
and that was my main question, how do you get 50k dps while the max i get is 10-12K dps... thanx again
"
ClaudelGFX wrote:
that was my main question, how do you get 50k dps while the max i get is 10-12K dps... thanx again

The stuff I mentioned plus 6-link (adds about 5K DPS) and also I'm high level with more damage nodes and have some crit. Plus keep in mind the 50K is with everything going, blood rage, power charges, Atziri flask, golem, everything. 10K sounds fine for your level though. :) Should be killing most stuff quick with that.
So we think Crimson have the best chance to get shield block chance? How about Cobalt?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info